Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone08

Quote from: clarshack on March 27, 2023, 02:12:16 PM
Don't know what it is as he is a fantastic player and scores a lot of super points but Darragh Canavan seems to miss an awful lot of 1 v 1's with keepers.

I would agree. The amount if forwards who blast the ball at the keeper is unreal. Low and hard is the way to go. Can't remember which famous person said it but they said forwards need to "pass" the ball into the net instead of aimlessly blasting it.

imtommygunn

You'll probably never see a better example of that than Peter Canavan against Kerry from Mulligan's pass.

square_ball

Don't know what it is as he is a fantastic player and scores a lot of super points but Darragh Canavan seems to miss an awful lot of 1 v 1's with keepers.

Funny I thought the exact same thing yesterday as well. That's a right few I can remember him missing now even going back to the 2021 semi final v Kerry when he was lucky McShane was following in to punch it to the net. Its surprising given how composed he normally is.

tbrick18

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 27, 2023, 02:15:19 PM

I would agree. The amount if forwards who blast the ball at the keeper is unreal. Low and hard is the way to go. Can't remember which famous person said it but they said forwards need to "pass" the ball into the net instead of aimlessly blasting it.

That would be a quote from Mr Joe Brolly   :D

Would ye whist

I thought it was Stevie McDonnell

Quote from: tbrick18 on March 27, 2023, 02:58:57 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on March 27, 2023, 02:15:19 PM

That would be a quote from Mr Joe Brolly   :D

Jim Bob

Yes. His da probably sick of dragging him by the lug and making him watch his 05 final goal

Under Lights

29 different players played in the league, 21 of them scored

inroundthesquare

Quote from: Under Lights on March 27, 2023, 10:07:52 PM
29 different players played in the league, 21 of them scored

McCurry also top scorer in Division 1.

Mikhailov

Tyrone are a crazy price for the game tonight - very short odds at 1/10.

Down will not be easy to handle, especially as they have 3 regular senior starters plus the county is on the up at the minute. We have no regular senior starter players involved whereas they have Murdock in midfield plus Magill and McCarthy in defence who played a lot of NFL for Down.

Hopefully, Tyrone have too much firepower up front but it will be a tough tight battle.

I still expect Tyrone to win a difficult game but won't be near as easy as the bookies make it out to be. Similar to last years game result will do fine

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Mikhailov on March 29, 2023, 10:05:38 AM
Tyrone are a crazy price for the game tonight - very short odds at 1/10.

Down will not be easy to handle, especially as they have 3 regular senior starters plus the county is on the up at the minute. We have no regular senior starter players involved whereas they have Murdock in midfield plus Magill and McCarthy in defence who played a lot of NFL for Down.

Hopefully, Tyrone have too much firepower up front but it will be a tough tight battle.

I still expect Tyrone to win a difficult game but won't be near as easy as the bookies make it out to be. Similar to last years game result will do fine

Tyrone should definitely be favourites with a good lot of players involved from last year and few added in from minor all ireland final team of 21. But 1/10 is very short. U20/u21 grade can be funny with teams growing into the competition as it goes on. Tyrone have a lot of good players in the forward line but it would be fairly light. McGleenan a miss in terms of physical presence from last year.

sam03/05

Where has big McGarrity gone from last year? Was a great target man.
Surprised Owens from the CMS team not in 26 as well.

God14

Quote from: sam03/05 on March 29, 2023, 10:47:08 AM

Two surprising omissions for sure, possibly injuries

Think Cormac Devlin is injured
Callan Kelly I thought would be in the 24

NotedObserver

Quote from: God14 on March 29, 2023, 12:42:32 PM

Donaghy and Muldoon both starters last year?

God14

Quote from: NotedObserver on March 29, 2023, 12:56:03 PM
Quote from: God14 on March 29, 2023, 12:42:32 PM

Donaghy and Muldoon both starters last year?

Aye James Donaghy was a starter last year, Muldoon often appeared of the bench

Thought Noah Grimes would be involved too

One thing about this management set up, if your not 100% committed, your not involved. In the past they have overlooked talented players like Danny Fullerton and Michael Conroy
I'm not suggesting any of the absentees are not committed, I'm just pointing out they have form for selecting players whom are 100% all in, at the training sessions which we don't see.

square_ball

Hope no one put the life savings on Tyrone at those odds.