Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

I've said the same about reserve football on here loads of times, no changes will ever be made. The fixture committee can't even sort out one set of fixtures. They care not for reserve fixtures.
Playing it a separate night would make a lot of sense, run it off over a couple of months. Would help with the shortage of refs as well.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 09, 2017, 03:16:59 PM
I reckon it'll be a big enough task for any of the intermediate teams to beat the Senior teams in a play off.....assuming the Senior team wants to stay there.

I reckon any of them intermediate sides would beat Strabane or Urney. I've seen Strabane and Urney play this year and to call them poor would be complimentary. I believe a third team will go up who ever that maybe.
Living the dream!!!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 10, 2017, 10:30:49 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 09, 2017, 03:16:59 PM
I reckon it'll be a big enough task for any of the intermediate teams to beat the Senior teams in a play off.....assuming the Senior team wants to stay there.

I reckon any of them intermediate sides would beat Strabane or Urney. I've seen Strabane and Urney play this year and to call them poor would be complimentary. I believe a third team will go up who ever that maybe.

Strabane and Urney aren't that bad - Strabane were very young when our club played them - that kind of thing is ruthlessly exposed in Division 1 against the best. Trillick in the Championship, might have been beat mentally before the ball was thrown in on that one tbh.

Urney are Urney, on their day they've no fear of anyone and can rack up big scores - Jonny Lafferty availability is obviously vital - no idea what the story is there.

I don't see why any intermediate team would fear them, I agree with you they could win. I just think if a Senior Team wants to stay there, they should have that bit of class to stay up. Will remain to be seen but definitely wouldn't be putting any money on results of playoff games at this time of year.

Club boi

Heard Jonny Laverty was asked to come in in their Championship defeat and refused. Any truth??

Also heard Kennedy, Derrylaughin was hit by a member of the managements family, wonder had it anything to do with his Son not starting in goals and him maybe running his mouth at the defeat??

(stand to be corrected on both)

driveherin

Ah for gods sake!!! That would be an awful pity if someone hit Petesy (and/or the Son!!!)  ::) ::) ::)

redzone

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 10, 2017, 09:11:09 AM
What are peoples views on the current state of reserve football within the county?
I feel it is dying a  death with a huge number of fixtures not being fulfilled and this seems to get worse every year.
Is there any appetite for change in the way the whole thing is structured?

Just had a look at the reserve tables on the website.  Are they wrong. Seems to me like most games were played across all divisions

StGallsGAA

Anyone know TG4 will show the county final Sunday? 

skeog

No county final from TG 4, 2008 last time i think it was aired tasty affair that it was.

barelegs

TG4 showed the drawn game last year...

See Damian Cassidy confirmed on Twitter he's left Clonoe

redzone

Quote from: redzone on October 10, 2017, 05:11:37 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 10, 2017, 09:11:09 AM
What are peoples views on the current state of reserve football within the county?
I feel it is dying a  death with a huge number of fixtures not being fulfilled and this seems to get worse every year.
Is there any appetite for change in the way the whole thing is structured?

Just had a look at the reserve tables on the website.  Are they wrong. Seems to me like most games were played across all divisions

Correction; ure right quite a few called off.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: barelegs on October 10, 2017, 07:20:04 PM
TG4 showed the drawn game last year...

See Damian Cassidy confirmed on Twitter he's left Clonoe

Quite a few of my Clonoe friends have got their wish.

Who next I wonder. Big appointment for Clonoe ahead.

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: referee on October 10, 2017, 09:12:24 PM
It'll take a good man to come in and get similar success to Cassidy,especially with some of the clonoe players getting on in years

Success aye. Wise up lost more than he won.

clarshack

Quote from: referee on October 10, 2017, 09:31:51 PM
Although James Darcy didn't stand out on Sunday,he is a talent,but is a couple of years away from Tyrone set up,an all round team effort on Sunday won it for the Tatts,and they'll not fear too many teams in div 2 next year,

The 2 teams that came up from junior have struggled this season in Div2. Are Tattyreagh much better than Rock or the Derg?

driveherin

rumours that Horse Devlin is for Clonoe?