Can the Dubs do the 3 in a row?

Started by seafoid, March 28, 2017, 05:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Greenabovethered on April 21, 2017, 12:40:40 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 21, 2017, 11:24:11 AM
Have we another dose of media manipulation?
Diarmuid Connolly interviewed and plastered all over the place.
"I'm a nice chap really" or in other words "Refs  please stop picking on me"

The cash rich Dublin GAA PR machine in full flow. Irish Times, Irish Independent and Examiner.

In fairness De Paper is hardly a Dublin media organ.

Greenabovethered

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 21, 2017, 12:59:22 PM

The cash rich Dublin GAA PR machine in full flow. Irish Times, Irish Independent and Examiner.

In fairness De Paper is hardly a Dublin media organ.

Don't be so naïve, Dublin GAA have all these journalists on a short leash. They do what they're told.

AZOffaly

Naive? Moi? I'm the most cynical fecker you could meet :)

Syferus

Rossfan

And Morrissey on RTÉ  TV yesterday evening
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on April 16, 2017, 03:24:58 PM
Only been 4 Dublin keepers in the championship since the 70's.   We don't like too much change at that position.

Unbelievable stat. really.

I only remember 3 or 4 Dub. 'keepers since 1974 in Championship. Paddy Cullen (and he possibly was around a lot earlier) Mick Kennedy (briefly), O'Leary and Cluxton. Who am I forgetting? Are you including the 70's Jell? Like since the 70s is 1980?
Anyway it is some doing.

Gael85

Quote from: moysider on April 22, 2017, 01:17:03 AM
Only been 4 Dublin keepers in the championship since the 70's.   We don't like too much change at that position.

I only remember 3 or 4 Dub. 'keepers since 1974 in Championship. Paddy Cullen (and he possibly was around a lot earlier) Mick Kennedy (briefly), O'Leary and Cluxton. Who am I forgetting? Are you including the 70's Jell? Like since the 70s is 1980?
Anyway it is some doing.

Davy Byrne played in goal 98-01. Brian Murphy who played with minor with Kerry played 2 championship games in 03/04 when Cluxton was sent off/suspended

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: moysider on April 22, 2017, 01:17:03 AM

Anyway it is some doing.

I was counting from towards the end of Cullen's era, Moysider, say late 70's.  I had Cullen, O' Leary, Davy Byrne and Cluxton.

I'd forgotten about Brian Murphy, Gael.  That pushes it up to 5.  We're more fickle than I thought.

Syferus

~672,500 human males to chose from makes finding a good one a bit easier in fairness.

thejuice

I don't think the Dubs only pick humans.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossfan

I see questions being raised about Wexford Park's ability to host the Dublin game if they beat Carlow ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on May 02, 2017, 09:21:12 AM
I see questions being raised about Wexford Park's ability to host the Dublin game if they beat Carlow ::)
They should play Dublin away games in Claralara
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Buttofthehill

Quote from: orangeman on May 04, 2017, 09:02:57 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 03, 2017, 12:18:11 PM
Aiming for the mythical 5 in row?
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/jim-gavin-agrees-two-year-extension-to-remain-in-charge-of-dublin-until-end-of-2019-championship-35676828.html

And then blames the referee for losing the league final.

That's exactly what he doesn't do. He says that Kerry played better, end of.

What he does say is that referees have been explaining why decisions were made that benefited Dublin - no free for Kerry in the AISF but asks why arnt they explaining why Dublin didnt get a penalty in the league final or why Connolly got a Black up in Clones.