Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the goal was on

Ffs mc gleenan had 15 men in own 45 against tyrone. Spoofed he liked forwards to stay up field. It looks like someone else calling the shots in Cavan if that's the case. if Mayo play like they did Against Cavan then tyrone will run through them to greater effect this week. I suspect Mayo will mind house a lot more this weekend

Redhand Santa

Maybe it's time to start up a Tyrone supporters thread. This one is being over run by a few people with a clear anti Harte agenda. People walting for the team to lose to give out about Harte and who obviously don't support the county team for one reason or another. They'd never think of going to a game.

Personally I'd support Tyrone whoever was managing them. The time the discussing a manager and judging them is at the end of the year. I have no problem with rational criticism but abuse and constant negativity gets boring after a while.

southtyronegael

maybe you should start up your own 'i love mickey harte' thread and leave us real tyrone supporters to discuss how we are going to get out of this mess. if your so sick of the constant negativity id suggest dont go to any more tyrone games for a while.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 21, 2017, 09:46:17 PM
maybe you should start up your own 'i love mickey harte' thread and leave us real tyrone supporters to discuss how we are going to get out of this mess. if your so sick of the constant negativity id suggest dont go to any more tyrone games for a while.

The real Tyrone supporters lol. Mickey Harte is currently the Tyrone manager and doing a decent job. Ulster champs and currently joint top of division 1. I'll continue to support the team next year or the year after no matter who is in charge.

southtyronegael

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 21, 2017, 09:55:21 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on March 21, 2017, 09:46:17 PM

The real Tyrone supporters lol. Mickey Harte is currently the Tyrone manager and doing a decent job. Ulster champs and currently joint top of division 1. I'll continue to support the team next year or the year after no matter who is in charge.
thats good to hear cause ive a funny feeling we will have a new manager to get behind next year. i cant wait.

Redhand Santa

I'm sure any new manager will play a hugely exciting attacking brand of football, make county players available for all club training and games and go unbeaten all season bringing Sam home.

omagh_gael

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 21, 2017, 08:14:08 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on March 19, 2017, 11:36:05 PM
Tyrone lost a thirteen game unbeaten run last night, the best in the country behind Dublin. I think it was a case of all sectors of the field having an off day and Donegal hitting a freakishly good purple patch in the first half. The scores they got in the first half against the wind wwere spectacular but sometimes everything you hot goes over (see our first half v Monaghan) whereas other nights everything goes to shite i.e. us last night.

Draw a line under it, learn and move on to next week.
whats this shite about a 13 game unbeaten run? we were beat in august in championship, december in o fiach cup, january, first mc kenna cup game. i make that 7 games unbeaten?

It was a thirteen game unbeaten run in the national league. Referring to Cavan's style of football in the Mayo match highlights your jaundiced view of Tyrone and Harte at the minute. Cavan's play looked good because Mayo's tactics were shite and allowed Cavan a heap of space to play in. If Tyrone were playing in Castlebar on Sunday they would have torn Mayo apart. Just look at the Cavan replay last summer to see how attack minded Tyrone are when the opposition leaves space in their defence.

southtyronegael

well if mayos defence is that bad then i expect us to rack up a big score which will obviously help us qualify for the league final if we finish level with 3 teams.

Gaffer

Quote from: longballin on March 20, 2017, 11:14:24 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on March 19, 2017, 11:57:58 PM
Quote from: longballin on March 19, 2017, 07:44:44 PM
I think the issue is the delusion we are a threat to the Dubs or on the brink of an All Ireland title is the issue. Same works the other way when Tyrone win a league game the hype is way OTT

That 'delusion' comes from the press not the Tyrone team!

You need to get out more and listen to what supporters say and look at comments on social media

I said 'not the Tyrone team' you berk !
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

teaminamillion

Quote from: LeoMc on March 21, 2017, 09:00:15 AM
Quote from: teaminamillion on March 20, 2017, 11:14:07 PM
People on here obviously don't like to hear the uncomfortable truth. This is about Tyrone GAA and what is going on in it. A GAA forum is it not?? If you want to read spoof and bullshit buy the Irish news and its pro Harte propaganda excretia.

Go on then, tell us the truth. No BS, no spin, no personal attacks, just the truth.
the truth is Mickey Harte has dragged this county through enough muck. Time for change. Time for fresh ideas its time to go.

LeoMc

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 21, 2017, 07:50:00 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on March 21, 2017, 07:18:37 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on March 21, 2017, 11:07:52 AM
I gave at least 4 alternatives for a new manager and each one was shot down on here as though they were irrelevant.
I know you have mentioned big Mattie. His early season has not shown promise though on Sundays performance I would give him more time to prove himself.
Another one is O`Rourke. He has achieved some success but if your are looking free flowing attacking football I am not sure he would be an improvement.
ok i know man on man all out attacking football is prob not gonna happen in the modern game but if u watch cavan in the second half on sunday the way they got men behind the ball then when they turned it over they all broke up the field with conviction. they used the kick pass well when it was on to spread the play wide and also into the full forward which produced a few goal chances and a goal. i thought it was great to watch and maybe matties positivity is paying off.
Like I said lets give him a chance to prove himself. I wouldn't judge him either on his game v Tyrone not get carried away by his second half v Mayo. It would be great to see him have a good year and give us the option at the end of the year.

Fuzzman

What's the story with Teamtalkmag now allowed to broadcast games any more?
Is it the GAA that's stopping them? Why?
How do other channels like Armagh do it?

rabbit

Who would you fellas want as Tyrone manager if Mickey Harte was to step a side?

Canavan, Logan and Dooher?
Mattie McGleenan?
Malachy O'Rourke?
Who else?

Fuzzman

Joe Brolly
He would clean up our act and remove the bad smell that follows us around and get us back talking to RTE and be ready for the banquet

southtyronegael

Paddy tally must be on the shortlist now too.mattie is no1 choice though.