Author Topic: Connacht senior football championship 2017  (Read 2172 times)

magpie seanie

• View Profile
Re: Connacht senior football championship 2017
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2017, 11:14:33 AM »
Darren Freeman and Luke Loughlin who tormented the Roscommon defence last year are apparently no longer with New York and going by their recent scores in challenges of just 1-5 and 0-12 both are badly missed.

Sligos Vinny Cadden who was awarded MOTM last year is still the keeper for New York and this upcoming Connacht championship game is sure to bring mixed feelings for him

Vinny won't have any mixed feelings.....he's a man on a mission I can assure you. It's a damn shame and sadly our club is losing out on his services for the second summer in a row (he'd play midfield for us) through no fault of our own. He's a good lad and hopefully Sligo will be under new management next year.

On Murf - it's a really bad tear. 6 to 8 weeks. Supposedly happened as he turned and was in the last minute of a session on the astro pitch in Bekan. He was in absolute agony from the descriptions I've heard. That news on McIntyre is really bad as he has been very good and improving all through the league. What are his chances of playing Mano?

I heard NY have played 3 challenge matches recently and the results haven't been great but I'm pretty sure the last time we went they only played (and lost to) Boston beforehand.

At least its only weeks and not months like Ger Cafferkey last year who apparently tore his hamstring off the bone. The training on the astro pitch is to get ready for the Bronx surface i presume.

The guy who was updating me on it is close to the setup but he did say it was initially diagnosed as a grade 2 tear but is now supposedly a grade 4 (there's no such thing as a grade 4 tear as far as I know). I'd say the 6-8 week timeframe is accurate though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a Grade 4 muscle tear is a complete sever of the muscle and fascia. Don't know how that could be misdiagnosed as a Grade 2

Yeah, it made no sense to me especially when I googled hamstring tears and didn't find anything about grade 4 tears.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2017, 11:54:06 AM »
Darren Freeman and Luke Loughlin who tormented the Roscommon defence last year are apparently no longer with New York and going by their recent scores in challenges of just 1-5 and 0-12 both are badly missed.

Sligos Vinny Cadden who was awarded MOTM last year is still the keeper for New York and this upcoming Connacht championship game is sure to bring mixed feelings for him

Vinny won't have any mixed feelings.....he's a man on a mission I can assure you. It's a damn shame and sadly our club is losing out on his services for the second summer in a row (he'd play midfield for us) through no fault of our own. He's a good lad and hopefully Sligo will be under new management next year.

On Murf - it's a really bad tear. 6 to 8 weeks. Supposedly happened as he turned and was in the last minute of a session on the astro pitch in Bekan. He was in absolute agony from the descriptions I've heard. That news on McIntyre is really bad as he has been very good and improving all through the league. What are his chances of playing Mano?

I heard NY have played 3 challenge matches recently and the results haven't been great but I'm pretty sure the last time we went they only played (and lost to) Boston beforehand.

At least its only weeks and not months like Ger Cafferkey last year who apparently tore his hamstring off the bone. The training on the astro pitch is to get ready for the Bronx surface i presume.

The guy who was updating me on it is close to the setup but he did say it was initially diagnosed as a grade 2 tear but is now supposedly a grade 4 (there's no such thing as a grade 4 tear as far as I know). I'd say the 6-8 week timeframe is accurate though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a Grade 4 muscle tear is a complete sever of the muscle and fascia. Don't know how that could be misdiagnosed as a Grade 2

Yeah, it made no sense to me especially when I googled hamstring tears and didn't find anything about grade 4 tears.

Niall Murphy's physician:

http://www.thejournal.ie/omar-hassan-medical-council-2529744-Jan2016/

ck

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2017, 05:57:18 PM »
Sligo were 50/1 and now are 40/1. A lot of wise heads out there!  ;)

sligoman2

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2017, 04:24:02 PM »
Only 2 weeks now till the big apple.  Any update ages on injuries or challenge matches from the sligo camp?

I am expecting a 10 point win for Sligo as I can't see them getting caught on the hop like Roscommon last year.
I certainly hope we're not the first county to lose to NY and London in the Connacht championship.

Murphy is a huge loss but we still have Marren, Kyle Cawley, Pat Hughes, David Kelly, Coen,  Breheny and others who can score with ease.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2017, 05:04:01 PM »
Only 2 weeks now till the big apple.  Any update ages on injuries or challenge matches from the sligo camp?

I am expecting a 10 point win for Sligo as I can't see them getting caught on the hop like Roscommon last year.
I certainly hope we're not the first county to lose to NY and London in the Connacht championship.

Murphy is a huge loss but we still have Marren, Kyle Cawley, Pat Hughes, David Kelly, Coen,  Breheny and others who can score with ease.

I think Leitrim was the first team to lose against London in the Connacht championship back in seventies.

Sligo have plenty of scoring options but at the other end of the field is where Sligos problems are. The odds has got much shorter the last few weeks Sligo 1/8 New York    5/1 with Paddy power now

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2017, 11:31:27 PM »

I think Leitrim was the first team to lose against London in the Connacht championship back in seventies.

Sligo have plenty of scoring options but at the other end of the field is where Sligos problems are. The odds has got much shorter the last few weeks Sligo 1/8 New York    5/1 with Paddy power now

Those odds seem more realistic to me. Everything depends on what they're like. I've no further news bar that Keelan Cawley looked good in our club matches but we're down in Div2 so hard to read much into that.