Bradley stars as 2005 All Stars win out

Started by ziggysego, January 27, 2007, 09:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Saturday, January 27

VODAFONE ALL STARS EXHIBITION MATCH:

'05 All Stars 4-13 '06 All Stars 3-10 [/b]

The 2005 All Star selection team proved to be best in the Vodafone All Star tour to Dubai on Saturday, beating the 2006 selection by six points, 4-13 to 3-10.

Unlike some other All Star tour games, this was a highly competitive game at the Polo Club, and at half time the sides were level 1-7 to 1-7.

Derry's Paddy Bradley proved to be the most dangerous attacker for the 2005 side, scoring their first-half goal before ending the game with a personal tally of 2-5.

Seamus Moynihan netted for the 2006 team to keep the teams in touch, but the second half saw the eventual winners surge ahead.

Bradley got his second goal but Tyrone's Sean Cavanagh got two of his own to leave the 2006 selection chasing the game.

Still, there were several impressive personal performances, with Mayo's Alan Dillon and Cork's Nicholas Murphy outstanding.

Dublin's Alan Brogan and Cork's James Masters accounted for the 2006 team's two other goals, but they were not enough to swing the game back in their favour.

2005 All Stars Squad:

Paul Hearty (Armagh), Ryan McMenamin (Tyrone), Michael McCarthy (Kerry), Andy Mallon (Armagh), Graham Canty (Cork), Conor Gormley (Tyrone), Aaron Kernan (Armagh), Paul McGrane (Armagh), Sean Cavanagh (Tyrone), Brian Dooher (Tyrone), Peter Canavan (Tyrone), Owen Mulligan (Tyrone), Paddy Bradley (Derry), Stephen O'Neill (Tyrone), Steven McDonnell (Armagh).

2006 All Stars Squad:

Alan Quirke (Cork), Barry Owens (Fermanagh), Karl Lacey (Donegal), Seamus Moynihan (Kerry), Ger Spillane (Cork), Aidan O'Mahony (Kerry), Shane Ryan (Dublin), Nicholas Murphy (Cork), Sean O'Sullivan (Kerry), Alan Brogan (Dublin), Alan Dillon (Mayo), Conor Mortimer (Mayo), James Masters (Cork), Ross Munnelly (Laois), Brian Kavanagh (Longford).

Sourced GAA.ie: http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=17356
Testing Accessibility

thebuzz

I thought I saw Brian Dooher training with another couple of lads at the Mid Ulster Sports Arena this morning. I must have been imagining it if he was in Dubai.

becks

i thought dooher was in cookstown aswell yesturday.  From where i was standing it looked like him john devine and maby conor gormley couldnt really see who it was. 
PG1 ultras, ride or die

Hound

Quote from: Take Your Points on January 27, 2007, 10:55:49 PM
That's some team for 2005!  There wouldn't be many who would have been able to beat them, exhibition or not!

Paul Hearty (Armagh),
Ryan McMenamin (Tyrone), Michael McCarthy (Kerry), Andy Mallon (Armagh),
Graham Canty (Cork), Conor Gormley (Tyrone), Aaron Kernan (Armagh),
Paul McGrane (Armagh), Sean Cavanagh (Tyrone),
Brian Dooher (Tyrone), Peter Canavan (Tyrone), Owen Mulligan (Tyrone),
Paddy Bradley (Derry), Stephen O'Neill (Tyrone), Steven McDonnell (Armagh)
Not a wholly accurate report...

Lally (Dublin) replaced Canty in the starting line-up
Kavanagh (Longford) replaced Dooher

Slattery of Offaly replaced Kavanagh in the starting line-up of the other team.