Ciarraí vs Tír Eoghain, Fitzgerald Stadium, Killarney, April 2nd @2pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 26, 2017, 10:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Hardly that odd,the game was over when Donnelly threw the punch.

skeog

Matty needs to curb his MMA instincts be big loss with Ronan also missing leaves a big hole down the middle.

Man Marker

Quote from: skeog on March 30, 2017, 01:38:43 PM
Matty needs to curb his MMA instincts be big loss with Ronan also missing leaves a big hole down the middle.

His form at the minute means he is not a big loss

Fuzzman

From Declan Bogue in Belfast Telegraph

Retrospective judgement will not be served on Tyrone debutant Harry Loughran, who caught Cillian O'Connor in the face towards the end, as the incident was dealt with.

At least Mattie will be back for the final.  ;D

redhandefender

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 30, 2017, 12:22:46 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on March 30, 2017, 11:30:10 AM
time for lee brennan

I was the same at the start if the year but, tbh, he didn't pull up any trees in both games against Donegal in u21s and I'm sure Mickey would have given him some game time earlier in the league if he was showing up well in training. He's plenty of time to develop yet. Although, it'd be interesting to see him have a go at the free kicks.

So what? Give him a shot nothing to lose. We already know whats coming with mc curry, 2 wonder scores several wides and will give the ball away in his own half resulting in a score at least once.

We won't know til he gets a shot, hes nearly 21 not like hes 17

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 30, 2017, 11:14:19 AM
Mattie Donnelly suspended for one game after his idiotic showing at the end of the Mayo game. Ronan McNamee also to miss out after he broke a bone in his hand.

With that in mind I'd go with the following team:

O'Neill
Hampsey
Justin McMahon
McCarran
McCann
McNabb
McGreary
Colm
McNulty (up against a high fielding Kerry midfield)
Meyler
Sludden
Harte
Bradley
Sean
McCurry 

No one really making a strong claim for our last FF spot so I'd go with McCurry again. Would have been interesting to see McAliskey this, really pity he is missing out. Finally, if we see Mark Bradley out round our 13 metre line taking short balls off the keeper then we may as well stay at home!

The worrying thing for us is that, not only aren't we scoring goals, but I can hardly remember any clear cut goal chances. I'm genuinely finding it hard to think of 4-5 chances when we should have scored goals. This in a season when the long ball in to FF line was designed with this in mind!!
Not feeling good about this game at all, I'd call it Kerry 2-09 Tyrone 0-12.

I'd look to mix it up anyway.

1. O'Neill
2. HP McGeary
3. Hampsey
4. Munroe
5. McNabb
6. Burns
7. McCann
8. C Cavanagh
9. McNulty
10. McGeary
11. Sludden
12. Harte
13. Bradley
14. S Cavanagh
15. L Brennan

southtyronegael

i hope to god lee brennan doesnt get anywhere near playin for tyrone this year. weve had enough good forwards ruined already.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Right lads, go get them! ;)

Tyrone team v Kerry Allianz Football League 2/4/17

Cluiche: Ciarraí v Tír Eoghain
Ionad: Cill Airne

1 – Mickey O'Neill – Cluain Eo
2 – Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
3 – Pádraig Hampsey – Oileán a'Ghuail
4 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mór
5 – Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair
6 – Ronan McNabb – An Droim Mhór
7 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
9 – Padraig McNulty – Dún Geanainn
10 – Conall McCann – Coill an Chlochair
11 – Niall Sludden – An Droim Mhór
12 – Kieran McGeary – Cabhán a'Chaortainn
13 – Mark Bradley – Coill an Chlochair
14 – Sean Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
15 – Darren McCurry – Éadan na dTorc

16 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc
17 – Lee Brennan – Trí Leac
18 – Rory Brennan – Trí Leac
19 – Frank Burns – Cabhán a'Chaortainn
20 – Declan McClure – Cluain Eo
21 – Hugh Pat McGeary – Cabhán a'Chaortainn
22 – Justin McMahon – An Omaigh
23 – Cathal McShane – E. R. Uí Néill
24 – Conor Meyler – An Omaigh
25 – David Mulgrew – Ard Bó
26 – Jonathan Monroe – An Charraig Mhór
27 – Ronan McHugh – Achadh Uí Aráin
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

Mickey can still surprise us with his team selections with Conal McCann getting a start and a big test for that full back line.
Are any of ye going down on the Sat night?

seanmc123

Best defence in all of the leagues, think our defence is alright, up front trying to put the ball over the bar is where we are struggling I'm afraid

Aaron Boone

Quote from: seanmc123 on March 30, 2017, 09:44:21 PM
Best defence in all of the leagues, think our defence is alright, up front trying to put the ball over the bar is where we are struggling I'm afraid
That's right, the tackling is now superb back in defence. Unfortunately Tyrone have forgone the same tactical intensity in attack, confidence has sapped out of the forwards who all thrive on early ball.

That week off when Healy Park was flooded would be so useful now, Tyrone's 4th weekend on the trot &  travelling to Killarney.

Dire Ear

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 30, 2017, 08:09:26 PM
i hope to god lee brennan doesnt get anywhere near playin for tyrone this year. weve had enough good forwards ruined already.
Wonder will young Bradley look as sharp this time next year as well

LeoMc

Quote from: redhandefender on March 30, 2017, 11:30:10 AM
time for lee brennan
We could carry him for the frees but Mark Harte was crucified when he was carried for the frees 10 years ago.

Fuzzman

The game has changed a lot since then LeoMc and it's not as if Lee is not capable of taking a score from play if he gets the chance. The game has changed a lot lately and I think a big part of the reason Dublin, Mayo and Kerry are at a level above us are because they are regularly scoring 5+ points a game from a good free taker.
I'd love to see stats on how many wides we've hit from frees in the last 3 years.
Of course it's a lot of pressure to put on a young lad but as someone said he's not 18/19 he's 21.

In hiding

Quote from: seanmc123 on March 30, 2017, 09:44:21 PM
What do you mean by the bit i have highlighted ?
Do you mean we have the best 6 defenders as a unit in the league or that we have the best defensive set up in the league ?