Author Topic: All this league positivity talk and yet no thread for the final  (Read 7624 times)

seafoid

• View Profile
Re: All this league positivity talk and yet no thread for the final
« Reply #240 on: April 14, 2017, 09:14:34 PM »
Was good to see Kerry finally beat the Dubs which will give them and others some hope.
However, I think the Dubs have been in third gear so far and have been toying with teams so far. They've played a lot of new faces throughout the league and I think it's still theirs to lose. They've become much more defensively organised and when they have Cooper, O'Sullivan, McCarthy, McCaffrey and McMahon all back they will be tough to break down.
I can see them beating the exhausted Ulster champions in the semifinal to set up another Kerry or Mayo final.

Donegal will be worth watching though as I believe their new boys on the block are all big tall fast lads who I think will beat the Dubs tomorrow.
I wouldn't be that sure about the Dubs, Fuzzman 3 in a row is a huge ask and Kerry had the Dubs in trouble the last day. They don't seem to be as far ahead of the pack as the Kilkenny hurlers were  in 2008 for example.
"you can try and intimidate us, but f**k youse, we're going to win an All-Ireland anyway"

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 14, 2017, 09:47:38 PM »
Donegal beating Dublin tomorrow won't mean much for the senior championship. Donegal put a lot of effort into this years NFL and by over playing U21s they could be maxed out by August.

Kerry are the most likely team to beat Dublin again this summer. I can't see any Ulster side or Mayo toppling the Dubs. Fuzzman what gear was Dublin in for the last number of AI finals? Far from top gear I'd reckon and like any team that are aiming to stay at the top they will need new faces and freshness injected into their side.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 15, 2017, 01:35:11 AM »
Donegal beating Dublin tomorrow won't mean much for the senior championship. Donegal put a lot of effort into this years NFL and by over playing U21s they could be maxed out by August.

Kerry are the most likely team to beat Dublin again this summer. I can't see any Ulster side or Mayo toppling the Dubs. Fuzzman what gear was Dublin in for the last number of AI finals? Far from top gear I'd reckon and like any team that are aiming to stay at the top they will need new faces and freshness injected into their side.

The too much/too little merry-go-round about league effort is one of the gold standard tropes of this board and GAA in general.