Silent Justice/ Internet Interceptors

Started by tyrone girl, August 10, 2017, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Basically you just don't understand.  There are many reasons this is a bad idea. You don't appear to have the capacity to understand them.

Jim Bob

Quote from: T Fearon on January 21, 2018, 04:03:58 PM
Point is when they're exposed there's no where in the North for them to go.These stings are making the local papers.No hiding place,hounded everywhere.

Not making the local papers when I'm from

T Fearon

Funny that.One was the headline story in the Irish News last Monday

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 21, 2018, 09:18:45 AM
The police follow every complaint that has any links to rape.... if they don't they become liable, it's then down to whether there is a case or not for the courts to decide..

The designated teacher will be held responsible if they didn't go through the proper legal system, they won't get promoted to principle that's for sure, whereas in the church you turn a blind eye to rape and become a Bishop!

I couldn't see a school allow an accusation of rape to be hushed up, regardless of the claim and by whom it has to as the reputation of the scho has to come first

Really, would just be so sure. Reputation has a lot to answer for when it comes to organisations and their capacity to prioritise it either for themselves, a family or individual ahead of suffering by someone in their care.

Jim Bob

Quote from: T Fearon on January 21, 2018, 05:44:38 PM
Funny that.One was the headline story in the Irish News last Monday

That's one. And the rest of them ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on January 21, 2018, 05:46:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 21, 2018, 09:18:45 AM
The police follow every complaint that has any links to rape.... if they don't they become liable, it's then down to whether there is a case or not for the courts to decide..

The designated teacher will be held responsible if they didn't go through the proper legal system, they won't get promoted to principle that's for sure, whereas in the church you turn a blind eye to rape and become a Bishop!

I couldn't see a school allow an accusation of rape to be hushed up, regardless of the claim and by whom it has to as the reputation of the scho has to come first

Really, would just be so sure. Reputation has a lot to answer for when it comes to organisations and their capacity to prioritise it either for themselves, a family or individual ahead of suffering by someone in their care.

Nothing is sacred and if an accusation is made it will be leaked, and if there is police involvement then it has no choice
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

What about complaints that are not rape related but nonetheless serious?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on January 21, 2018, 06:47:29 PM
What about complaints that are not rape related but nonetheless serious?

I'm using rape as an example as that's what these paedos are going to do, and what Brendan Smyth did and allowed to do by ones who turned a blind eye too..

All complaints should be investigated based on the complaint surely?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

Point is when they're exposed there's no where in the North for them to go.These stings are making the local papers.No hiding place,hounded everywhere.

You don't understand why these are bad and you continue to ignore points or don't like.

T Fearon

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 21, 2018, 07:02:39 PM

You don't understand why these are bad and you continue to ignore points or don't like.

I don't understand why they are bad because any I've watched have without fail contained the following:

1.Confrontation with people who have been grooming what they think to be children,supported by ample computer based evidence. No mistaken identities, no doubt about guilt.

2.A complete absence of violence or threat thereof.

3.Paedophiles made to squirm and lie (I thought she was over 16 etc).

4.Viewers asked  to keep away from the scene and not annoy friends or family of the predator.

5.Police called and the predator protected until they arrive.

6.Maximum exposure and outing of Paedophiles

What is wrong with any of that?

tonto1888

Becaus their actions help prevent convictions. If they were really not in it for themselves they could do what they do and then hand their evidence to police without the need to broadcast it live on social media

T Fearon

No guarantee that the public would be informed etc.What is the problem? The former RTÉ producer awaits sentencing.If the public could trust the Police and Judicial system these groups wouldn't exist

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on January 21, 2018, 08:12:55 PM
No guarantee that the public would be informed etc.What is the problem? The former RTÉ producer awaits sentencing.If the public could trust the Police and Judicial system these groups wouldn't exist

Like I said earlier if one past you tomorrow in general street you wouldn't have a clue

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on January 21, 2018, 08:12:55 PM

You keep going on about one person. What about the others. What about the case of mistaken identity

T Fearon

When anyone is arrested by Police and charged there is a risk of mistaken identity.

I have seen no evidence other than good work done by these groups.Only the Police are asking them to scale down,not the general public