Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Am I missing something here? Is that interview anything to do with Brolly, other than he was mentioned in it?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 03, 2017, 09:55:37 AM
Am I missing something here? Is that interview anything to do with Brolly, other than he was mentioned in it?

Same as. Don't get it Benny??

Main Street

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 03, 2017, 09:55:37 AM
I think that was Benny's point, Joe was mentioned in an article which had nothing to do with him. Everywhere Gooch goes, he has to deal with being asked how he feels about Brolly's comments as if they had such import.  Joe's being talked about ---- everywhere.

ck

Benny is spot on. Brolly comments controversially on topical items so then he becomes the story. He is a skilled barrister so can make an argument out of anything which gives him credibility, even though he may not actually know what he is talking about. A small minority of people are on to him, the majority of people see him as some sort of GAA celebrity expert and boy does Brolly know how to appeal to the masses.

Rossfan

Why don't we all ignore him?
Lock this thread for a start.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Stallion

Lol at "on to him". Wise up.

BennyCake

Brolly's columns are all about him. I was invited to this GAA dinner... I was chatting to the President... I was having a pint with the Dublin team... I went to see Mayo train (the only person allowed in)... It took me 3 hours getting out of Croke Park because so many people wanted selfies with me... He's an attention-seeking dick.

Walter Cronc

Lads who gives a f**k. Seriously! Have you's nothing better to be at.

Brolly is an eejit but does plenty good too.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 04, 2017, 11:43:10 AM

I love the irony of someone giving enough of a f**k  to tell people that they shouldn't give a f**k. Have you nothing better to be at Walter?
That was never a square ball!!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 04, 2017, 01:09:12 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 04, 2017, 11:43:10 AM

I love the irony of someone giving enough of a f**k  to tell people that they shouldn't give a f**k. Have you nothing better to be at Walter?

Quiet day on site Benny. Away off on another free period there.

Owen Brannigan

I think you might be able to work out why Colm Cooper has become a great fella after you read this:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/colm-cooper-joins-the-sunday-game-as-a-pundit-35682974.html

The Stallion

He hasn't suddenly become a great fella. Brolly has been consistently praising Cooper's ability while also claiming he's not a big game player for years.

I disagree with his assessment but that's besides the point.

ONeill

The transplant surgeon Dave Hickey told me he'd watched it from a packed bar in Kerry and when I finished there was a spontaneous ovation

Dear o dear.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.