Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

There was a U21 who really impressed me but I can't mind their name now.

Nearly sure he was an Ardboe man. Looked an option to me.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

WBF

Michael Cassidy was it Norf?

On Johnny getting called up he is more than good enough to be given his chance! Saying he isn't strong enough you obviously haven't watched many of the games this year? He makes at least 3-5 big hits a game for Carrickmore! He is surprisingly strong and with the Strength and conditioning from Tyrone seniors he will no doubt gain more muscle as well! Will be a huge loss for Carrickmore now through out the league if he stays on the panel.

LeoMc

Quote from: superstar_ on November 12, 2015, 09:44:58 PM
Johnny Munroe probably is good enough player to make the squad but cant see an obvious role for him in the first team or off the bench, but this time last year i would have said something similiar about Rory Brennan, Conall McCann and Richie Donnelly when they were called up, so i will give him the benefit of the doubt.
Niall Sludden is bound to get a call up and hopefully Dwayne Quinn and PJ Laverty are brought back into the fold.
Kieran McGeary, Ruairi Mullan, Paudy Hampsey and Kieran McLaughlin also deserve the call up, although unfortunately cant see Hampsey getting the opportunity in the next two years anyway....

Quote from: Gaffer on November 12, 2015, 11:50:35 PM
Hampsey called up by Harte. 

Gaafan2

Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 12, 2015, 11:16:08 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on November 12, 2015, 10:30:35 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on November 12, 2015, 04:03:47 PM
Quote from: tv pundit on November 12, 2015, 03:16:48 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on November 12, 2015, 03:08:04 PM
Quote from: GaelTheGael on November 12, 2015, 12:58:38 PM
I heard Johnny Munroe from Carrickmore has been called up to the senior panel after the league final on Sunday.
Any word on anyone else getting called up?

Don't think he's strong enough or good enough for county football.
I think he is good enough
For someone to think that johnny munroe is not good enough or strong enough to play county football is ridiculous.  You havent seen him play much this year? Carrickmores best player by a long way (i know some of the smart assed knowledgeable people in this might say 'that wouldnt be hard').  I would have him on may team everyday day of the week over Aidan McCrory.

Your looking through your carrickmore tinted glasses. I don't think it's ridiculous to say he's not good enough. As the previous poster stated, there's quite a few men who are more worthy of a call up. He never stood out as a future tyrone senior whilst playing for minors or u21s.

Would you consider any of you're Greencastle men worthy of a Tyrone trial at the minute? That is if you can get them out of Eddie McCullaghs!

No I don't consider any of our men good enough at the moment and never have I made the suggestion! Carrickmore men are taking great offence at my opinion on Monroe. Like it or not, there's at least 6/7 men in the county who I believe are ahead of Monroe.

The Golden Years

Quote from: gaafan2 on November 13, 2015, 08:41:48 AM
I heard Johnny Munroe from Carrickmore has been called up to the senior panel after the league final on Sunday.

For someone to think that johnny munroe is not good enough or strong enough to play county football is ridiculous.  You havent seen him play much this year? Carrickmores best player by a long way (i know some of the smart assed knowledgeable people in this might say 'that wouldnt be hard').  I would have him on may team everyday day of the week over Aidan McCrory.

Your looking through your carrickmore tinted glasses. I don't think it's ridiculous to say he's not good enough. As the previous poster stated, there's quite a few men who are more worthy of a call up. He never stood out as a future tyrone senior whilst playing for minors or u21s.

Would you consider any of you're Greencastle men worthy of a Tyrone trial at the minute? That is if you can get them out of Eddie McCullaghs!

No I don't consider any of our men good enough at the moment and never have I made the suggestion! Carrickmore men are taking great offence at my opinion on Monroe. Like it or not, there's at least 6/7 men in the county who I believe are ahead of Monroe.

Dont think anybody is taking offence but just stating how highly rated he is within the club and that he is certainly deserving of a place in the county squad. Having watched Johnny and other established county stars down the years within our club, i think he has the potential to be as good any of the lads that have wore the county jersey from our club. This is my opinion. Can you name the 6/7 men you reckon are ahead of him as a matter of interest? 

50fiftyball

Unless young Mullan is developed into a good tight man marker to slot in at corner back I can't see him being worthy. Didn't particularly impress for Cookstown in any games I saw him this year, although his pace and fitness levels are scary.

He was great man marker in the U21 success, always out in front.

Gaafan2

Quote from: The Golden Years on November 13, 2015, 09:54:42 AM

Dont think anybody is taking offence but just stating how highly rated he is within the club and that he is certainly deserving of a place in the county squad. Having watched Johnny and other established county stars down the years within our club, i think he has the potential to be as good any of the lads that have wore the county jersey from our club. This is my opinion. Can you name the 6/7 men you reckon are ahead of him as a matter of interest?

Its understandable your going to defend your club colleague but it doesn't mean that your right. Everybody's entitled to have an opinion and that's mine. I would count Michael Cassidy, Ruairi Mullan, Kieran McGeary, Dwayne Quinn, Padraig Hampsey, Ruairi Kelly and Niall Sludden all ahead of him for a spot in the defence.

WBF

IMO none of them players listed are any better than Johnny Munroe, To be honest I feel they would all be very evenly matched and maybe Niall Sludden slightly ahead of the rest of them.

TF15

Sludden is a good bit ahead of Munroe. He's too good a player to just play club. Him and Hampsey I think could make a significant mark on the side.

The Golden Years

Quote from: gaafan2 on November 13, 2015, 10:33:18 AM

Its understandable your going to defend your club colleague but it doesn't mean that your right. Everybody's entitled to have an opinion and that's mine. I would count Michael Cassidy, Ruairi Mullan, Kieran McGeary, Dwayne Quinn, Padraig Hampsey, Ruairi Kelly and Niall Sludden all ahead of him for a spot in the defence.

Can i asked on what basis are you basing your opinion on that these fellas are ahead of Johnny? I am not doubting that these lads are good footballers but after watching a lot of club football this year and seeing most of these lads play I rate johnny better than most if not all.  I know you think i am looking at this through rose tinted glasses but believe me, this is not an opinion just based on my club loyalties.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Young Munroe was excellent against us last week, worth a call up. However when he was at full back he never won a ball off Mc Nulty, he was then moved to the middle where he excelled.

Gaafan2

Quote from: The Golden Years on November 13, 2015, 11:09:07 AM

Can i asked on what basis are you basing your opinion on that these fellas are ahead of Johnny? I am not doubting that these lads are good footballers but after watching a lot of club football this year and seeing most of these lads play I rate johnny better than most if not all.  I know you think i am looking at this through rose tinted glasses but believe me, this is not an opinion just based on my club loyalties.

I'm not the only one that thinks these 7 lads are capable of playing county football, there's a broad consensus that they should and will be called up. Four of the lads I mentioned starred in defence on the Tyrone U21 All Ireland winning side this year. Ruairi Kelly was a used substitute on the same side and has put in some great performances for Trillick at full back on their way to an Ulster semi final. Both Quinn and Sludden have played on O'Neill cup winning sides recently and are considered by many as mainstays of their respective team. I must admit I've only seen Monroe play twice this year but on both occasions he didn't stand out as county standard. If we're going to be serious about challenging for an All Ireland I'm afraid Monroe is not the answer.

blewuporstuffed

How much did Michael Cassidy play for Ardboe this year?
Granted he did well for the under 21s, but I believe he played very little club football all year.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

WT4E