Railway Cup 2014

Started by BennyCake, February 06, 2014, 08:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

What's the story regarding the football semi finals? Have no squads been announced yet?

Syferus

Dermot still has the latest Connacht railway medal. Obviously we can't get on like other provinces do, too many real men.

ck

It should be moved back to Paddys Day/weekend along with the club finals and every school in Ireland should get free tickets.

Rossfan

I wonder what percentage of GAA fans know this tourney is on next weekend?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Munster football team will be a right mess anyway I'd say. Tipp, Limerick, Clare and the Blahs are refusing to play over the seeding system for the Munster c/ship. Kerry and Cork are unlikely to allow most of their players to play so could be a young/novice look to the squad. Would hope a few experienced players make themselves available, but to be honest I wouldn't expect anything other than a defeat if Connacht put out a decent side.
Its a pity as the likes of John Galvin, Stephen Lavin, Johnny McCarthy, Ian Ryan of Limerick; Gary Brennan and David Tubridy of Clare; The O'Gormans and Gary Hurney of Waterford and many Tipp players such as Declan Browne and many more have given tremendous performances in the Blue of Munster.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

orangeman

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on February 08, 2014, 05:10:35 AM
Munster football team will be a right mess anyway I'd say. Tipp, Limerick, Clare and the Blahs are refusing to play over the seeding system for the Munster c/ship. Kerry and Cork are unlikely to allow most of their players to play so could be a young/novice look to the squad. Would hope a few experienced players make themselves available, but to be honest I wouldn't expect anything other than a defeat if Connacht put out a decent side.
Its a pity as the likes of John Galvin, Stephen Lavin, Johnny McCarthy, Ian Ryan of Limerick; Gary Brennan and David Tubridy of Clare; The O'Gormans and Gary Hurney of Waterford and many Tipp players such as Declan Browne and many more have given tremendous performances in the Blue of Munster.

Last hurrah for Paul Galvin ?

Will there be more than 139 at the final ?

From the Bunker

Could be a great competition if ran correctly! But with clubs on the go with League, County, provincial and AI Club competitions, with Sigerson, with under-21 championship and Hastings Cup, With McKenna, FBD, McGrath and O'Byrne, With intermediate League and Championship (coupled with back door) and With the Totally waste of time Compromise Rules. Where do you get the time to attract the (real) best players.

Always thought there should be a weekend where the competition was run off on a blitz type situation. In a floodlight venue. Culminating in the presentation of the All Star awards on the evening of the final. Have it a free for all. With it being rotated around the provinces as hosts.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on February 08, 2014, 05:10:35 AM

The pity is that the Munster SFC is seeded when 4 of the 6 counties apparently don't want it.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

macdanger2

I don't understand how that works, surely all six counties have equal representation on the Munster council or equal votes when it comes to electing to the council??

magpie seanie

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 10, 2014, 08:47:15 PM
I don't understand how that works, surely all six counties have equal representation on the Munster council or equal votes when it comes to electing to the council??

Munster Council needs money. Kerry v. Cork in July is better than Kerry v Cork in May or June (or if you've a "disaster" - not at all). That's how it works.

rodney trotter

Railway Cup Semi's :Leinster v Ulster Sunday Feb 16th Navan 2pm referee Eamon O Grady Leitrim
Munster V Connacht : Tuam Stadium 2pm Sunday Referee .Cathal o Hagan Tyrone.

Both games sold out.

Rossfan

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 10, 2014, 08:47:15 PM
I wonder do they use the Connacht Council system  ::)
( To avoid the GAABoard being subject to any legal proceedings I'll say no more)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Apart from Andy Moran i hope very few Rossies are selected. Murtagh,Cregg were injured on Sunday & the last thing we want is more players returning back injured from this competition. Whoever is the Connacht manager i would encourage him to select 11 from Mayo 1 each from Galway,Sligo and 2 from the FBD winners Leitrim and maybe a few subs from London..
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on February 11, 2014, 07:39:39 PM
Apart from Andy Moran i hope very few Rossies are selected. Murtagh,Cregg were injured on Sunday & the last thing we want is more players returning back injured from this competition. Whoever is the Connacht manager i would encourage him to select 11 from Mayo 1 each from Galway,Sligo and 2 from the FBD winners Leitrim and maybe a few subs from London..

Cregger is like the gaelic version of BOD, fella doesn't stop even when he's injured. If he's half fit he'll probably grin and bare it.

Seanie will make the team as usual and with Donie lording the air last Sunday he'll probably get a call. Senan hardly has had a chance to play for Connacht with Brigids' runs so he'd probably accept the invite.