Mayo manager resigns - for defo.

Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Quote from: Syferus on August 27, 2018, 02:04:05 AM
Quote from: weareros on August 27, 2018, 01:26:25 AM
Often it means the county board have someone else lined up... Jimmy's winning matches?

Are you well.

Will feel a lot better if they try to tempt the two Stephenites back. Might even find religion after the Pope signing the Mayo geansaí.

stephenite

Quote from: weareros on August 27, 2018, 02:12:04 AM
Often it means the county board have someone else lined up... Jimmy's winning matches?

Are you well.

Will feel a lot better if they try to tempt the two Stephenites back. Might even find religion after the Pope signing the Mayo geansaí.

And ye still will struggle  ;D

mouview

Quote from: Crete Boom on August 27, 2018, 01:36:51 AM

If that's what is happening then think less hair and more tanned ! ;)
I don't think McGuiness or anyone outside the county would be interested in managing Mayo at the moment.
The team is going to be in transition and our executive will be counting the sandwiches at every training session next year so cheap and local will be the way to go for the foreseeable future!!

Surely not Eamon O'Hara?

macdanger2

On the week of the all Ireland, you'd think we'd let Tyrone and Dublin have the spotlight besides this kind of shenanigans :-[

larryin89

Mayo Gaa on social media = Machiavellianism at its finest.

There needs to be a study done on it , a part of me would love to type names , all selfish careerists . Some of them should hang their head s in shame . A shambles
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Shamrock Shore

Pope signing the jersey must have tipped it.

Christ on a bike. Is there anyone thinking of the children in all of this?

Maybe Rochford fancies a trip to Longford to rebuild his CV.

rosnarun

Quote from: larryin89 on August 27, 2018, 10:52:36 AM

There needs to be a study done on it , a part of me would love to type names , all selfish careerists . Some of them should hang their head s in shame . A shambles
which is a shambles?
mayo GAA official or the rumour mongers

go one names name we little else to be doing until the FBD starts again
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

Quote from: weareros on August 27, 2018, 02:12:04 AM

Are you well.

Will feel a lot better if they try to tempt the two Stephenites back.

Will someone think of poor Syferus ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rosnarun

Quote from: rosnarun on August 27, 2018, 11:29:33 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 27, 2018, 10:52:36 AM

which is a shambles?
mayo GAA official or the rumour mongers

go one names name we little else to be doing until the FBD starts again

are you thinking about Area 51

Jinxy

Pat Holmes & Noel Connelly, with Cora Staunton, David Brady and The Mort as selectors.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

joemamas

In Fairness to SR, he was involved in a management team that was spot on with game plans and tactics.
We are the only team that came within an asses roar of Dublin over past two to three years.
he has given a tremendous amount of time and effort to the Mayo senior team.

People need to remember that the majority of the games we lost over the past two years, were mainly due to indiscipline and little or no luck and this year injuries. Not his fault.

When Buckley and McEntee left, I thought he may have decided to call it a day. His legacy would have been a good manager that almost got us there. No shame whatsoever in that. I believe he also has a young family easy to understand.

Only criticism is his inability to strengthen the team with new blood. I said three years ago, that I would view his tenure to be successful if we were in the top four teams in Ireland and he was able to introduce three to four new players onto the team. Sadly this has not been the case. I am not at training, so I cannot comment on fitness or skills or readiness of the new blood. I am not nieve enough to think it can happen overnight.

As for all the rumors etc.
For the greater good of Mayo football, this crap should stop.
What will the end game be, a disliked county board that has less respect that it should have, a team that is not fully united, trainers coaches names being dragged through the mud. There is no upside whatsoever. This is not the premier league where managers get paid shit loads of money. We need to step back and think long-term.

As for the next manager, whenever that does happen, I am beginning to feel that other than James Horan, it needs to come from outside, and it needs to be a manager that is not afraid to make some unpopular personnel decisions.

rosnarun

"Following an executive meeting of Mayo GAA, the officers of the board were authorised to meet Stephen Rochford and his management team on their structures and plans for 2019."
not exactly pinning their colours to the mast  nor a ringing endorsement.
who put forward the names of Ford and Conway was it the board or SR?

Syferus

Quote from: rosnarun on August 27, 2018, 02:58:32 PM
"Following an executive meeting of Mayo GAA, the officers of the board were authorised to meet Stephen Rochford and his management team on their structures and plans for 2019."

That was such a bizarre tweet and probably did more to set alarm bells ringing than anonymous rumours ever could have.

"It's 10pm on a Sunday night and we wanted to tell you we had a meeting to decide to have another meeting."

Maroon Manc

Quote from: rosnarun on August 27, 2018, 02:58:32 PM

I saw that, the wife (mayo woman) and I both couldn't work out why you'd put something like that on twiter, sounds like their deliberately trying to wind Rochford up.