NFL Division 3 2017

Started by Shamrock Shore, January 30, 2017, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

In keeping with other threads just opened.

Outright winners

Tipperary          2/1
Armagh            9/4
Laois                11/4
Offaly               10/1
Longford           14/1
Sligo                 16/1
Louth                16/1
Antrim               25/1

For Promotion

Tipperary            4/6
Armagh             8/11
Laois               evens
Offaly                4/1
Longford          11/2
Sligo                6/1
Louth              13/2
Antrim            15/2

For Relegation

Antrim            1/3
Louth           11/8
Sligo             2/1
Longford        9/4
Offaly          11/4
Laois             6/1
Tipperary     10/1
Armagh       10/1

My money would (heart aside) be on Armagh and Laois to be promoted with Laois the winners
Antrim and Sligo for the basement.

My predictions for this weekend

Laois v Louth                   home win
Longford v Offaly             draw.
Sligo v Armagh                away win
Tipp v Antrim                   home win

Let the games commence

laoislad

Laois v Louth                   Laois
Longford v Offaly             Longford
Sligo v Armagh                Sligo
Tipp v Antrim                   Tipp.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Laois and Tipp to be promoted.
Offaly and Armagh to be relegated.

Horse Box

Was at both Tipp McGrath Cup games and wasn`t impressed . Lacked fitness and sharpness . Very surprised to see them as favorites . That said they were missing many of last years players and tried out some new lads , however was shocked at how unfit they were compared to Cork and Kerry !

tippabu

Quote from: Horse Box on January 30, 2017, 07:46:30 PM
Was at both Tipp McGrath Cup games and wasn`t impressed . Lacked fitness and sharpness . Very surprised to see them as favorites . That said they were missing many of last years players and tried out some new lads , however was shocked at how unfit they were compared to Cork and Kerry !

I couldnt believe that following them two games armagh who were joint favourites drifted while we stayed the same. We have been lucky with the fixtures, two home games against two precieved weaker teams. If we can get two wins we'll be right in there. Kearns has been saying how league isnt a priority and as you say we were miles off in the mcgrath cup games. People are saying antrim arent in a good place, i think they are a brilliant value bet next weekend at 9/2, we have started the last few league campaigns poorly and are missing a few due to injuries, suspension and just not wanting to overwork a couple who have been dealing with injuries the last few years and are being given a break, Couple of the players only joined back up with the panel mid january too as they were on holiday so they havent had long to get up to pace. Hopefully we do have enough class to pull through till we reach the level we need to be at. I expect one of longford or offaly to be challenging for promotion too along with oursleves (hopefully), laois and armagh

imtommygunn

Sadly I don't think antrim are going well at all tippabu:-(

Horse Box

Quote from: tippabu on January 30, 2017, 09:04:50 PM

I couldnt believe that following them two games armagh who were joint favourites drifted while we stayed the same. We have been lucky with the fixtures, two home games against two precieved weaker teams. If we can get two wins we'll be right in there. Kearns has been saying how league isnt a priority and as you say we were miles off in the mcgrath cup games. People are saying antrim arent in a good place, i think they are a brilliant value bet next weekend at 9/2, we have started the last few league campaigns poorly and are missing a few due to injuries, suspension and just not wanting to overwork a couple who have been dealing with injuries the last few years and are being given a break, Couple of the players only joined back up with the panel mid january too as they were on holiday so they havent had long to get up to pace. Hopefully we do have enough class to pull through till we reach the level we need to be at. I expect one of longford or offaly to be challenging for promotion too along with oursleves (hopefully), laois and armagh

The players who looked good in those games were Foxy and Kiely , 2 regulars and Liam McGrath v Cork , disappointed with the lack of hunger from the new lads bar Liam Boland . Badger wasn`t too bad but missing the sharpness . Armagh and Laois meet in the second round so we could be in a strong position come the Laois game !

AZOffaly

That's worrying, and a very 'Kerry' thing to say. For the long term sustainability of Tipp football, you need to be operating in the higher echelons, and holding your own. No point stagnating in Division 3, or worse being relegated back to Division 4. I hope Kearns doesn't really think that.

Horse Box

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 30, 2017, 09:54:25 PM

That's worrying, and a very 'Kerry' thing to say. For the long term sustainability of Tipp football, you need to be operating in the higher echelons, and holding your own. No point stagnating in Division 3, or worse being relegated back to Division 4. I hope Kearns doesn't really think that.

Correct and right , we need Division 2 and higher if we are serious about becoming a Football force .

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on January 30, 2017, 07:20:41 PM

Don't be going to matches without your abacus.

magpie seanie

We have only 3 home games and it's a tight division so survival would be an acceptable result. I've a hunch we might be slightly better than last year but Sunday will tell a tale. Would be great to pick up points from that one but we'd be underdogs I guess.

laoislad

When is the last time Laois played Sligo seanie? Must be a good few years?

laoislad

Quote from: BennyCake on January 30, 2017, 11:57:09 PM

Sshh now or I'll send Billy Sheehan up to ye to wind you all up again....

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: laoislad on January 31, 2017, 10:04:32 AM

He's a Dub now, you'll have to send one of your own.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

PW Nally

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 31, 2017, 10:06:51 AM
Quote from: laoislad on January 31, 2017, 10:04:32 AM

He's a Dub now, you'll have to send one of your own.
Did he ever live in Laois?