Muineachán v Áth Cliath, Páirc Thiarnaigh Naofa, 5ú Aibrean @ 1500

Started by GrandMasterFlash, March 31, 2015, 10:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Sidney on April 05, 2015, 04:58:34 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 05, 2015, 04:51:59 PM
Same again next week in the semis
Just what we need. Another facile tanking of a team who clearly can't handle Dublin.

Short odds on a Dublin-Cork final now.
I would agree with the short odds on Dublin but the Cork Donegal game is very open.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Main Street

It sounded as if there were a fair few Dub supporters who travelled to Clones.
I could hear the boos in the commentary background, I just presume they were Dubs.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Main Street on April 05, 2015, 05:14:32 PM
It sounded as if there were a fair few Dub supporters who travelled to Clones.
I could hear the boos in the commentary background, I just presume they were Dubs.
god bless your hearing, I couldt hear much over the moaning droan from the commentators

Main Street

Northern Sound?  That wasn't a drone commentary, that's saved  for the Cavan games, Cavan folk love their drones. Monaghan commentaries are somewhere between helium gas excitement and a high pitch whine.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Main Street on April 05, 2015, 05:32:38 PM
Northern Sound?  That wasn't a drone commentary, that's saved  for the Cavan games, Cavan folk love their drones. Monaghan commentaries are somewhere between helium gas excitement and a high pitch whine.
;D ;D

BluestackBoy

Monaghan looking at two tankings from Dublin two weeks in a row if they don't shape up.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Main Street on April 05, 2015, 06:45:56 PM
Quote from: BluestackBoy on April 05, 2015, 06:12:37 PM
Monaghan looking at two tankings from Dublin two weeks in a row if they don't shape up.
But, we'll always have Portugal.

And we do shape up for what it's worth, for 'tis nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune and not hide like cowards in a swarm, afraid to come out and play :)

Haha main street, We tried that nobler crack for years getting walloping after walloping playing "open attractive" football.
Believe me the charm wears thin after a while :'( :'( :'(

Main Street

Quote from: BluestackBoy on April 05, 2015, 06:53:39 PM

And we do shape up for what it's worth, for 'tis nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune and not hide like cowards in a swarm, afraid to come out and play :)

Haha main street, We tried that nobler crack for years getting walloping after walloping playing "open attractive" football.
I didn't allude that Monaghan play attractive open football at all, just that we're not cowards, we'll not hide into a state of drone robotic attrition and will face up to whatever happens in a week.
And who knows, maybe the Dubs will just blow all their fuses at once, a spontaneous combustion, a repeat of last years AI sf  :)

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Main Street on April 05, 2015, 07:10:08 PM

I didn't allude that Monaghan play attractive open football at all, just that we're not cowards, we'll not hide into a state of drone robotic attrition and will face up to whatever happens in a week.
And who knows, maybe the Dubs will just blow all their fuses at once, a spontaneous combustion, a repeat of last years AI sf  :)

You'll need to expand a bit on the "cowards" part of your post. Donegal have been accused of just about every sin in the footballing lexicon but cowardice is a new one on me.

Main Street

Quote from: BluestackBoy on April 05, 2015, 07:13:23 PM

You'll need to expand a bit on the "cowards" part of your post. Donegal have been accused of just about every sin in the footballing lexicon but cowardice is a new one on me.
I was accusing Donegal of being cowards? how come you took that interpretation??  :)

I said we would not be cowardly and hide behind attritional tactics to improve our chances.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Main Street on April 05, 2015, 07:25:28 PM
Quote from: BluestackBoy on April 05, 2015, 07:13:23 PM

I was accusing Donegal of being cowards? how come you took that interpretation??  :)

I said we would not be cowardly and hide behind attritional tactics to improve our chances.
No harm, I obviously took it up wrong.
A sensitive Donegal man, whatever next. ::) ::) ::)

twohands!!!

Wonder will any other basketball coaches be getting any calls during the week given Dublin's 1-17 from play?

twohands!!!

2 very decent saves by Beggan.

And as I type a poor one conceded by Dublin with Cluxton coming off second best under a high ball.

twohands!!!

O'Rourke must be absolutely delighted about the trip to Dublin next week.

The win over Kerry must seem like a long distant memory for the Monaghan lads now.

twohands!!!

Looked like the workrate of Dublin around the middle of the field and in Monaghan's half was light years ahead of the Derry game, when Dublin's midfield and forwards let Derry stroll out of defence without laying a hand on them.