Top 20 Forwards of All Time?

Started by Owen Brannigan, April 05, 2017, 08:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Quote from: vallankumous on April 07, 2017, 08:14:11 AM
Sean Quigley. Perhaps he'll be appreciated in retirement.

Rory Gallagher  is the best Fermanagh man I have seen.
Still holds the scoring record for an individual in the Ulster Championship.
He scored 3-9 against Monaghan . 
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

rrhf

Gallagher was the best footballer in Ireland for a very short period but he still was the best. 

The Stallion

rrhf

tiempo

Quote from: rrhf on April 07, 2017, 02:52:43 PM
Who was?

I think he was, w/c 7 Jan 2002, just a few months before he landed the big 3-9. There were no games that week though so nobody noticed.

redhandefender

Quote from: rrhf on April 07, 2017, 01:12:09 PM
Gallagher was the best footballer in Ireland for a very short period but he still was the best.

What? He wasn't even the best gallagher

longballin

for that afternoon?

Solo_run

The Iceman

We all grew up in different times. Some watched from the sidelines, some played alongside these legends of the game or watched at home on TV.

For me Oisin was the best Armagh forward in my time driving up and down the country following the team. He was Mr consistent and outscored everyone. We've been very fortunate to see some of the best footballers in our time and they'll only get better as the game progresses.  It's keeping them on Irish soil that will be the challenge or keeping them in football
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

DennistheMenace

Most of the posts biased to their own country or club men.

Personally outside of Derry were Paddy Bradley is the best forward our county has produced , I'd say McConville should be up there but wouldn't have O'Neill or McDonnell in a top 20. Both great players though. Canavan a shoe in for at least top 3 forwards, Coulter was efficient but wouldn't be near a top 20 either, Linden much better even in his latter years.

Maroon Manc

Armagh were blessed with those forwards, must be hard to take to see Tyrone winning 3 AI's when there was very little between the sides.

Hard to believe Armagh & Tyrone won 12 Ulster finals in a row between them yet only met in one final.

No1

"Coulter was efficient"   ::)

Biased as I am, Benny Coulter was much more than efficient.  He was majestic and for a very long time was the only reason I paid money to watch the county footballers.  Even at the International Rules nonsense he was a class apart.  Any top 20 list without him is a load of shite, in my opinion of course!!

randomusername

Quote from: redhandefender on April 07, 2017, 03:38:09 PM

What? He wasn't even the best gallagher

Never saw Rory in action but he must've been pretty good as he was top scorer in the Ulster Championship three years running.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Rudi on April 06, 2017, 11:19:13 AM
Martin Mchugh me hole.
In fairness Martin McHugh was outstanding forward in his prime and better than most of todays forwards.