NFL Division 3 2017

Started by Shamrock Shore, January 30, 2017, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Still not sure if i'm going to the game or not...i'll decide on Sat nite. What is travel time roughly? would 2 1/2 hours do it?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Horse Box

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 01, 2017, 09:01:34 AM
Two from tipp Armagh and Sligo to go up. As long as Armagh are one of them I don't mind who the other is. I'm for Sligo on Sunday. Hopefully better than our last trip there

Two from Tipp , Armagh and Laois for me , Laois going well in pre season from what I hear . Laois have Armagh and Tipp in the Second and third rounds .

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Owenmoresider on January 31, 2017, 07:20:57 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 31, 2017, 10:27:51 AM
Quote from: laoislad on January 31, 2017, 10:03:47 AM
When is the last time Laois played Sligo seanie? Must be a good few years?

You have me there but I've a notion we played each other in Portlaoise not that long ago. I seem to remember something about missed or scored penalties.... Owenmoresider of Sligonian will be able to clarify no doubt. I used to be on the ball with these things but the memory is shot this weather. Getting auld!
We'd been relegated from D1 in 2005 so I assumed it must be back then but turns out we met in our brief return to the somewhat upper echelons of D2 in 2011, Laois won in Markievicz by three.
Laois really impressed me that day, ive been to Portlaoise a few times aswell, never much in it, Armagh hot favs on Sunday but they have been very inconsistent last few years, will this match be streamed on any Armagh gaa website?

I see all Laois's home games are on Eirgrid, pity we have them at home this year, don't think ill make it home for any league games this year,

I think the not having Cadden or Kelly are huge losses and we need Hughes back fit, team selections will be interesting, if we stay up ill be happy, we have a tough start at home to Armagh and then away to Tipp, last year we were grossly inconsistent, beating Kildare in Newbridge in an extroadinary game kept us up

Good luck to our lads anyway
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

illdecide

If Armagh can win their first two matches then they'll only get stronger filtering senior players back into the team and i'd fancy them for promotion but one thing i've learned over the years is to expect the unexpected from Armagh.
Armagh have 4 home fixtures which you'd think is a big help but our record at AG is quite poor TBh and we play better away from home...We def owe that Laois dort a hiding as they've had our measure this last few years so hopefully we can turn them over ;)

laoislad

Quote from: illdecide on February 01, 2017, 02:26:01 PM
If Armagh can win their first two matches then they'll only get stronger filtering senior players back into the team and i'd fancy them for promotion but one thing i've learned over the years is to expect the unexpected from Armagh.
Armagh have 4 home fixtures which you'd think is a big help but our record at AG is quite poor TBh and we play better away from home...We def owe that Laois dort a hiding as they've had our measure this last few years so hopefully we can turn them over ;)
Sure if we beat you we will give you another chance the following week if you want....!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on February 01, 2017, 03:28:01 PM
Sure if we beat you we will give you another chance the following week if you want....!

Laois folk still can't count then?

laoislad

Quote from: BennyCake on February 01, 2017, 05:32:30 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 01, 2017, 03:28:01 PM

Laois folk still can't count then?
We can count to 3 anyway...Which is the amount of times we beat Armagh last year...  ;D

bannside

Bannside from Antrim joining this thread.

See we are 1/3 to get relegated so I'm not going to stick my neck out too far. We have had a horrendous Mc Kenna Cup but I was going through our likely starting team and still expect us to have a good rattle at the weekend and a draw wouldn't surprise me at all.

Horse Box

Quote from: bannside on February 01, 2017, 07:35:17 PM
Bannside from Antrim joining this thread.

See we are 1/3 to get relegated so I'm not going to stick my neck out too far. We have had a horrendous Mc Kenna Cup but I was going through our likely starting team and still expect us to have a good rattle at the weekend and a draw wouldn't surprise me at all.

Antrim 9/2 on Sunday to win ! Tipp haven`t had a good pre season either . Tipp were very lucky to get a draw last year in the first League game in Kilmallock v Limerick , hopefully not as slow to get of the mark this year . Thought we were in for a disaster of a year after watching that game   ;D  .

illdecide

If Armagh can just beat them Laois hoors that will make me happy...which i believe they will. Like you say Laoislad we can always try again the following week if the result goes against us ;)

Unlaoised

Laois have been going well in preseason but are missing anything up to 13 players for the game against Louth at least 7 starters ...Including full back 2 first choice midfielders centre forward and full forward ..

Louth have a great chance Saturday.

Laois will get stronger by the end of the league by looking at the injuries that they have for the next 6 weeks the first 3 games are going to be a struggle!
LAOIS ABÚ

Horse Box

Half Time - Louth 1-8 Laois 0-6 !

laoislad

Louth running away with it now. They've been by far the better team.

Shamrock Shore

Are Louth that good or are Laois that bad?

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Laois missing a lot of players and have Armagh and Tipp next. They could face an uphill struggle to stay up if they fail to pick up any momentum for the later rounds.