Tyrone v Kerry - Omagh - 7th April

Started by ONeill, March 15, 2013, 09:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Tyrone - top of the table.
Kerry - fighting to keep division one status.

All taking place in Omagh.

Kerry by 7pts and two handbags.
Testing Accessibility

From the Bunker

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 24, 2013, 10:07:17 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 24, 2013, 09:37:12 PM
They have not gone away you know!

Kerry that is! All the old guns are back at the right time. And believe me there would have been no favours today from their neighbours Cork today who they beat handy enough. Tyrone have nothing to play for, so i would not be surprised if this turned out to be a win for the Kingdom. Tyrone might use it as a game to rest players, try out players and prepare for the League and more importantly Donegal in May. Tyrone are well in Credit in regards the old scores, and last years defeat in the Championship to Kerry, was only a small dent compared to the pain that Kerry have received in return.

Kerry to win!

Ye don't know Mickey Harte too well do you From the Bunker or are ye just hoping to stir up some shit?
I'd say Tyrone will want to finish top of the table

Oh don't get me wrong, Harte will want to win. I just feel he won't care as much about finishing top of the Division and about beating Kerry. There is bigger fish to fry in the League and even Bigger fish come the summer.

rrhf

Reading the text so far it's Amazing how everyone wants to support Tyrone here, where were these fcukers when we were getting slUghtered for mcmenamen gormley and cavanagh diving.  Out of badness I think we let Kerry stay up. Fcuk it what could be sadder than a Tyrone team not giving a shit.

leaveherinsir

Quote from: rrhf on March 24, 2013, 10:48:38 PM
Reading the text so far it's Amazing how everyone wants to support Tyrone here, where were these fcukers when we were getting slUghtered for mcmenamen gormley and cavanagh diving.  Out of badness I think we let Kerry stay up. Fcuk it what could be sadder than a Tyrone team not giving a shit.
Its ok us Derry men still hate ye ;)
Kerry to win both the football and fighting  :)

Fuzzman

I see Kerry are heading away for a week's training camp this week.
They'll be well up for the battle in 2 weeks time I'd say.
Thy Kingdom come!

ONeill

Tara teams have to go on training camps before a trip to Omagh.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 24, 2013, 11:44:07 PM
I see Kerry are heading away for a week's training camp this week.
They'll be well up for the battle in 2 weeks time I'd say.
Thy Kingdom come!

Let the echoes of Killarney '12 reverberate incessantly about our lads' brains! :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on March 24, 2013, 11:47:28 PM
Tara teams have to go on training camps before a trip to Omagh.

Usually you have to spend a week in quarantine after visiting Omagh!

orangeman

This game should be used by the GAA to pilot the black card scheme.

rrhf

Id say we need to keep our powder dry for a league semi final.  Kerry by a pint and a half. 

nrico2006

Quote from: orangeman on March 25, 2013, 08:45:53 AM
This game should be used by the GAA to pilot the black card scheme.

The Cork and Kerry game yesterday would have been a perfect game for it.  Surprised there weren't a few red cards shown yesterday though, a fella punched Galvin on the back of the head and stayed on the pitch.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

sans pessimism

"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Fuzzman

Here is a good shot of him with Noel O'Leary yesterday

Not to be confused with this one
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/157070_156765907820900_712580207_n.jpg

On paper Kerry still have got quite a potentially lethal forward line with Gooch, Donaghy, the two O'Sullivans & of course ex player of the year Galvin.
It sounds like young Griffin did well at full back and Buckley played well at MF.

When was the last time Kerry were in Div 2? I can't see Tyrone taking the foot off the gas for this one as its great psychological progress Mickey has made this year, having had some tough away wins and defeat to Kerry at this stage wouldn't be helpful I'd say.

God14

Tyrone will definitely go at this one full tilt.. cant believe some would even question that? Really looking forward to this game. Kerry are finding a bit of form again with their old guard returning. Tyrone will want to address the failings of the qualifier game last July.

I wonder what impact the portugal break will make for Kerry? Will it bring them on immediately - or could the heavy training & travel from portugal over easter - coupled with the long journey to Omagh 4 days later be a bit much in such a short space of time? I think it could.

Even though there is nothing at stake for Tyrone, there will definitely be a championship flavour in Omagh come the 7th April. Tie of the round.

Redhand Santa

Tyrone will 100% go out to win this. However, I wouldn't be sad if Harte decided to mix it up and give boys a run out as the outcome will have no serious outcome on the semi final. I'd go with something like this:
McConnell
McCarron
Justy
Gormley
Clarke
McNamee
McBride
Joe
S Cavanagh
C Cavanagh
Harte
Lafferty