Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knock Yer Mucker In

Is this the end game for Mickey, a figure that has courted controversy from Glencull/Ballygawley episode, to how he got the Tyrone job after Mc Rory/Mc Kenna were appointed/sacked, to not speaking to RTE and how its impacts on sponsors rights and allowed Tyrone to be verbally hung drawn and quartered on the Sunday game and as a result how we are now viewed due to that unchallenged position. Maybe this is how it should end, in controversy. Personally it would be shocking if he wasn't reappointed after Tyrones championship season, definitely no one better in the county.

Norf Tyrone

He'll be reappointed.

The County board just following due process.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

barelegs

I don't know about following due process but there were a number of issues earlier in the year that need ironed out. It's better that those issues are dealt with now between the board and the management teams so the same issues don't crop up again. The buck stops with the county board, not the county manager.

I think Mickey Harte will be the Tyrone manager next year, but were he to leave the sky wouldn't fall in. It didn't fall in on Dublin when Pat Gilroy left and it didn't fall in on Kerry when Jack O'Connor left.

Bo Man

harte will be roaded shortly. Raisin jordan has him by the balls.  shes keeping the money men will be happy.

God14

"money men" happy? Seamus mcaleer and eamonn laverty not one bit annoyed about Tyrone not speaking to rte. That was the previous sponsors. 100per cent sure on that. Mickey's job is definitely on the line but he has enough support to pull through for another term it seems.

Sunny Day

I think it is completely ridiculous that Mickey Harte & Co hasn't been ratified by Tyrone County Board.  Mickey has started a process of building a new team and it would be my thinking that he should be granted a further 2 years at the helm.  Madness it is.  McAleer and Rushe I would assume don't win multi million pound projects because they sponsor Tyrone GAA Team.  Their winning of Projects are based on their Price Scoring , their Quality Scoring and finally their past Experience Scoring.  Sponsoring a Tyrone senior team or Mickey Harte not speaking to RTE would have zero influence on winning projects nationally or internationally.  I hope Tyrone CB do the correct thing and appoint Mickey Harte and don't follow the mistakes of other counties. Football is at the heart of matters, not RTE and not sponsors.  The last thing we need is a media frenzy of how we conduct our internal affairs. 

longballin

Could do with losing Gavin Devlin a loose cannon

smort

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: Sunny Day on September 02, 2015, 02:48:26 PM
I think it is completely ridiculous that Mickey Harte & Co hasn't been ratified by Tyrone County Board.  Mickey has started a process of building a new team and it would be my thinking that he should be granted a further 2 years at the helm.  Madness it is.  McAleer and Rushe I would assume don't win multi million pound projects because they sponsor Tyrone GAA Team.  Their winning of Projects are based on their Price Scoring , their Quality Scoring and finally their past Experience Scoring.  Sponsoring a Tyrone senior team or Mickey Harte not speaking to RTE would have zero influence on winning projects nationally or internationally.  I hope Tyrone CB do the correct thing and appoint Mickey Harte and don't follow the mistakes of other counties. Football is at the heart of matters, not RTE and not sponsors.  The last thing we need is a media frenzy of how we conduct our internal affairs.

+1

Totally agree. And as you say, this team has been put together by Micky, a totally new group and he should be given the time to finish out what he started, no better man for it
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Sunny Day

Funny enough I have never heard a negative comment regarding Gavin Devlin either directly or indirectly from any present squad member.  I would assume he has his attributes and brings a bit of 'edge' to the back room team. 

Moortown Spuds

The lady at the head had a successor annointed months ago. She will end up with egg on her face though.

longballin

aye they didn't see this run to semi final coming...  :-[   difficult to cut Harte loose now...

In hiding

Quote from: Sunny Day on September 02, 2015, 03:29:33 PM
Funny enough I have never heard a negative comment regarding Gavin Devlin either directly or indirectly from any present squad member.  I would assume he has his attributes and brings a bit of 'edge' to the back room team.
Im sure you do alright gavin

sam03/05

Time to get rid of the idiots in key positions on the county board, they have made a mess of pretty much everything in recent times, everything from fixtures to the reappointment of successful winning All Ireland managers. Harte / Logan / Canavan /Dooher deserve to be treated with a bit more respect.
The County is being run by a shower of idiots - what ever meetings needed should have took place last week and the deals rubber stamped last night.

LeoMc

I had always said we should hold on to Mickey until we had a better option, someone who had brought a successful team through U21. We have that now. I have always felt that Danny Ball was given his chance too late. If he had got bringing his double winning team through in 94/95 before they were smashed on the rocks in 95/96 we could have had our first all Ireland a lot quicker. This thinking has always coloured my view.
If we went out in the q finals the call was an easy one.
If we won it (or even reached the final) it was an easy decision.
The silk purse out of a sows ear Mickey has made out of this years panel has left me in 2 minds.
In an ideal world Mickey would win an all Ireland next year and bow out to be replaced by Fergal coming in on the back of a 2nd u21 title.
But this is real life. Can Mickey integrate more u21s or would Fergal be more likely to bring them through?
How much loyalty do the squad have to Mickey? Would we lose players if he went?