Ciarraí vs Tír Eoghain, Fitzgerald Stadium, Killarney, April 2nd @2pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 26, 2017, 10:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

A damned frustrating day in Healy Park today, with possession and chances enough to take both points but, for whatever reason, failing to capitalise with all going a begging (but mostly into the keeper's hands or wide). Hope all you Mayo hardies made it home safely ;)

Still, something of a chance to rescue the latter half of the NFL campaign with a performance in Kerry, however unlikely that might appear to be right now; Kerry not going particularly well, and neither are we last two days out, and never an easy place to go with any realistic expectations unless firing fully on all cylinders. We'll just have to give it one hell of a lash. :)

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Hereiam

Wouldn't really want the team as it is now to play the dubs in a league final. They will need the ulster championship/back door football before that.

johnpower

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 26, 2017, 10:15:35 PM
A damned frustrating day in Healy Park today, with possession and chances enough to take both points but, for whatever reason, failing to capitalise with all going a begging (but mostly into the keeper's hands or wide). Hope all you Mayo hardies made it home safely ;)

Still, something of a chance to rescue the latter half of the NFL campaign with a performance in Kerry, however unlikely that might appear to be right now; Kerry not going particularly well, and neither are we last two days out, and never an easy place to go with any realistic expectations unless firing fully on all cylinders. We'll just have to give it one hell of a lash. :)

Yes Fear both teams not going well compared to the dubs survival in division 1 would be ok and then time to championship. At this stage a league final versus the dubs is not a very attractive match up for either team

Fear ón Srath Bán

True John, I don't think either of the two would be too disappointed with failing to reach the NFL Final. More about putting in a decent end to the NFL campaign I suppose.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Never beat the deeler

Will be hoping for a Kerry win here, as it will make it more difficult for ourselves to get relegated
Hasta la victoria siempre

macdanger2

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on March 27, 2017, 07:33:51 AM
Will be hoping for a Kerry win here, as it will make it more difficult for ourselves to get relegated

Other way around I think deeler, a kerry loss would make it more difficult for us to go down

Fuzzman

After such a great start to the season it has been a very disappointing 8 days with defeats to Donegal and Mayo and our U21s knocked out.
Brings us back to reality with a bang as most of us were looking forward to a league final against the Dubs who we usually run close.

With Monaghan's last gasp penalty yesterday to salvage another draw it leaves the door slightly ajar for us to sneak in should results run the right way.
Cavan's surprise draw to Kerry yesterday would give us hope though we know nothing rouses the Kerry ones more than a red hand in their faces.

I for one would still rather be getting to a league final for the experience as a lot of these players need as much big game exposure as possible.

Jinxy

Looking forward to this veritable feast of pulling, dragging and sledging.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 27, 2017, 10:31:49 AM
After such a great start to the season it has been a very disappointing 8 days with defeats to Donegal and Mayo and our U21s knocked out.
Brings us back to reality with a bang as most of us were looking forward to a league final against the Dubs who we usually run close.

With Monaghan's last gasp penalty yesterday to salvage another draw it leaves the door slightly ajar for us to sneak in should results run the right way.
Cavan's surprise draw to Kerry yesterday would give us hope though we know nothing rouses the Kerry ones more than a red hand in their faces.

I for one would still rather be getting to a league final for the experience as a lot of these players need as much big game exposure as possible.
June 18th v Donegal (say) and Donegal seem to have benefited more from this league
Mickey will be busy
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 27, 2017, 08:47:52 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on March 27, 2017, 07:33:51 AM

Other way around I think deeler, a kerry loss would make it more difficult for us to go down

Sorry, wasn't paying attention  when I posted that. Of course, we want Kerry to lose so they would also be level with us should we lose, taking head to head out of the equation
Hasta la victoria siempre

omagh_gael

Mattie Donnelly suspended for one game after his idiotic showing at the end of the Mayo game. Ronan McNamee also to miss out after he broke a bone in his hand.

With that in mind I'd go with the following team:

O'Neill
Hampsey
Justin McMahon
McCarran
McCann
McNabb
McGreary
Colm
McNulty (up against a high fielding Kerry midfield)
Meyler
Sludden
Harte
Bradley
Sean
McCurry 

No one really making a strong claim for our last FF spot so I'd go with McCurry again. Would have been interesting to see McAliskey this, really pity he is missing out. Finally, if we see Mark Bradley out round our 13 metre line taking short balls off the keeper then we may as well stay at home!

The worrying thing for us is that, not only aren't we scoring goals, but I can hardly remember any clear cut goal chances. I'm genuinely finding it hard to think of 4-5 chances when we should have scored goals. This in a season when the long ball in to FF line was designed with this in mind!!
Not feeling good about this game at all, I'd call it Kerry 2-09 Tyrone 0-12.

macdanger2

Odd that donnelly gets a ban but yer man who hit COC doesn't, I would definitely have it the other way around

omagh_gael

Quote from: redhandefender on March 30, 2017, 11:30:10 AM
time for lee brennan

I was the same at the start if the year but, tbh, he didn't pull up any trees in both games against Donegal in u21s and I'm sure Mickey would have given him some game time earlier in the league if he was showing up well in training. He's plenty of time to develop yet. Although, it'd be interesting to see him have a go at the free kicks.