Tyrone v Roscommon Croke Park 14/15th July

Started by omagh_gael, July 07, 2018, 10:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Obviously the GAA want to protect our innocent clean footballers from the dark arts.
Long may it continue if it gives people entertainment like we and Armagh provided last Saturday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on July 09, 2018, 05:43:42 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 09, 2018, 05:28:34 PM
David Gough to Ref it.
That should cut down on the dirty tricks.

This would be bad news for Tyrone.

You may be surprised to find out on Saturday that Tyrone are perhaps the most disciplined tacklers in the country. I know you think we bullied your poor little U21s a few years ago - but this is the big league now, I hope your guys are a little bit more resilient these days.
That was never a square ball!!

seafoid

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/eight-super-heroes-battle-for-control-of-the-football-universe-853841.html
If there's to be a surprise result, what will it be and why?

"After seeing their performance against Armagh Saturday, I'd give Roscommon a good chance against Tyrone next week. While Tyrone could run the bench in the second half against Cork, this will be their fourth game in as many weeks and if Roscommon can bring similar energy levels and pace it could give them a physical advantage. They will need to pair that with the smarts to break down Tyrone defensively but I believe they have the forwards who could do it."

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 09, 2018, 06:35:17 PM
David Gough to Ref it.

You may be surprised to find out on Saturday that Tyrone are perhaps the most disciplined tacklers in the country. I know you think we bullied your poor little U21s a few years ago - but this is the big league now, I hope your guys are a little bit more resilient these days.

You may be surprised when this is exposed as a total fabrication.

Christ you lads want to be the victims in every situation. The whole world is out to get you. Yap yap yap.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on July 09, 2018, 06:40:33 PM
David Gough to Ref it.

Christ you lads want to be the victims in every situation. The whole world is out to get you. Yap yap yap.

Check the stats and you may be surprised. You are living in the past with the dirty tricks nonsense. If anything we are too nice these days. You still haven't explained why this is a grudge match by the way.

Orchard park

I have been ignored asking the same question and accused of grandstanding when highlighting the respect Tyrone football  is held in by most Rossies, ( Mickie Harte and the rosary beads  and pro"life" campaign are excluded from this respect I feel in most houses )

rrhf

I just hope Tyrone aren't bullied out of it. Young possibly a bit naive against a team planning to kick them round the field motivated by an Illogical and outrageous sense of grievance from when they were kids.

Jayop

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 09, 2018, 06:45:26 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 09, 2018, 06:40:33 PM
David Gough to Ref it.

Check the stats and you may be surprised. You are living in the past with the dirty tricks nonsense. If anything we are too nice these days. You still haven't explained why this is a grudge match by the way.

He doesn't understand stats or fact. Prefers to talk shite and pollute a thread. Against Cavan Tyrone didn't give a single free up for 31 minutes anywhere on the pitch. Not sure how claiming that we're a pretty disciplined team is playing the victims but that's the kinda crap you'd expect from a few posters on here and on other gaa boards when discussing Tyrone.

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on July 09, 2018, 07:02:34 PM
I have been ignored asking the same question and accused of grandstanding when highlighting the respect Tyrone football  is held in by most Rossies, ( Mickie Harte and the rosary beads  and pro"life" campaign are excluded from this respect I feel in most houses )

You're being ignored because you're just doing your usual trick of pretending like I'm somehow representing anyone but myself, ironically these two posts here by you are much more in keeping with the self-appointed spokesperson for Roscommon that you've attempted to portray me as. Daft.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on July 09, 2018, 07:19:08 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on July 09, 2018, 07:02:34 PM

You're being ignored because you're just doing your usual trick of pretending like I'm somehow representing anyone but myself, ironically these two posts here by you are much more in keeping with the self-appointed spokesperson for Roscommon that you've attempted to portray me as. Daft.

Yes, but why is this a grudge match??

Jinxy

I've no idea but I'm guessing ye did something bad to the Rossies.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

It's just Syferworld's parallel universe ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Aughafad

Are/where Armagh a better team this year or last year?

Tyrone absolutely beat them out the gate in 2017 with Jamie Clarke whereas Roscommon needed a last minute goal to put gloss on their victory this year.

Syferus

Quote from: Aughafad on July 09, 2018, 08:19:23 PM

Tyrone absolutely beat them out the gate in 2017 with Jamie Clarke whereas Roscommon needed a last minute goal to put gloss on their victory this year.

Roscommon led for more than the last 50 minutes of the match you're trying to use as a prop there.

Jayop

Quote from: Aughafad on July 09, 2018, 08:19:23 PM

Limped out badly against Fermanagh but put up a big score against Westmeath and Clare and a pretty good score against Sligo. I'd say Clarke or not they have been a better side this year.