Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Club boi on August 09, 2016, 07:37:19 PM
Quote from: Tyroneforsam on August 09, 2016, 07:12:34 PM
Quote from: longballin on August 09, 2016, 03:59:34 PM
Police hunt for linesman attacker. Boys oh!! http://ulsterherald.com/2016/08/09/linesman-hospitalised-after-gaa-match-attack-in-tyrone/

Nice of our derrytresk friends to get the Brits involved :)

So Tyroneforsam if your walking down the street and some fella belts you one from behind, leaves you having to attend hospital would you let him away with it???

Street/Bar/Gaa Pitch. Assault is Assault and the culprit should be brought to justice. If anything Pomeroy should be to blame here for not giving up the fella's name and therefore it wouldn't have made it to the papers this way

It happens week in week out on the gaa field, catch yourself on! Never before have I heard of the Brits getting involved in a scuffle that happened on a gaa pitch!

Gaffer

Police hunt for linesman attacker. Boys oh!! http://ulsterherald.com/2016/08/09/linesman-hospitalised-after-gaa-match-attack-in-tyrone/

Woooo.......Big hard Tyroneforsam. Gonna free Ireland all by himself!!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Gaffer

So Tyroneforsam if your walking down the street and some fella belts you one from behind, leaves you having to attend hospital would you let him away with it???

Street/Bar/Gaa Pitch. Assault is Assault and the culprit should be brought to justice. If anything Pomeroy should be to blame here for not giving up the fella's name and therefore it wouldn't have made it to the papers this way

Correct!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

tc_manchester

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 09, 2016, 07:41:30 PM
A potential forward line for next year doesn't look too bad, assuming Sean isn't around or could be used as an impact sub...
10. Richie Donnelly
11 Niall Sludden
12. Conor Meyler
13. Lee Brennan
14. Cathal McShane
15. Mark Bradley (I think he could do more damage inside and is more accurate than he has shown so far)
Benny - Mattie Donnelly has to be full forward. He can score 2-3 a match from midfield. I'd expect 3-4 of him from full forward plus he's very creative. Think of the pass to put Skeet in plus the pass to Ronan O'neill in the league final. Richie could replace him in midfield

BennyHarp

Quote from: tc_manchester on August 09, 2016, 09:20:04 PM
A potential forward line for next year doesn't look too bad, assuming Sean isn't around or could be used as an impact sub...
10. Richie Donnelly
11 Niall Sludden
12. Conor Meyler
13. Lee Brennan
14. Cathal McShane
15. Mark Bradley (I think he could do more damage inside and is more accurate than he has shown so far)
Benny - Mattie Donnelly has to be full forward. He can score 2-3 a match from midfield. I'd expect 3-4 of him from full forward plus he's very creative. Think of the pass to put Skeet in plus the pass to Ronan O'neill in the league final. Richie could replace him in midfield

Possibly worth a go, without Sean we are looking a bit weak inside. I just wonder would he get too easily bottled up in FF given the defensive nature of most teams. I'm thinking of the job Chris McKeague done on him a few years ago. Much easier to get him on the ball from midfield. For me, McShane will offer a bit of power as a possession winner as he develops.
That was never a square ball!!

redzone

We def have loads of options for next year for sure.

If anyone from Derry is reading this don't f**king bother giving us your views ok

quit yo jibbajabba

:o ;D ;D ;D

The rage is strong with this one

Club boi

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on August 09, 2016, 09:15:38 PM

It happens week in week out on the gaa field, catch yourself on! Never before have I heard of the Brits getting involved in a scuffle that happened on a gaa pitch!

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/gaelic-footballer-jailed-for-assault-on-opponent-1.1656676

Il Bomber Destro

10. Richie Donnelly
11 Niall Sludden
12. Conor Meyler
13. Lee Brennan
14. Cathal McShane

I'd have McCurry inside over Bradley, I think he is much more accurate and capable of taking scores, I think in the modern game Bradley works better out the pitch - he didn't get too many opportunities this year.

In that situation who would you envisage on the right footed frees?

I also think McShane's decision making when bottled up is very poor, how many times have we seen him taking shots on from ridiculous angles and sending them miles wide when he should be patient and looking to probe for the opportunity.

I think the problem with McCurry and O'Neill is that they are finishers and they are being required to win their own ball too much which doesn't allow them to get the time and space to have shots off. If we had a guy in their who we could knock it in direct every so often and be able to get him to feed those two I think we would get a lot more out of them.

What options have we here? McShane, Donnelly, Cavanagh are all much better further out the field and are not natural full forwards.

We have guys like Niall McKenna, Danny McNulty and Patrick Quinn but there would be question marks over them at this level. Personally I'd like to see us give one of these guys a good run in the league and see if they can make an impression. We need that other dimension to our game right now.

Tyroneforsam

What we need is a man in the full foward line that's going to guarantee us 6/7 points a match and a reliable free taker. The way we play at the moment makes it nearly impossible for our full foward to get into the game never mind score 6/7 points. Conor McAliskey spends more time tracking back, tackling than than where he should be, infront of the goals. A few people have already mentioned Danny McNulty, surely he's worth a go. Big, strong and very accurate from placed balls.

Redhandallstar

Quote from: sambostar on August 08, 2016, 09:12:40 PM
Second game in a row the opposition catch the 2nd half throw-in clean, run forward, quick pass & score. Why doesn't Sean jump for the throw-in? Mattie doesn't have the aerial ability.

Small point maybe but major impact when you lose by 1pt
mattie didn't start 2nd half Ulster final  black card

Helpline

Tyrone need catchers, kickers and old fashioned finishers- keep it simple and the scores will come. Too much and too many read into tactics these days.. >:(
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Helpline on August 12, 2016, 12:18:56 PM
Tyrone need catchers, kickers and old fashioned finishers- keep it simple and the scores will come. Too much and too many read into tactics these days.. >:(
Head to Healt Park on the 2nd of September and watch Cahir McCullagh in action.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 14, 2016, 04:03:19 PM
Quote from: Helpline on August 12, 2016, 12:18:56 PM
Head to Healt Park on the 2nd of September and watch Cahir McCullagh in action.

Catch yourself on !!!

Helpline

Its a pity Aiden Cassidy will miss the SFC - he fits the bill.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse