Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Quote from: Aristo 60 on January 30, 2020, 11:55:12 AM
Rois, have you ever done Magaluf or Benidorm? What can you tell us about those types of places  :P
Wouldn't be found dead in Tenerife or anywhere like that.

Aristo 60

You're just not old enough yet ...but time will tell  ;)

SamFever

Quote from: Aristo 60 on January 30, 2020, 11:55:12 AM
Rois, have you ever done Magaluf or Benidorm? What can you tell us about those types of places  :P
Rois would have been in her single life then. ;)

illdecide

Quote from: Taylor on January 29, 2020, 02:14:29 PM
Anyone recommend any family friendly resorts after flying in to Alicante.

Dont want to go near Benidorm but struggling to find elsewhere that has places to keep kids amused

Ive flown into Alicante the last 3 years in a row and stayed in torrvieja which is 40 mins from Alicante airport and is great for the kids, hire a car at the airport and drive in....easily done. Great spot for the kids, they'll love it

Water Park
Beach
Shopping Centres
Salt lakes

Loads to do
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Taylor

Quote from: illdecide on January 30, 2020, 05:06:28 PM

Dont want to go near Benidorm but struggling to find elsewhere that has places to keep kids amused

Ive flown into Alicante the last 3 years in a row and stayed in torrvieja which is 40 mins from Alicante airport and is great for the kids, hire a car at the airport and drive in....easily done. Great spot for the kids, they'll love it

Water Park
Beach
Shopping Centres
Salt lakes

Loads to do

What hotel/apartment did you stay in?

gallsman

Quote from: Dire Ear on January 30, 2020, 12:42:35 PM
Lloret de Mar, Costa Brava ?? Camping Cala Canyelles,   1st time there,  and with 2 children?

I don't know that camping but Lloret is an awful hole altogether.

Go to Tossa instead. Can highly recommend Camping Cala Llevado

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

For Dunreill again. Great spot

Dire Ear

Quote from: gallsman on January 31, 2020, 02:57:05 PM
Lloret de Mar, Costa Brava ?? Camping Cala Canyelles,   1st time there,  and with 2 children?

Booked now  :-\

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Helix. on January 25, 2020, 03:21:51 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 24, 2020, 12:47:37 PM
Quote from: Helix. on January 23, 2020, 08:05:35 PM
Anyone here done Cancun Mexico.  Looking to go in mid August for honeymoon but skeptical if hurricane season. Any tips greatly appreciated 👍🏻

Hurricane season starts June, but September onwards is when you'd be most likely. I was there prior, never seen anything but Blue Sky and that was at start of August. Some spot - Plenty of Americans making their presence known mind you which can be tiresome.

Assuming you'd be all inclusive, but eating out wasn't too bad either for a change. Food is fine, if not a bit Americanised at this stage. Local beers are 100% and you'd have no bother drinking them - It's pretty much luxury, as you've ones on the beach hauling cold drinks up and down all day too, especially if you go for a resort which advertises a private beach.

The markets can be a bit of headache to be honest, lovely for a walk about to break up the day but I found the locals to be very irritating....not leave you alone when you walk past stuff.

You'll be told about the show in Coco Bongos - make sure you do it, was excellent and you'll be waited on hand in foot if you go the VIP option.

Chichen Itza is must do, bit of a trek. But worth it. The jungle is good too, I enjoyed all that. You can do the swim with Dolphins and Sharks thing too - the latter I'm not ashamed to say I wanted nothing to do with.

Oh yes, it's warm....if you don't take the sun well be very careful. Especially on the old ankles....

Cheers for that! Humming and hawing to put down deposit for mid August for honeymoon. I hear mighty stuff.

I stayed in Hotel Riu, great spot if it comes up in your option.

Don Johnson

Magic Natura. Fly into Alicante and its about 40 min transfer. Its so good for families, its all separate bedroom lodges. The pools at the site are class but you also get unlimited access to their onside waterpark Aqua Natura and they have their own zoo Terra Natura.

We have been twice, our wee one loves it. They do a daily bus to Benidorm both visits we did one morning at the beach and then went back to the site we had enough Rangers tattoos. You could easy spend the whole week on site without going into Beni.

One of the infinity pools on site looks over the elephant enclosure in their zoo, my daughter loved that. The food was standard all inclusive but it changed daily and they were generous with the drinks.

Taylor

Quote from: Don Johnson on February 02, 2020, 11:17:48 PM

Magic Natura. Fly into Alicante and its about 40 min transfer. Its so good for families, its all separate bedroom lodges. The pools at the site are class but you also get unlimited access to their onside waterpark Aqua Natura and they have their own zoo Terra Natura.

We have been twice, our wee one loves it. They do a daily bus to Benidorm both visits we did one morning at the beach and then went back to the site we had enough Rangers tattoos. You could easy spend the whole week on site without going into Beni.

One of the infinity pools on site looks over the elephant enclosure in their zoo, my daughter loved that. The food was standard all inclusive but it changed daily and they were generous with the drinks.

The Magic range of hotels is good but looking for something different this year and struggling for any sort of place that suits kids

lurganblue

Quote from: gallsman on January 31, 2020, 02:57:05 PM

Agree with that. I had a brutal experience there and was only away with the lads for a stag fs!

Ed Hardy

Thinking of going to Lake Garda in September time with the wife and the new born, anyone been before? Where would good town/village to stay in?

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Ed Hardy on February 07, 2020, 09:20:20 PM
Thinking of going to Lake Garda in September time with the wife and the new born, anyone been before? Where would good town/village to stay in?

Was in Riva years ago. Right on the North of the lake. Would think you want to go somewhere in middle, to have equal access to all parts. Remember one particular afternoon in Garda....it was very sultry & we were sitting in a bar, waiting for the boat. Owner told us to come inside. Next thing....hailstones belting down & you couldn't see the harbour for a peasouper. 15 minutes later....all cleared. Unbelievable!! One other thing...do not fly into Milan...4 hour journey.  As far as I know....Verona is nearer.

armaghniac

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on February 07, 2020, 10:26:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Hardy on February 07, 2020, 09:20:20 PM

Was in Riva years ago. Right on the North of the lake. Would think you want to go somewhere in middle, to have equal access to all parts. Remember one particular afternoon in Garda....it was very sultry & we were sitting in a bar, waiting for the boat. Owner told us to come inside. Next thing....hailstones belting down & you couldn't see the harbour for a peasouper. 15 minutes later....all cleared. Unbelievable!! One other thing...do not fly into Milan...4 hour journey.  As far as I know....Verona is nearer.

Verona would be nearest, Bergamo on the way and Milan futher away.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B