The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

johnnycool

Quote from: mackers on March 09, 2021, 01:53:42 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 09, 2021, 10:32:26 AM
Looks like Klopp is off to the German National team.
Klopp denying this

Course he is.

He hasn't had an interview in a German paper criticising Liverpool not backing him in the January transfer window yet.

laoislad

Very comfortable win, scored 2 and could have scored 3 or 4 if not more.
Don't care who we get in the 1/4 Final.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Liverpool should play all their games away from Anfield. That'll keep Klopp in a job
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

A 4 goal win over 2 legs against a team who were semi finalists last year and took out United this year as well. We are still in this competition.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 10, 2021, 10:08:13 PM
A 4 goal win over 2 legs against a team who were semi finalists last year and took out United this year as well. We are still in this competition.

With that form Liverpool should hammer City
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Hopefully that convinces Klopp to keep Fabinho in midfield.

Phillips is doing rightly for a "Championship level" player. Leave him there with Kabak and stop weakening more than one area of the team.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 10, 2021, 10:09:33 PM

You worry about your team tomorrow night in the the "Thursday Night Football" against the 7 times champions of Europe.
You have no say on the big boy football.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on March 10, 2021, 10:40:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 10, 2021, 10:09:33 PM

You worry about your team tomorrow night in the the "Thursday Night Football" against the 7 times champions of Europe.
You have no say on the big boy football.

Can hook you with a paper rod!!

HiMucker

Quote from: J70 on March 10, 2021, 10:20:12 PM

Phillips is doing rightly for a "Championship level" player. Leave him there with Kabak and stop weakening more than one area of the team.
I'm not a Liverpool supporter but I think the punditry during matches towards Phillips is completely patronising and disrespectful. He's been good anytime I've seen him play. He's a solid premier League standard centre half.

J70

Quote from: HiMucker on March 10, 2021, 11:06:42 PM

I'm not a Liverpool supporter but I think the punditry during matches towards Phillips is completely patronising and disrespectful. He's been good anytime I've seen him play. He's a solid premier League standard centre half.

He's not quick, and so not a long term solution for Klopp's system, but he's easily a Premier League level squad player. He could be a starter at some clubs, especially those that need to sit deep.

He's not let Liverpool down, that's for sure.

TabClear

Quote from: J70 on March 10, 2021, 11:19:39 PM

He's not quick, and so not a long term solution for Klopp's system, but he's easily a Premier League level squad player. He could be a starter at some clubs, especially those that need to sit deep.

Spot on. He is exactly the kind of player that Liverpool have struggled against. Stick him in a back 4 that defends on the edge of teh box and he will win everything in the air and is a very good tackler. As long as you are not defending high and giving the forward the chance to get one on one with him or get him turned. Unfortunately that is how Liverpool play so longterm I suspect he will not play much but i could see a few clubs making bids for him in the summer.

Fabinho back in midfield is a must from now on. We also saw what we have missed with Jota in the last two games, he is so direct it causes a different problem for defenders. Kabak was decent last night ( as he should be for a player who has been given a £25m price tag!) but he still looks a bit impulsive to me. Shave the head and it would be like watching Sktrel. I think he will develop but I dont think he is the answer. On Centre Backs in general, the two Leipzig CBs are both very highly rated and linked with a lot of leading clubs recently. Personally I thought they were average, strong yes but very poor on the ball. There are not too many VVDs out there.

johnnycool

Quote from: TabClear on March 11, 2021, 07:52:00 AM

Spot on. He is exactly the kind of player that Liverpool have struggled against. Stick him in a back 4 that defends on the edge of teh box and he will win everything in the air and is a very good tackler. As long as you are not defending high and giving the forward the chance to get one on one with him or get him turned. Unfortunately that is how Liverpool play so longterm I suspect he will not play much but i could see a few clubs making bids for him in the summer.

Fabinho back in midfield is a must from now on. We also saw what we have missed with Jota in the last two games, he is so direct it causes a different problem for defenders. Kabak was decent last night ( as he should be for a player who has been given a £25m price tag!) but he still looks a bit impulsive to me. Shave the head and it would be like watching Sktrel. I think he will develop but I dont think he is the answer. On Centre Backs in general, the two Leipzig CBs are both very highly rated and linked with a lot of leading clubs recently. Personally I thought they were average, strong yes but very poor on the ball. There are not too many VVDs out there.

Klopp got two things right last night, fabinho into the midfield role and also playing Phillips as to counteract the big Red Bull striker. Phillips has his weaknesses but in the air isn't one of them.

As much as Liverpool were in control things might have gotten a bit jittery if the header that came off the crossbar had of went in then RBL could have sensed blood but fair play to Liverpool and the introduction from RBL of a few speedsters who initially caused some problems were quickly closed down and sorted out.

Premiership teams won't allow Liverpool the spaces that Mane and Salah were afforded last night, so a bit more ingenuity is still needed in the final third.

trueblue1234

Quote from: johnnycool on March 11, 2021, 12:33:53 PM
Quote from: TabClear on March 11, 2021, 07:52:00 AM

Klopp got two things right last night, fabinho into the midfield role and also playing Phillips as to counteract the big Red Bull striker. Phillips has his weaknesses but in the air isn't one of them.

As much as Liverpool were in control things might have gotten a bit jittery if the header that came off the crossbar had of went in then RBL could have sensed blood but fair play to Liverpool and the introduction from RBL of a few speedsters who initially caused some problems were quickly closed down and sorted out.

Premiership teams won't allow Liverpool the spaces that Mane and Salah were afforded last night, so a bit more ingenuity is still needed in the final third.

This is the reason why I'd be more confident of them in Europe than in the PL at the minute. They look clueless to breaking down teams. But in an open European game, I'd still fancy our miss-firing strikers to do some damage. Just a case of whether it'll be enough to off-set the goals conceded.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Armamike

Man City and Leeds are the only sides in the PL this season that haven't sat deep against Liverpool and closed down all the spaces. Most teams are sufficiently drilled with a decent goalie to get a result on that basis.  No issues with that, it's the reality Liverpool face and the issue they'll have to overcome sooner rather than later.
That's just, like your opinion man.