Other
11 (8.8%)
Armagh
1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Voting closed: May 26, 2013, 04:02:00 PM

Frank Casey

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 22, 2013, 09:00:54 PM
Very unfair this 6 day turnaround for Donegal. They get to a Provincial Final and lose and are punished with six days to recover. Laois lose in the preliminary round of Leinster. Beat Carlow, Clare, and Wexford and get an extra day to sort themselves out for the game. Meanwhile Cork and Meath get the proper 13 days one should get.

If we are sticking with the present system of qualifiers then we must condense the provincial championships by a week or two if we are to remove this disadvantage.

What about a super weekend with the 4 provincial football finals all on together, Saturday 5.00 & 7.00 and Sunday 2.00 & 4.00. Finish them all the first/second weekend in July.

Being very parochial, Killarney on a Saturday evening mmmmmmmmmm. We could probably get it sponsored.......
KERRY 3:7

From the Bunker

So who have we left.....

Mayo - Hammering all around them in Connacht and with a revolving door of injuries. Too many injuries. No AI.
Dublin - Hammering all around them in Leinster, feck all injuries and allot of new faces. Have to be favourites.
Kerry - Dads Army. On paper a serious outfit. But on the pitch for 70 minutes?
Monaghan - What are ye doing here? Have done their bit. AI semi at best.
Cork - Have been slowly dying since 2010. No AI.
Donegal - Loads of injuries. An extra games to the QF. And will have to meet a Provincial Winner. No AI.
Tyrone - Can't see them winning an AI. But can see them put a spanner in the works of one of the pretenders.
Meath - Played one half v Dublin. Confused with never say die of old teams. No AI.
Cavan - a great run, a great year and a possible upset in a AI QF.
Galway - Have turned a disaster of a Championship into what may be a decent run. QF a long shot.
Laois - Have floated into this position. And will float out.
London - Preparing for damage limitation against Cavan.

Rossfan

Very unfair this 6 day turnaround for Donegal. They get to a Provincial Final and lose and are punished with six days to recover. Laois lose in the preliminary round of Leinster. Beat Carlow, Clare, and Wexford and get an extra day to sort themselves out for the game. Meanwhile Cork and Meath get the proper 13 days one should get.
The County delegates to the Connacht and Ulster Councils knew the dates of the Round 4 Quals before they made their fixtures.
That was the time to ensure their finals weren't fixed for 21 July. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

squire_in_navy_slacks

Mayo for me........................If I were to pick either Mayo or Donegal in a final, it would be Donegal ..........................Mayo are serious contenders

J70

Quote from: Rossfan on July 23, 2013, 05:58:19 PM
The County delegates to the Connacht and Ulster Councils knew the dates of the Round 4 Quals before they made their fixtures.
That was the time to ensure their finals weren't fixed for 21 July. ;)

Indeed. And its not like this hasn't happened other years and will come as a shock to those two councils!

heffo

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 23, 2013, 07:05:01 PM
Mayo for me........................If I were to pick either Mayo or Donegal in a final, it would be Donegal ..........................Mayo are serious contenders

Definitely. Dubs have already shot their load after struggling through Leinster.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: heffo on July 23, 2013, 08:54:35 PM

Definitely. Dubs have already shot their load after struggling through Leinster.

Ye're gas the pair of ye.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 23, 2013, 08:56:45 PM
Quote from: heffo on July 23, 2013, 08:54:35 PM

Ye're gas the pair of ye.

Honest answer ...................Mayo seem to love playing us ala 2006 and 2012, they are the team Im hoping to avoid