all ireland football qualifiers 2017.

Started by cornetto, April 19, 2017, 07:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Quote from: Gold on June 17, 2017, 06:14:31 PM
Antrim 4 up 2.6 to 8

But down to 14

Second goal was a shot for a point that dropped short.

Longford down to 14 with Robbie Smyth off on 2 yellows.

imtommygunn

Sligo four up now. Not looking good.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

twohands!!!

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 17, 2017, 06:33:39 PM
Sligo four up now. Not looking good.

12 points in a row for Sligo says it all about Antrim's performance.

Qwerty28

Hopefully we get Mayo in Pearse Park, 2010 all over again!

Oh wait, we've no stand  >:(

Rossfan

So Antrim Waterford Wicklow and Louth gone.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

Bizarre end to game . Louth 3 lads sent off. One for kicking ball at umpire!

twohands!!!

Quote from: Rossfan on June 17, 2017, 06:42:16 PM
So Antrim Waterford Wicklow and Louth gone.

3 sides who will be in Division 4 next year and one that will be in Division 2.

T Fearon

Is Jack Dowling,Antrim a son of former Armagh player Dermot Dowling?

sligoman2

Sending off for Antrim was a turning point for 2 reason

1) Antrim down to 14
2) give us a chance to. Ring on a fast player Kyle Cawley to replace a injured Mark Breheny.

I hope Mark is okay. It I think he should be a sub for the next day, once sligo played fast direc football they were unstoppable.

Don't know why Kevin McDonnell didn't start .
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Main Street

If that umpire was hit by the ball and if he counts as an official, a made official, one of the untouchables, then that Louth player should be facing the CCCC, cap in hand.

Shamrock Shore

Last min of the game.....Louth well beaten......50:50 ball goes wide well away from the goals - perhaps a 45, perhaps not. Umpire had moved out....signalled wide. Louth lad (Burns) turned and rooted the ball off the ground towards the retreating umpire who had his back turned - ball hits umpire, Bishop Brennan style, up the arse.

Umpire takes umbrage (ref didn't see this as his back was turned) and consults with his colleague. Both contacted the ref via mike and ref had no choice but to give red.

I have never seen this before. Maybe it happened in some Junior B local grudge match with local umpires but in a senior inter county game?

Madness.

playwiththewind1st

I once sent a certain boy off  in an Antrim U-16 HC match. Turned my back, to restart the match & then his stick came whistling by my ear. Now that's something to complain about. Never turn your back is my advice.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 17, 2017, 09:59:27 PM
Last min of the game.....Louth well beaten......50:50 ball goes wide well away from the goals - perhaps a 45, perhaps not. Umpire had moved out....signalled wide. Louth lad (Burns) turned and rooted the ball off the ground towards the retreating umpire who had his back turned - ball hits umpire, Bishop Brennan style, up the arse.

Umpire takes umbrage (ref didn't see this as his back was turned) and consults with his colleague. Both contacted the ref via mike and ref had no choice but to give red.

I have never seen this before. Maybe it happened in some Junior B local grudge match with local umpires but in a senior inter county game?

Madness.
unless it was intentional, he cannot be suspended and the card will be recinded

Shamrock Shore

Well. I spose it's hard to prove intent - only the player knows this - but it was kicked with such force and direction that it look pretty intentional. Hard to know hoe this will pan out but it looks like his summer is over.

BTW I forgot to say the reason the ref had his back turned was because he was busy sending on another Louth lad!