Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 02, 2017, 03:48:23 PM
He was part of the Tyrone u21 backroom team, not the manager. He was lucky to win a Cavan title,  and fckd up in Ulster club with his tactics.  Didn't win a championship game with Fermanagh. And considering the money he was on... that's poor.

You're twisting this to suit your agenda. He had a huge input to that U21 win, did win a championship game with Fermanagh (i'll let you do the research) and won championship with Cavan club... is not inscribed on cup 'they were lucky'  - is your agenda

rodney trotter

One qualifier win. No win in ulster.  Also did bizzare tactics with Fermanagh in ulster championahip too.Fermanaghs discipline under Canavan was desperate too.

It's not to suit my agenda . Tyrone aren't my concern,  just what I heard and saw of him as a manager.

longballin

Ok Rodney - what about Tally? Took St Mary's to a Sigerson Cup which Harte couldn't do, coached Tyrone to their first All Ireland in 2003 and coached a very average Down team to within a point of an All Ireland title?  ???

TF15

If you think we'd play better football under Tally you'd be very wrong. Incredibly negative tactically!

southtyronegael

im sure whoever the new manager is will be told that our gameplan needs to evolve to more attacking. the top teams have evolved but we and ulster in general have been left behind. and im not sure mickey can evolve at this stage.

The Golden Years

IMO Harte got lucky with the group of players that all came through at the same time. His record at minor level wasn't great till they came along. He took the Same players to u21 success and then on to seniors. He hasn't had nearly the same success since which suggest to me it was players who were the main catalyst for the all Ireland wins and not the manager. I honestly think a dog in the street could have led that group to them all Ireland wins.

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 03, 2017, 10:07:33 AM
im sure whoever the new manager is will be told that our gameplan needs to evolve to more attacking. the top teams have evolved but we and ulster in general have been left behind. and im not sure mickey can evolve at this stage.

Is it not up to the manager to employ whatever tactics he wants? What would a bunch of men on the county board know about tactics?

Also don't agree that Ulster gas been "left behind"
3 out of the last 8.
5 out of the last 12.

southtyronegael

yeah but i dont think there are any ulster teams within an asses roar of an all ireland. not even close to gettin to a final.

Tyrone Gaa

This past week I've been in limbo regarding the future of the Tyrone manager.  Weighed up the arguments but now I'm firmly in the Micky out camp.

I've heard (open to correction) that he is meeting with the county panel to begin plans for next year on Monday before the vote has taken place on Tuesday on an extra term.  The arrogance of this is unbelievable if true.  I'll be forever grateful for the success brought in the noughties.

Id expect that club delegates have been given their instructions by clubs ahead of Tuesday nights vote or discussion.  I hope the delegates aren't just acting on their own opinions and the decision is made without wider consultation.  I'd also be interested in the opinion of the current county players regarding their faith in the management system.

Saying all this, I can't give you a name of the person who I'd like to take Tyrone forward, I just feel Micky has delivered all he can for the county.
Living the dream!!!

southtyronegael

is the actual vote on hartes future on tuesday night? have clubs been consulted about this?

Over the Bar

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 04, 2017, 12:51:32 PM
is the actual vote on hartes future on tuesday night? have clubs been consulted about this?

1 year extension is already agreed so no need to consult clubs.  Will be ratified tomorrow night.

clarshack

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 04, 2017, 01:00:56 PM

1 year extension is already agreed so no need to consult clubs.  Will be ratified tomorrow night.

hope you are joking!

Over the Bar

Quote from: clarshack on September 04, 2017, 01:10:19 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on September 04, 2017, 01:00:56 PM

hope you are joking!

I'm not and it was decided 3 weeks ago.  So you think back to back Ulsters and an AI semifinal appearance doesn't warrant another crack?

southtyronegael

i think over the bar is on the windup lads.

omagh_gael

I still think Mickey is the man to lead the county for another year, as long as there is a slight change to a more attack focused system. The reality is there are no standout alternatives out there at the minute and most would implement a much similar system. .

One player, not in the squad at the minute, who may make a difference is McNulty from Clonoe. Have these bridges been burned, however? He may not be the most prolific scorer out there but he has the build we are missing in our forward unit.