ski Holiday any good ?

Started by the Deel Rover, September 28, 2007, 01:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Thinking of going on a ski holiday next year. Has any one been on one? Would you rate it better than a sun holiday? Would it be a nice holiday for a young family?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Bensars

The best holiday IMHO you can have.

I have been the 5 years .

Best to organise a good group as some people may advance faster than others.
Very family orientated and the kids will have a ball. Very social, totally different to summer holidays altogether.

Where you thinking of going ?

kinghen

i have never been myself, but im bein honest when i say that ANYONE i have spoken to that has, says its the best holiday they ever been on, and most now do it on a regular basis, im thinkin of goin myself in feb!!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: kinghen on September 28, 2007, 02:00:30 PM
i have never been myself, but im bein honest when i say that ANYONE i have spoken to that has, says its the best holiday they ever been on, and most now do it on a regular basis, im thinkin of goin myself in feb!!

The Fludger would know all about ski holidays - seeing as he lived in Whistler for 6 months

the Deel Rover

Don't know yet bensars, but one of my friends goes to Austria 2 a year and swears by them. Its just that the sun holidays drive me mental . Where have you been yourself
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Bensars

I was in Bulgaria the last 3 years. ( Pamporovo and Bankso) Avoid the later.

Very cheap however there was a notable hike in prices. Saying that its hard to spend £ 300 over the week on a full tilt session.

Andorra good as well.

Val d'sire is unreal and priced accordingly.

For a first time ski group i would recommend pamporovo based on slopes/drink/food. I always dealt through roberto at balkan tours in belfast. He is as cheap as is around ( excluding last second deals).

Give me a shout if youre considering it as i know a few of the hotels

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers

screenexile

For me no holiday will ever compare to the ski holiday I had. Awesome!

If you're looking to relax though stay away as they are hardcore!

As the man once said:

"You nearly need another holiday to get over the holiday!"

kinghen

the fludger would know alot about alot of holidays, his whole life has been a holiday!!  ;D he's just back from tenerife!!

Bensars

Quote from: screenexile on September 28, 2007, 02:26:57 PM
For me no holiday will ever compare to the ski holiday I had. Awesome!

If you're looking to relax though stay away as they are hardcore!

As the man once said:

"You nearly need another holiday to get over the holiday!"

Whare did ewe wans go te, screen ?

Deal_Me_In

Bensars,
Where in Andorra where you? Was thinking of going to Arinsal, heard it is supposed to be good and relatively cheap. Do Balkens do andorra? I thought they only done Bulgaris. Been to Pamporovo a couple of years ago, also in France last year (Les Deux Alps), they were unreeal but then we did pay for a bit extra.

screenexile

Went to Pas de la Casa 3 years ago. I've been dying to get back since but cicumstances have dictated otherwise.

We were all beginners but I'd say that there are better slopes for ski other than Pas. I'd like to try Bulgaria or Italy and somewhere with a few more ladies around to be honest. Apart from that the place we stayed was good, the bars were good and cheap and the food (in restaurants, not our hotel, YUCK!) was nice and quite reasonable. A good place for ski-ing virgins I'd say!

Bensars

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on September 28, 2007, 03:37:48 PM
Bensars,
Where in Andorra where you? Was thinking of going to Arinsal, heard it is supposed to be good and relatively cheap. Do Balkens do andorra? I thought they only done Bulgaris. Been to Pamporovo a couple of years ago, also in France last year (Les Deux Alps), they were unreeal but then we did pay for a bit extra.

Aye was in Arinsal/ Pal. 4years ago

Not a great nursery area for beginners.( Used on the 2-3 days)
Rest of resort/ slopes are avrage. Quite big wide runs half way up as well.
Bit boring if can ski but would be excellent for beginners/ novice skiers

Good, however dont book the hotel at the top of the hill. No problem going down to gondola but pain in the ass going back up the hill, usually still in salopettes and full.

Arinsal wasnt that much different from here in regards of food and drink. Spent a small fortune.

Small and compact with a few good pubs.

Mhic Easmuint

Sking is a first class holiday, a sun holiday doesn't compare at all.  Went skiing for the first time 2 years ago, then went twice last year and twice this year.  Have booked for January 26 of us going.  Great holiday to do in a group.

Been to Val Di Fassa, Les Deux Alpes, Alpe d'Huez, Pomporovo and Livigno.

Pomporovo was very cheap and Livigno is also cheap as it is a tax free resort.  Pomporovo be good if all beginners, wider range of skiing available in Livigno

A clip from one of our trips last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwrNOYgoyGo