Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo, Healy Park, March 26th @3pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 19, 2017, 04:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayo.mick

Can't see us coming away from Omagh with 2 points, going on our recent performances  :(
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

bucko

Quote from: mayo.mick on March 20, 2017, 09:59:43 PM
Can't see us coming away from Omagh with 2 points, going on our recent performances  :(
Getting out with 1 point would be a massive result, however as you say given our form at the moment it's highly unlikely.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 20, 2017, 09:23:22 PM
Game is live on TG4. Mayo are getting plenty of live coverage this year anyway.

That's good news. The wan game I can t get to.
Mind you it wouldn t be a big loss if it wasn t shown. We're hard watchin this spring - a lot of the time anyway.
No way should Tyrone be losing this one. We're far too dysfunctional at the moment.

omagh_gael

Quote from: moysider on March 20, 2017, 10:36:55 PM

Mind you it wouldn t be a big loss if it wasn t shown. We're hard watchin this spring - a lot of the time anyway.
No way should Tyrone be losing this one. We're far too dysfunctional at the moment.

All those all Ireland final loses to Kerry have at least taught you how to play the cute hoors! ;)

moysider

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 20, 2017, 11:21:49 PM

All those all Ireland final loses to Kerry have at least taught you how to play the cute hoors! ;)

Yearrah, actually no. Cavan was really a comfortable win for them - as comfortable as a 2 point win can be.

clarshack

A lot of folk thought that last August as well and look what happened. Tyrone always struggle against Mayo no matter the competition.

Il Bomber Destro

Think we could with a bit of a shake up for this.

I'd give Donnelly another chance at FF.

1. Morgan
2. Hamspey
3. McNamee
4. McCarron
5. T McCann
6. Burns
7. Meyler
8. C Cavanagh
9. S Cavanagh
10. Sludden
11. C McCann
12. Harte
13. McCurry (O'Neill if McCurry injured)
14. M Donnelly
15. Bradley

Was McCurry injured last week?

Jinxy

Would it be true to say that Mayo are Tyrone's number 1 bogey team of the last 20 years?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Jinxy on March 21, 2017, 11:13:54 AM
Would it be true to say that Mayo are Tyrone's number 1 bogey team of the last 20 years?

This Mayo side is one I think we will struggle with, in particular their physicality and aerial power in the middle of the field. Styles make matches and I think Mayo and Donegal will be the ones that will pose the most problems for us.

In saying that, given where the two teams are now at this particular junction of the season then I'd expect a Tyrone victory. I'm also expecting a really testy game given the needs of both counties at the business end of the league and both wanting to state their summer credentials. There'll be plenty of needle in this one.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 21, 2017, 10:57:17 AM
Think we could with a bit of a shake up for this.

I'd give Donnelly another chance at FF.

1. Morgan
2. Hamspey
3. McNamee
4. McCarron
5. T McCann
6. Burns
7. Meyler
8. C Cavanagh
9. S Cavanagh
10. Sludden
11. C McCann
12. Harte
13. McCurry (O'Neill if McCurry injured)
14. M Donnelly
15. Bradley

Was McCurry injured last week?
Like a bit of a mix up myself. Id go with:
1. N Morgan (rotation)
2. P Hampsey
3. R McNammee
4. HP McGeary
5. T McCann
6. R Brennan
7. K McGeary
8. C Cavanagh
9. F Burns
10. M Donnelly
11. N Sludden
12. P Harte
13. M Bradley
14. S Cavanagh
15. C Meyler (roaming)

Crete Boom

They beat us more often than not in the league but they do seem to struggle against us in the summer.

Harte & Co should handle us easy enough on Sunday and I am sure they will score a couple of goals at a minimum whereas we could be there for a few weeks before we fashion a goal chance of any description!!

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Crete Boom on March 21, 2017, 11:54:31 AM

They beat us more often than not in the league but they do seem to struggle against us in the summer.

Harte & Co should handle us easy enough on Sunday and I am sure they will score a couple of goals at a minimum whereas we could be there for a few weeks before we fashion a goal chance of any description!!

Mayo have scored one goal (a penalty) in 5 NFL games and Tyrone the same 1 goal from 5 games. Don't be surprised if this game is all points and no goals.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 21, 2017, 01:02:56 PM

Mayo have scored one goal (a penalty) in 5 NFL games and Tyrone the same 1 goal from 5 games. Don't be surprised if this game is all points and no goals.

If I had to bet I'd say that Mayo won't score a goal and that Tyrone will. Mayo hadn't a clue how to deal with the Cavan defence or the Monaghan defence when they played them, especially as regards creating goal chances- I don't remember Beggan or Galligan even having to make a save, certainly neither of them were put under much in the way of pressure ; I'd expect Tyrone and Donegal to be aiming to keep Mayo goalless when they play them as well.  By comparison Mayo have given up an absolute truckload of goal chances and only for Clarke making a ton of saves could be a lot worse off (Clarke picked up 2 if not 3 MOTM awards already in the league which is a very bad sign imo) The only hope is that Mayo go back to the sweeper system and I don't rate the odds of that happening as being that high, but it's tough to know.

Mayo have scored 1-68 so far versus Tyrone's 1-64. However Mayo have conceded 4-65 (77) to Tyrone's 2-50 (56) which is a fair difference over 5 games, especially when you take into the account the number of saves Clarke has had to make as opposed to Morgan and O'Neill have had to make.

macdanger2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 21, 2017, 01:02:56 PM

Did we not get a goal against monaghan in the first half? Freeman or Regan?

Edit: turns out we didn't. Must have been thinking of the fermanagh game last summer

Fuzzman

I wonder will Mickey make many changes tonight for the game?
I presume Lee Brennan and Mulgrew will come back into the squad.

We gotta win this one now if we have any chance of making the league final as it will be a tough game in Killarney.
The Mayo lads are talking like they're not that fussed about the league all year but as Mickey said they are very hard to judge from game to game.
It would be nice to finally get our favourite three on the 40