List of GAA clubs

Started by blast05, January 17, 2007, 06:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Mon

QuoteThere's 33/34 Football clubs in Monaghan, I dont know how many of the hurling clubs, or ladies clubs are seperate from the football clubs. Its something of a grey area

Fox there are only 30 football clubs in Monaghan 10 Senior, 10 Intermediate, 9 Junior + Fergal O'Hanlons.

Hardy

Quote from: Square Ball on January 19, 2007, 11:46:02 AM
Taken from a link on the GAA.IE, surley to God theres more that 61?

Wiki has this list

Oops. I put that list there yesterday (it had 26 before), but in a screw-up of Fearonesque proportions, it seems I pasted the list twice - two copies of every club. I've fixed it now.

Mid Mon

I just put alist of all the mens football clubs in Monaghan on wiki, hope it helps

Farrandeelin

I've just added some more Mayo clubs to the list.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cactus

I just added the Wexford clubs to Wikipedia.

I don't know where you got 187 clubs in Wexford as there is only 45 clubs. Are they getting 187 from counting camoige and ladies football as seperate from the mens hurling and football club, thereby creating 3 clubs out of one? That would probably explain it, but its a bit stupid to look at it thta way as its giving a false vieww of the amount of GAA clubs in Wexford, like camoige and ladies football are part of the GAA Club, they're not seperate, they go under the same names as the mens hurling and football teams so why should they be considered different clubs? Does the 187 clubs also include Handball and Rounders clubs?

Canalman

No way do Dublin have 220 GAA clubs. There are approx 85 GAA clubs in Dublin.

Fionntamhnach

In Tyrone there are 50 football clubs - 44 fielding adult & youth teams, 4 fielding adult teams only and 2 youth team combinations from those 4 adult clubs. There are at least 8 hurling only clubs, 3 fielding at youth level only, at least 3 handball clubs and one rounders club that goes on/off, so I make that 62 in total.

In Fermanagh there's 20 football clubs all fielding at adult and youth, hurling is disputed, I dunno if Lisnaskea's hurling is separated from their football club, I think so as they seem to send a separate rep to county meetings, if they are that makes it 4 hurling clubs. I don't know if the handball still goes on, and I don't believe there's any rounders.

ziggysego

There are six handball clubs in Tyrone that I am aware of:

Loughmacrory
Greencastle
Brackey
Carrickmore
Cappagh and
Pomeroy
Testing Accessibility