Mayo v Donegal - Sunday 2nd April 2pm MacHale Park

Started by Farrandeelin, March 27, 2017, 05:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: whitey on April 04, 2017, 04:59:20 PM
Quote from: blast05 on April 04, 2017, 01:44:51 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 04, 2017, 12:05:12 AM
Mayo gave as good as they got there, quite the one eyed commentary here.

Diarmuid O'Connor becoming every bit as unlikable as his brother of late, lots of nasty tackles and antics from him. You'd swear Mayo are as white as pure snow at times on here.

Not surprising to see O'Shea's gamesmanship getting swept under the rug again.

I've watched the 'schmozzle' section of the video multiple times (from ~9:00 on) ..... i can see 3 clean head punches ... 2 of them were by Michael Murphy - one on Diarmuid O'C and 1 on Aidan O'Shea. The 3rd punch was by a Donegal guy on Aidan (he showed remarkable restraint not to react to that one).
Please highlight where Mayo gave as good as they got in that incident in terms of cheap-shot head punches.

If there was a CCCC for referees then 3 boys on charge on Sunday should have been charged for their handling of that scrap

Also blatant kick by the Donegal eight right in front of Deegan

So instead of questioning why Reilly failed to issue 2 red cards during that sequence of play, the media are questioning whether O Shea made a meal out of the contact with the guy who got sent off

There's a couple of Mayo men in the media who should have commented on it when they had the chance.

From the Bunker

In fairness here in Mayo we don't really care! This is just an idle debate about a game soon to be forgotten. Murphy and a few others were acting the maggot, Referee and Linesmen ignored it and CCCCC ignores it. There will be no comment in the Media from Mayo. Why? Because it's an almost nothing League game in April. What's to be gained? Getting in the bad books with the officials. The officials have memories and they will single you out later on. Anyway, t'was nice to win on Sunday. The schmozzle added to the temporarily made it more pleasing. From a Donegal perspective it's hard to see them being disappointed in missing out on a League final playing Dublin away.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 04, 2017, 06:08:13 PM
Quote from: blast05 on April 04, 2017, 01:44:51 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 04, 2017, 12:05:12 AM
Mayo gave as good as they got there, quite the one eyed commentary here.

Diarmuid O'Connor becoming every bit as unlikable as his brother of late, lots of nasty tackles and antics from him. You'd swear Mayo are as white as pure snow at times on here.

Not surprising to see O'Shea's gamesmanship getting swept under the rug again.

I've watched the 'schmozzle' section of the video multiple times (from ~9:00 on) ..... i can see 3 clean head punches ... 2 of them were by Michael Murphy - one on Diarmuid O'C and 1 on Aidan O'Shea. The 3rd punch was by a Donegal guy on Aidan (he showed remarkable restraint not to react to that one).
Please highlight where Mayo gave as good as they got in that incident in terms of cheap-shot head punches.

If there was a CCCC for referees then 3 boys on charge on Sunday should have been charged for their handling of that scrap

Any chance of looking at the actions of some of your own players?

Okay so what actions did you see by Mayo players apart from the alleged dive by Aiden , he definitely got a shot to the groin , it was right in front of me where I was sitting in the stand. Didn't look like the worst strike I have ever seen but a kick out to the groin area not the thigh all the same.
Now if you can come up with a camera angle that proves my eye site wrong I will hold my hands up but unfortunately there only seems to be the 1980's RTE home video camera used for the highlights ;D ;D.
Look Bomber your are pissed off that we bullied Tyrone in the quarter final last year and we got a pat on the back from the RTE boys, and you are right if Tyrone had played as tough, hard, dogged, defensive as we did that day they would have screamed the end of Gaelic football is nigh and had O'Rourke doing a Sunday Game special on the evil smell of Tyrone etc...
You have no time for O'Shea, Keegan Mayo etc.. so it is duly noted by myself and all the other Mayo posters but please try to keep to a minimum your alternative facts Mayo Gaa news.
If anything take it as a mark of respect that we in Mayo watched how those great Tyrone teams never backed down and found new ways to dig out wins and took great lessons from that to improve our play!! Ignore Brolly and all the other sound bite gobshites!!

greatpoint

It seems unlikely to me that a team 4 points up and dominating the game would want to start a fracas, especially with it being that Mayo were under far more pressure to get a result.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

BluestackBoy

For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Farrandeelin

Come on Bomber, over 48 hours since Crete Boom asked for you to show us that Mayo gave as good as they got...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.