The GAA is inherently Sexist

Started by DuffleKing, March 28, 2017, 10:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

shark

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 28, 2017, 08:17:53 PM

You are pointing to the fact that the Galway ladies secretary is an amadan that eloquently outlines the case against her own position as some sort of support for this continued partition? You are aware, surely, that the more enlightened Clare Chairman and Anna Geary directly contradict this position in the same article?

I'm pointing out that the GAA are ready when the LGFA are.

east down gael

This crap is popping up more and more recently.a couple of years ago there were headlines made when the men's prize for a poc fada competition was a lot better than the woman's prize,I think it was a holiday compared to a tracksuit,something like that.
    it was pointed out that the gaa didn't run the ladies competition,and that it was the camogie association that organised the ladies prize.was that a suitable explanation?of course it wasn't.you still had a load of eejits saying 'ok..yeah..but still...'.much the same as the original poster.
   The ladies footballers and camogs are well taken care of by the gaa from what I can gather.

manfromdelmonte

Camogie and LGFA don't want to lose their separate funding,  while piggybacking on the GAA facilities and structures.
Simple as

Eamonnca1

And here's the best part. Camogie and LGF have been under the GAA umbrella in the USA and continental Europe for donkey's years. It actually works really well.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 28, 2017, 11:32:58 PM
And here's the best part. Camogie and LGF have been under the GAA umbrella in the USA and continental Europe for donkey's years. It actually works really well.

Agreed, the North American tournaments are great because they are combined events. There's a real buzz about them.

But Eamonn, on suspensions and the like, are they handed down by GAA NACB, or is there a separate LGFA and Camogie NACB that does that?

HiMucker

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 29, 2017, 12:25:51 PM

Agreed, the North American tournaments are great because they are combined events. There's a real bus about them.

But Eamonn, on suspensions and the like, are they handed down by GAA NACB, or is there a separate LGFA and Camogie NACB that does that?
Surely not as good as the Rossie one?

armaghniac

That's not the real GAA, all sorts of strange things happen over there. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eamonnca1

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 29, 2017, 12:25:51 PM

Agreed, the North American tournaments are great because they are combined events. There's a real buzz about them.

It's the NACB that handles it. The playing rules are taken from the rule books of the respective organizations, but disciplinary rules and voting rules are taken from the GAA Official Guide.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: armaghniac on March 29, 2017, 03:15:02 PM
That's not the real GAA, all sorts of strange things happen over there.

Quiet.