Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

Paul Donaghy might have done some damage. Or Tiernan shored up the breaking ball. 

seafoid

I would only have general knowledge of Tyrone but they were poor in the League and a number of players left the panel. Plus they are like Tipperary. They don't do back to back.

CK_Redhand

A bad day at the office. The discipline is the main worry, which is strange as last year discipline was really good. We know the players can play. I expect a response in the next match.

HokeyPokey

I'm not sure what happened. They just didn't seem to be up for it, whereas Derry obviously were and had been lying in the long grass and everything seemed to go for them. I think it would probably have panned out differently if Kennedy hadn't let the team down.

I don't buy the there's something wrong in the camp. None of the departures besides Donaghy were out of the blue and some of those players have been clear they were personal decisions, there is also a lot more said by current players about how they feel more trusted, in contrast to under Harte.

It might be a blessing in disguise, better than a saunter or stumble to a QF and get caught cold there. Tyrone teams always do better when they have a point to prove and they definitely have that...

Under Lights

Program showed 40 players on Tyrone panel.

WT4E

Tyrone louth in qualifier and mickey to chin us?  :-\

The Trap

]
Would Tyrone be safer losing to fermanagh, getting in a few hard weeks of training and giving it a go through qualifiers? Ulster going to be a minefield and would hate to lose to Derry!

I can only presume you are taking the piss here? Lose to Fermanagh so we can avoid Derry?? You've gone mad 😂😂

What you think now BennyHarp?

WT4E

Quote from: Under Lights on May 02, 2022, 09:39:25 PM
Program showed 40 players on Tyrone panel.

Will there be another drop out now the star games are known - usually happens to alot of fringe players that are needed by their clubs

Man Marker

Quote from: The Trap on March 08, 2022, 10:36:07 PM
Would Tyrone be safer losing to fermanagh, getting in a few hard weeks of training and giving it a go through qualifiers? Ulster going to be a minefield and would hate to lose to Derry!

How does that feel Trap ? ;D ;D ;)

The Trap

Aw not too bad man marker. Beat by a very good team on the day! Could see it coming on both sides. Derry were always going to be very well prepared and this year has been very inconsistent from Tyrone. The Monaghan match will be of great interest to neutrals but I think Derry have a great chance for an ulster title!

Man Marker

Hopefully your right. Bottom line in that Derry have to back it up. They're capable of beating Monaghan, but the mark of any team with ambitions is putting big games back to back. This is where Derry have not delivered from 2000.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: CK_Redhand on May 02, 2022, 07:31:49 AM
A bad day at the office. The discipline is the main worry, which is strange as last year discipline was really good. We know the players can play. I expect a response in the next match.

Not sure we can just put that down to a bad day at the office. I would have hoped that had Kennedy not been sent off that Tyrone would have lifted their game as it went on. Ultimately that red followed by the penalty meant it was a mammoth task. However, there was a still a general lack of leadership and direction after that and Tyrone never threatened to get back into it.

There were 3 key things to work on after last year. Get McShane firing on all cylinders as a starter, find a role where we see the best of McKenna, and also get Canavan in as playmaker. Of those three, we only made progress through the league with Canavan. Ironically, he was the only one of the three who didn't start on Sunday. On top of that, only Meyler and Kilpatrick of the breakthrough men of last season have consistently been at a high level so far this season.

It is possible that the hammering on Sunday will focus minds and with a nice draw that Tyrone can pick up momentum and do damage as the summer unfolds. But at this stage it looks unlikely.

clubman21

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on May 03, 2022, 04:50:41 PM

Not sure we can just put that down to a bad day at the office. I would have hoped that had Kennedy not been sent off that Tyrone would have lifted their game as it went on. Ultimately that red followed by the penalty meant it was a mammoth task. However, there was a still a general lack of leadership and direction after that and Tyrone never threatened to get back into it.

There were 3 key things to work on after last year. Get McShane firing on all cylinders as a starter, find a role where we see the best of McKenna, and also get Canavan in as playmaker. Of those three, we only made progress through the league with Canavan. Ironically, he was the only one of the three who didn't start on Sunday. On top of that, only Meyler and Kilpatrick of the breakthrough men of last season have consistently been at a high level so far this season.

It is possible that the hammering on Sunday will focus minds and with a nice draw that Tyrone can pick up momentum and do damage as the summer unfolds. But at this stage it looks unlikely.
Only one man to blame for this one, had enough chances this year to get firing. Mccurry kept his levels at the same standard if not better

tyrone08

Quote from: clubman21 on May 03, 2022, 04:53:05 PM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on May 03, 2022, 04:50:41 PM

Only one man to blame for this one, had enough chances this year to get firing. Mccurry kept his levels at the same standard if not better

McShane needs dropped to the bench. Had enough chances this year to prove himself and failed to do so. Keep him as an impact sub. Last year he scored vital scores coming off the bench but he never really found form since that 1 good season for tyrone a few years ago. Appreciate he was out for a long time but he just does seem to be able to be a main target man at the minute.

WT4E

Cathal McFlashinthepan

Had a wonder season and now back to lacklustre level.