Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goals_Will_Come

Any word on any new faces at trials outside of Coney, McGuigan and McCurry?

southtyronegael

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on November 27, 2018, 09:28:13 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on November 26, 2018, 11:12:10 PM
munroe missed the mc kenna cup final in 2017 cause he had a ski holiday booked. after that harte left him on the bench for league games and started aiden mc crory in games instead. things eventually came to a head and munroe blew harte out.

Munore started the first game of the 2017 league.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2017/0205/850301-tyrone-roscommon/
yeah Monroe took off, Mc crory brought on. That was the beginning of the end.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on November 27, 2018, 01:07:41 PM

Heard 2 of the best performances at the trial was Grugan and Murray!
A lot of talk about men coming in, this isnt going to happen until the panel is trimmed also we must remember, who can we see leavin the panel, Harte has stated that all of last years panel are remaining on the squad.

Will the likes of McCarron/McCrory stay on?
McHugh will be out for the year so that'll open up a spot,
How long will Skeet be out for?
Will R Sludden stay on it and get his chance?
Benny Gallen is in the panel, for me he's the best keeper in Tyrone, will Morgan stay as I see he back with Dungannon Swifts again?
Does Morgan going by performances probably deserves a chance at outfield?

TyroneOnlooker

Is Gallen any better than existing keepers or is it simply that his outfield runs makes him stand out as being a bit different? Realistically that's not goin to happen at county level where stakes are too high. Yes he hits a free but so does Morgan. So based on goal keeping in the traditional sense is he any better than Morgan or O'Neill? What happened your man Fox from Killyclogher who was about the squad, has he disappeared?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 27, 2018, 02:38:34 PM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on November 27, 2018, 09:28:13 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on November 26, 2018, 11:12:10 PM
munroe missed the mc kenna cup final in 2017 cause he had a ski holiday booked. after that harte left him on the bench for league games and started aiden mc crory in games instead. things eventually came to a head and munroe blew harte out.

Munore started the first game of the 2017 league.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2017/0205/850301-tyrone-roscommon/
yeah Monroe took off, Mc crory brought on. That was the beginning of the end.

Your argument as usual ruined by facts! I remember having high hopes for Munroe going into that year's national league and he struggled badly in that first game before being rightfully took of. But he did get more time during the league. So the ski trip story doesn't add up.

I do think he had plenty to offer and a pity he can no longer commit. Good  to see boys like grugan and coney looking back involved and harte giving them a chance. There are certainly 4 or 5 players at the trials that could improve the panel.

RedHand88

Which mccurry is it?

ose 14

good to see some proper footballers and forwards too in coney mcguigan grugan and mccurry and hopefully canavan. maybe mickey is finally going to set a team up to have a go rather than die on their knees and leave us all wondering. time for this management team to step up.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on November 27, 2018, 03:28:10 PM

Heard 2 of the best performances at the trial was Grugan and Murray!
A lot of talk about men coming in, this isnt going to happen until the panel is trimmed also we must remember, who can we see leavin the panel, Harte has stated that all of last years panel are remaining on the squad.

Will the likes of McCarron/McCrory stay on?
McHugh will be out for the year so that'll open up a spot,
How long will Skeet be out for?
Will R Sludden stay on it and get his chance?
Benny Gallen is in the panel, for me he's the best keeper in Tyrone, will Morgan stay as I see he back with Dungannon Swifts again?
Does Morgan going by performances probably deserves a chance at outfield?

In the first drawn playoff game between Aghyaran and Dungannon recently, Dungannon equalised with the last play of the game via a high ball into the square that Paddy Quinn fisted to the net under very little pressure. I thought Gallen should've dealt with it and came out to take ball, man and all. If the same thing had happened in an important Tyrone game Morgan would've been crucified. Gallen has a long way to go before it can be said he's the best keeper in Tyrone although I would agree that he deserves a shot on the panel - where that leaves Mickey O'Neill, who knows?

In relation to Morgan, giving him a go outfield is an interesting one. If he was just another player and was being judged solely on his performances in the club championship this year there would definitely be people clamouring for him to be on the county panel. Personally though I can't see it happening, I think he has generally been a solid keeper for us and Harte will still consider him first choice.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on November 27, 2018, 04:44:54 PM
Is Gallen any better than existing keepers or is it simply that his outfield runs makes him stand out as being a bit different? Realistically that's not goin to happen at county level where stakes are too high. Yes he hits a free but so does Morgan. So based on goal keeping in the traditional sense is he any better than Morgan or O'Neill? What happened your man Fox from Killyclogher who was about the squad, has he disappeared?

Morgan can hit a free yes but more often than most it doesnt go over, where as gallen's normally do, check out teamtalks action from the wkend even with Gallen hittin 2 monsters over but yes he'll have to prove it on a big day with the pressure on. Also outfield runs dont happen in County football you say? Have you not seen Rory Beagan? Whos to say Gallen cant be that good aswel, he's a flying machine on the ball! But yes apart from all this his kickouts are pin point and he can hit them 55/60 Metres with accuracy and also he's a good shot stopper, although I would prob say Morgan at the minute is a better shot stopper but you ahve to take everything into consideration and not just this! For competition alone its good to have him in to compete with Morgan, Fox still playing away, was in America in the summer but was back playin for KC after and done goals in the County final

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: the_daddy on November 28, 2018, 10:18:37 AM
From what I've seen, Lorcan Quinn will take over the number 1 jersey from Morgan when the time comes.

No he will take over from Gallen..

GlenMan

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on November 28, 2018, 10:49:00 AM
From what I've seen, Lorcan Quinn will take over the number 1 jersey from Morgan when the time comes.

No he will take over from Gallen..

There's only 2 years age difference between them so unlikely. Lorcan Quinn is a much better keeper than Gallen anyway.

GaelTheGael

I would agree that Quinn is in the best position to take over from Morgan in due course, enormous potential with him.
Dont see Gallen as any improvement on O'Neill nevermind Morgan and his out field contributions won't be allowed for Tyrone either. In the Tyrone championship this year the most impressive keeper was probably Peter Donnelly, which says alot about the depth of Goalkeeper outside of Morgan and O'Neill in Tyrone at the minute.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: GaelTheGael on November 28, 2018, 07:51:00 PM
I would agree that Quinn is in the best position to take over from Morgan in due course, enormous potential with him.
Dont see Gallen as any improvement on O'Neill nevermind Morgan and his out field contributions won't be allowed for Tyrone either. In the Tyrone championship this year the most impressive keeper was probably Peter Donnelly, which says alot about the depth of Goalkeeper outside of Morgan and O'Neill in Tyrone at the minute.

You have to be on the wind up.

rrhf

Morgan was one of the best performers outfield in the Tyrone championship this year. Tremendous mobility and drive. Would love to see how he would get on in a game or 2 outfield.

sam03/05

Galen excellent Kickouts off both feet, great range of long and short.
Brilliant shot stopper, especially in one on ones - not bad in air.
Can come out and link up play - all top keepers will be doing this in 5-7 years time ( like Beggan) - He will make the odd high profile mistake ( but also kick a few great scores)
Accurate free taker from distance.
He is a top talent - however he is 3-4 years away from beingTyrone No1
That's a position that takes a lot of experience. He was st school this time last year. So it's early for him.