Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 01, 2017, 08:20:20 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on August 31, 2017, 11:38:39 PM
what the f**k would gavin devlin know about taking free kicks? since when has mark harte been added to the backroom team? they are like a fuckin cartel.

How is your new supporters club going?
won't be much need for a supporters club if mickey stays on.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 01, 2017, 12:00:21 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 01, 2017, 08:20:20 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on August 31, 2017, 11:38:39 PM
what the f**k would gavin devlin know about taking free kicks? since when has mark harte been added to the backroom team? they are like a fuckin cartel.

How is your new supporters club going?
won't be much need for a supporters club if mickey stays on.

You were boasting about that last year, then when things went well wanted to join a supporters club and no doubt were among the 20,000 or so Tyrone fans in Dublin. Thankfully most people support the county not the manager.

southtyronegael

That's good at least we know everyone will get behind the new manager next year and the supporters club will flourish.

Localexpert

Putting personal opinion on the matter aside for a moment what do you all think the county board will do regards micky staying on next year?

Surely not increasing his stay last year and the manner of the demolition last week will only make their decision easier no?

skeog

They didnt increase his tenure as they felt no need for it.Mickey be given new tenure very soon.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Localexpert on September 01, 2017, 01:11:55 PM
Putting personal opinion on the matter aside for a moment what do you all think the county board will do regards micky staying on next year?

Surely not increasing his stay last year and the manner of the demolition last week will only make their decision easier no?

We haven't achieved back to back ulster titles too many times and I'm sure there was plenty of other years the ulster championship wasn't of the highest standard. We won the rest of the games before Sunday by 9 points plus. If you look back at the pre Harte years our record wasn't exactly brilliant. We got beat by one of the best and financially prepared teams ever last week. No one is happy with the tactics and would like to see a change but I'm not convinced a new manager will bring any more success.

Scoring Zone

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 01, 2017, 01:19:44 PM

We haven't achieved back to back ulster titles too many times and I'm sure there was plenty of other years the ulster championship wasn't of the highest standard. We won the rest of the games before Sunday by 9 points plus. If you look back at the pre Harte years our record wasn't exactly brilliant. We got beat by one of the best and financially prepared teams ever last week. No one is happy with the tactics and would like to see a change but I'm not convinced a new manager will bring any more success.

The lack of aggression and physicality in the first 15 killed tyrone, you can't send a statement of walking away from the parade without backing it up. Dublin didn't miss from difficult positions which will be difficult to replicate, there wide count was very small (it flashed 9-2 on the big screen in the 2nd half I think),and the turnovers in the tackle were criminal.

But the second half subs all made huge input in terms of energy and impact McMenamin, O'Gara, Flynn vs O'Neill, McCurry and McClure, with MD McCauley and Bernard Brogan not getting game time, no other team in the country has that sort of bench so lads, its a good tyrone team unfortunately there is a brilliant team ahead of them for a while so ye just have to accept it and not completely hang a very committed group on one result.

redhandefender

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 31, 2017, 08:12:37 PM
Redhanddefender, I'll echo GoldenYear's question, what level have you played to that leaves you the Oracle of football tactics? Furthermore, what way would you have set out our stall on Sunday? Easy being the problems guy instead of firing up alternative suggestions.

I kicked a ball which is probably a damn side more than you!

Such a crowd of hysterical weemen waiting in the wings for a slip up.

I would have lined out the exact same way the last day, the way that got us through ulster. Mickey will be looking at it more than anyone.

He will get an extension for countless reasons and yous will all still be yappin this time next year

GlenMan

Mickey will be given a new contract within the next month. To be discussed at next week's County Committee meeting.

southtyronegael

Quote from: GlenMan on September 01, 2017, 09:43:55 PM

Mickey will be given a new contract within the next month. To be discussed at next week's County Committee meeting.
bullshit. he is gone. if he gets back in there will be war in every village and town in tyrone.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 01, 2017, 09:46:12 PM

bullshit. he is gone. if he gets back in there will be war in every village and town in tyrone.

There won't.
That was never a square ball!!

BennyHarp

Quote from: longballin on September 01, 2017, 09:59:07 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 01, 2017, 09:55:27 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on September 01, 2017, 09:46:12 PM

There won't.
[/quote
He will get back in and in time blame the players for Sunday. Also will hype up going for three-in-a-row Ulster titles as an All Ireland title is miles beyond where Tyrone are at. He did a great job 2003 to 2008 but now so far behind other top coaches...

When has he ever blamed the players for defeats?
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

from what ive heard out and about there are very few people who want harte back. if what im hearing is replicated throughout the other clubs then i honestly dont know how he could get enough delegates to keep him in a job. alot of angry people in the county at the moment.

GlenMan

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 01, 2017, 10:30:25 PM
from what ive heard out and about there are very few people who want harte back. if what im hearing is replicated throughout the other clubs then i honestly dont know how he could get enough delegates to keep him in a job. alot of angry people in the county at the moment.

Who do you want to replace him? Genuine question as it will be Club's that nominate any successor.

southtyronegael

well from what i hear from the monaghan camp is that malachy o rourke may not be with them next year so he has to be high up the list. i still think mattie mc gleenan could be worth a punt, mayo took a punt on rochford with no county experience and its worked well for them. canavan, logan ,dooher would have to be in the running at some stage but wont happen if mickey leaves badly. paddy tally could come back in some shape or form. why not even link up mc gleenan with paddy tally? or o rourke/ tally?