List of GAA clubs

Started by blast05, January 17, 2007, 06:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blast05

Anyone know where i could get a list of of all the clubs in the country, and better still, a list of all the secretaries name ?

Ethan Edwards

For Antrim go on to antrimgaa.net, all the antrim clubs & secretaries are listed there
That'll Be The Day

aontroim

And what exactly are you going to be flogging  ;) More tickets?

blast05

QuoteMore tickets?

Not at all, i'm writing a thesis on the history of every GAA club in the country .....   :P

Square Ball

Jebus H, thats gonna be one hell of a Thesis, I took the figures below, as you can see they are the top 5 and bottom 5 clubs Per County, good luck.

COUNTIES WITH MOST GAA CLUBS

1.   Cork   259
2.   Dublin   220
3.    Wexford   187
4.    Meath   150
5.    Antrim   108

COUNTIES WITH LEAST GAA CLUBS

1.    Leitrim   33
2.   Carlow   35
3.   Kilkenny   41
4.    Fermanagh   50
5.    Monaghan   50

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

Each County Board Website will have the details for all the clubs on their website.
Testing Accessibility

scud

No way have fermanagh 50 GAA clubs. There are approx 18 senior clubs, 2 junior clubs and 1 club which is hurling only

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

venter

QuoteThis is the best list i've seen

It's the only list I've seen but its missing 9 clubs from North Mayo alone

ziggysego

Quote from: venter on January 17, 2007, 08:25:41 PM
QuoteThis is the best list i've seen

It's the only list I've seen but its missing 9 clubs from North Mayo alone

Since you're on the site, why not add them yourself? If everyone did that, then it would be the complete list.
Testing Accessibility

venter

QuoteSince you're on the site, why not add them yourself? If everyone did that, then it would be the complete list.

Done. I added 10 North Mayo clubs as they misspelled Kiltane and linked it to some place in Meath.

Gnevin

Their is about 1250 clubs listed so only 1250 short
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

theskull1

5.    Antrim   108

I don't think so....the wiki link is much closer (can't think of any that are missing)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Lecale2

Alll the hurling clubs are missing from the Down list. They have taken this from the football league tables. Looks like O'Donnell's, Sarsfield's and Peader O'Neill Crowley's are missing from the Antrim list.

aontroim

Lecale - O'D's and Sars are in there under their proper names;

Cardinal O'Donnells
Padraig Sairseil

As for Crowley's they folded a few years ago.