Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I was surprised we didn't leave at least one forward in Donegal's half in the second half. Tyrone overturned the ball a few times only to find there was no one in their half to target, especially with that breeze.

Donegal's tactics in the first half when behind were laughable. Not sure who was doing the booing but it was deserved.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyrone86

Ruairi Canavan is the U20 captain so that puts an end to the senior discussion. He will be able to go into the senior squad for the group stages if the 20s get out of Ulster.

Mikhailov

Quote from: tyrone86 on February 10, 2023, 12:10:39 PM
Ruairi Canavan is the U20 captain so that puts an end to the senior discussion. He will be able to go into the senior squad for the group stages if the 20s get out of Ulster.

You have to assume that means Conor Cush is gone also to the 20's. The correct decision for both lads in my opinion. Plenty of time for them after 20's is finished to rejoin senior set up if required.

LeoMc

He was vice captain and there are not too many from last year's squad back so it would seem the logical choice.

tyrone86

Quote from: Mikhailov on February 10, 2023, 12:20:56 PM

You have to assume that means Conor Cush is gone also to the 20's. The correct decision for both lads in my opinion. Plenty of time for them after 20's is finished to rejoin senior set up if required.
Looks like it. I'm told Cush played for the 20s in a challenge game last Saturday and hit 4-4.

God14

Quote from: tyrone86 on February 10, 2023, 12:28:49 PM

Looks like it. I'm told Cush played for the 20s in a challenge game last Saturday and hit 4-4.

be interesting to see a panel, but there must be serious firepower in this years U20's. Canavan & Cush aside you could still call on the likes of Ronan Cassidy, Lorcan McGarrity, Conor Owens, Gavin Potter, Cormac Devlin, Conor McElhom, Noah Grimes. Im sure ive missed a few others as well, thats just off the top of my head.

Mikhailov

Quote from: LeoMc on February 10, 2023, 12:27:03 PM
He was vice captain and there are not too many from last year's squad back so it would seem the logical choice.

According to Paul Devlin in the Irish News there are 17 still there from last year and 7 starters from the AI final v Kildare.

LeoMc

Quote from: Mikhailov on February 10, 2023, 03:04:04 PM

According to Paul Devlin in the Irish News there are 17 still there from last year and 7 starters from the AI final v Kildare.
A lot more Thani thought. Icould only think of Canavan andCush initially.

Quote from: God14 on February 10, 2023, 02:03:42 PM
Quote from: tyrone86 on February 10, 2023, 12:28:49 PM

be interesting to see a panel, but there must be serious firepower in this years U20's. Canavan & Cush aside you could still call on the likes of Ronan Cassidy, Lorcan McGarrity, Conor Owens, Gavin Potter, Cormac Devlin, Conor McElhom, Noah Grimes. Im sure ive missed a few others as well, thats just off the top of my head.

I don't think conor Owens is on the panel

God14

Markey, McLarnon & McRory schools cups all going to Tyrone this year. The conveyor belt is well & truly back fella's. Some fantastic talent in the county in the 18 to 21 age bracket

Mikhailov

Quote from: LeoMc on February 10, 2023, 04:05:08 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on February 10, 2023, 03:04:04 PM

A lot more Thani thought. Icould only think of Canavan andCush initially.

Of the top of my head, defenders - Rafferty, Muldoon, midfielder - McHugh, forwards - Cush, Canavan, McGarrity, O'Donnell plus obviously according to Paul Devlin another 10 from the bench. I possibly have missed 1 starter but not certain to be honest.
A very strong panel but Derry were the All Irelands at this age group at minor level.

WT4E

Quote from: God14 on February 10, 2023, 08:46:05 PM
Markey, McLarnon & McRory schools cups all going to Tyrone this year. The conveyor belt is well & truly back fella's. Some fantastic talent in the county in the 18 to 21 age bracket

With most of the the 21s playing with HTC

sam03/05

If only other schools could make the same contribution to football as cookstown do
The likes of Ballygawley & Stabane - would raise the standards even higher

NotedObserver

Quote from: WT4E on February 11, 2023, 12:03:12 AM
Quote from: God14 on February 10, 2023, 08:46:05 PM

With most of the the 21s playing with HTC

How many older players HTC have?

God14

Quote from: sam03/05 on February 11, 2023, 08:38:35 AM
If only other schools could make the same contribution to football as cookstown do
The likes of Ballygawley & Stabane - would raise the standards even higher

+1

The traditional big grammar schools have always poached & sought out to attract whatever footballing talent they could get their hands on. Nothing new here, it's just because Cookstown were always deemed to be Markey standard and have upset the traditional order, that they are being dissed with these posts