Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: trileacman on February 04, 2018, 03:55:35 PM
Dublin put 15 men behind the ball on 3-4 occasions in that match and 14 behind it on another 6-7 times. There's no great difference in how the two teams played, just Dublin were better at it. This idea that Dublin are a team with 6 forwards up the pitch all the time is a complete lie, repeated often enough that it's now become the truth.

When you're better than teams you'll put up big scores against them, thsts why we put a run on Armagh, down, Donegal and Derry last year.

on '3-4 occasions' not quite whats inflicted on Tyrone supporters : (

Thebigdog

After watching the highlights I see sneaky Mickey does his usual act of genius an changes the team at the last minute. Aidan Mccrory snuck into the half forward line no doubt! Lol. Peter Harte giving the ball away on numerous occasions like he was playing for Dublin. Maybe he is taking it too literally when people on here say he is the only player who would make it onto their team! Fair play to young Brennan he is now officially Tyrone's best forward. About time!!! Jim Gavin among others will always be one step ahead of Mickey Harte and that will be Tyrone's Achilles heel for the next three horrendous years.

southtyronegael

mc crory at wing forward, its just gets better and better. 27 mins of second half before they got a score. brennan showed in first half that you dont have to be 6 foot and 14 stone if the right ball is delivered quick and early. imagine the possiblities mickey.

Thebigdog

There is a lazy argument out there that Dublin also  play with heavy numbers back, they do, however their game plan in certain situations requires that.. This tactic is only part of  their armoury. Good forward play is their strong point and undoubtedly not Tyrone's. Then again Harte has only had the last TEN years to work on it!

Fuzzman

Gas I put a pic of Lee Brennan as my phone wallpaper for a TAD quiz on Friday night for the laugh, even before I heard he was starting on Saturday night and look he well he played.

Yeah I was very frustrated with the 2nd half and how poor we can be when we don't have any TRUE leaders to stand up and be counted. I was also getting very annoyed with the lack of atmosphere with our supporters despite me trying loads of times to get people to chant and sing.
Again the Dubs out sung us and it was like Hill 16 on tour. The silver birches was packed from 4pm with them.

The 1st half gave me great hope and thought they do have it in them for a battle but then the second half was very very disappointing. Especially after the big fight (pushing and grabbing throats) in the tunnel that lasted 3 mins or more,  or so one of my TADpole colleagues told me. I was on the pitch presenting a cheque from AIG to Dublin chairman as funds were running low after Xmas.

Definitely a better performance that in Galway and when you see that they beat Donegal who run Kerry close then maybe we're not that far behind after all. Still I'm not going to any more long trips away to watch more crab like muck.

southtyronegael

Fuzzman, I admire ur enthusiasm but I wouldn't be too hard on Tyrone supporters for not singing and chanting. Between watchin puke, negative football and mickeys grey, gloomy face on the sideline it would more likely make ye depressed than want to sing.

The Iceman

where would I go to read about the Moys All Ireland win? Is it on the Armagh thread?
I went back through 6 pages there and didn't see a thing. Congrats to any Tyrone posters here from the village -auld neighbours of mine at a time used to get a great fry at Geraldines and frequented a few bubs there and in Charlemont in my hey day
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Iceman

Quote from: The Iceman on February 05, 2018, 09:17:54 PM
where would I go to read about the Moys All Ireland win? Is it on the Armagh thread?
I went back through 6 pages there and didn't see a thing. Congrats to any Tyrone posters here from the village -auld neighbours of mine at a time used to get a great fry at Geraldines and frequented a few bubs there and in Charlemont in my hey day
my apologies -the club is a seperate thread!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Thebigdog

Quote from: The Iceman on February 05, 2018, 10:54:10 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on February 05, 2018, 09:17:54 PM
my apologies -the club is a seperate thread!
hearty congratulations on your success Gael. One club that deserves a bit of good news it's the Moy.

Fuzzman

Is it true that Morgan was responsible for giving away 2.02 on Sat night?
He was very slow to respond for the ball for the first goal and then put Hampsey under major pressure for the second goal.
Two of his kickouts went straight to Dublin men who kicked them over the bar.

That's 8 handy points we gave the Dubs whilst kicking how many wides? 13 was it?

To not score for 27 mins in any game is really poor and whilst there were some positives to be taken from the first half there were also a lot of negatives to be considered.

In hiding

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 06, 2018, 03:21:38 PM
Is it true that Morgan was responsible for giving away 2.02 on Sat night?
He was very slow to respond for the ball for the first goal and then put Hampsey under major pressure for the second goal.
Two of his kickouts went straight to Dublin men who kicked them over the bar.

That's 8 handy points we gave the Dubs whilst kicking how many wides? 13 was it?

To not score for 27 mins in any game is really poor and whilst there were some positives to be taken from the first half there were also a lot of negatives to be considered.
Were you at the game at all ? Morgan had a poor enough time with his kickouts but Mc Crory and Hampsey were responsible for each of Dublins goals

redzone

Aidy was to easily knocked of the ball for the first goal. I think Morgan nearly gave them 2 goals, one was blazed over the bar. Cluxtons kickout were brilliant

LeoMc

McCrory at fault for the first one. I would ascribe blame equally between Hampsey and Morgan for the second. It was a poor pass but Morgan should never have been out there. I counted 3 short kicks straight to Dublin men resulting in 2 tap overs.
The contrast with Dublins kick outs was striking. Cluxton found his man almost every time (Sludden intercepted 2-3 and Harte 1) long and every time on the short kick out. We were at best 50:50 long or short.

Redexile

Agree with Norf Tyrone - some reasons for optimism.
Would just like to nail the lie that Dublin played with half a team. They had 11 starters from last August. Tyrone had 8! And Tyrone were missing their 2 most important men from August

skeog