Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

an léirmheastóir

Why do people pick Morgan ahead of o Neill in their best 15?

square_ball

In my opinion Morgan is the better goalkeeper of the 2.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: an léirmheastóir on February 16, 2017, 05:30:38 PM
Why do people pick Morgan ahead of o Neill in their best 15?

Because Morgan is a much better keeper.

Look at O'Neill's bombscare show against Cavan last year.

Knock Yer Mucker In

And what about Morgan's two years ago V Kerry in the semis in Croker.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 18, 2017, 12:36:57 PM

I don't recall too many goalkeeping mistakes in Morgan. He's a better shot stopper than O'Neill, he's more commanding under the high ball than O'Neill, his kickouts are better. Much of the criticism with Morgan is because he's missed a fair few pressure fees in big games. That does not impact on his ability as a goalkeeper though.

Club boi

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 18, 2017, 01:47:58 PM

I don't recall too many goalkeeping mistakes in Morgan. He's a better shot stopper than O'Neill, he's more commanding under the high ball than O'Neill, his kickouts are better. Much of the criticism with Morgan is because he's missed a fair few pressure fees in big games. That does not impact on his ability as a goalkeeper though.

He gave Kerry several scores that day from those "better" kick outs

God14

How good was meyler there, poised for a big year. Super player

an léirmheastóir

More commanding than o Neill in the air? Seriously? Put a ball up between the two see who comes up with it. Better shot stopper? I don't think o Neill can be blamed for last year v Cavan that was a defensive nightmare for at least 2 of those goals. Morgan is deemed a better place kicker but I can remember several occasions where Morgan gifted teams scored with his kick outs i.e. Kerry two years ago Donegal few years ago mayo last year. I think o Neill is the better keeper but not by much. Either or really doesn't annoy me

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: an léirmheastóir on February 18, 2017, 09:03:49 PM
More commanding than o Neill in the air? Seriously? Put a ball up between the two see who comes up with it. Better shot stopper? I don't think o Neill can be blamed for last year v Cavan that was a defensive nightmare for at least 2 of those goals. Morgan is deemed a better place kicker but I can remember several occasions where Morgan gifted teams scored with his kick outs i.e. Kerry two years ago Donegal few years ago mayo last year. I think o Neill is the better keeper but not by much. Either or really doesn't annoy me

Did you even see O'Neill last season against Cavan? Everytime a ball came into the square he was flapping, Morgan is on a different level when it comes to dealing with balls in the square. 100% I would back Morgan every single time when it comes to dealing with a high ball into the square over O'Neill.

I think Morgan is a far better keeper, I think it's backed up by the fact we don't seem to concede goals when Morgan is in goal and we do when O'Neill is.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Club boi on February 18, 2017, 02:40:55 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 18, 2017, 01:47:58 PM

He gave Kerry several scores that day from those "better" kick outs

We also got a few scores from them as well. I can recall him hitting a kickout 60 yards to Meyler who tapped it down to McAliskey on the run who scored an excellent effort.

When you see Cluxton having a meltdown with Kerry last year, coughing up 2 goals in a few minutes Hennelly constantly costing Mayo, Paul Durcan throwing an All Ireland for Donegal in 2012. I think we've been quite well served by Morgan in the past few years.

RedHandTom

Great day for Tyrone football. Ranch win Sigerson and led by key Tyrone men. Managed by Paddy Tally too.

In hiding

Quote from: seanmc123 on January 27, 2017, 12:57:02 PM
For me Myler has done nothing this past 2 years for club or county to warrant a start.

I had to go looking for this at this time of the morning. seanmc123 from Dromore, football isn't really your thing is it ?

Why does your profile say club ... omagh ?

In hiding

Quote from: seanmc123 on January 27, 2017, 01:38:59 PM
Oh and InHiding you know fuckkkkkk alllll about football hossssss

lol join the club

never kickt a ball

Quote from: God14 on February 18, 2017, 04:29:32 PM

How many games has he played in the last couple of weeks? Anybody list them? Some shift!!!

square_ball

Quote from: never kickt a ball on February 19, 2017, 05:55:32 PM
Quote from: God14 on February 18, 2017, 04:29:32 PM

How many games has he played in the last couple of weeks? Anybody list them? Some shift!!!

I think in Meylers case the more games the better! He was outstanding yesterday. McGeary as well I thought was very good. I'd like to see him get a few outings in the NFL he is a class act. I think he is definitely a Mickey Harte kind of player could play anywhere from 5-12.