The PEC

Started by Longshanks, October 08, 2008, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshanks

Thinking about joining as I live in Stranmillis about two minutes away, anyone know prices and how good it really is now?

Donagh

Quote from: Longshanks on October 08, 2008, 01:58:22 PM
Thinking about joining as I live in Stranmillis about two minutes away, anyone know prices and how good it really is now?

Staff or student?

Doohicky

Quote from: Donagh on October 08, 2008, 02:07:12 PM
Quote from: Longshanks on October 08, 2008, 01:58:22 PM

Staff or student?
Don't have to be either. You can join as a member of the public. No idea of prices though, but I am pretty sure it is much cheaper than joining other gyms.

Donagh

Staff £340 or £29 per month
Public £395 or £33 per month
Student £222 or £18 per month

Doogie Browser

Was this not a big story last week in the papers?  They have more than doubled their membership fees I think from last year.

Longshanks

I'd be a mature student by all accounts but I have the card...

Arthur_Friend

I wouldn't join, its a complete rip off and probably the most crowded gym in Belfast.

Want to downgrade your membership from all-inclusive to gym only? Twenty quid for the privilege. Explanation from girl at counter? I was expecting her to say its an admin fee but she said its 'cos we won't be getting as much money from you each month from now on.' I immediately cancelled my membership completely.

Also a friend of mine who is an all inclusive member wanted to play squash with a friend who is not a member. Nine quid fee for the nonmember for 1 hour. Ridiculous.

Also you can't even go early in the morning before work as it doesnt open until 7.30. All the other gyms in Belfast open at 6.30 or earlier. I could go on..............

screenexile

Yeah it used to be well worth it a few years ago it was like £1.20 a time with a student card but then LA Fitness and JJB and the rest are charging £30 and more/month for their gyms so why should the PEC lose out!

I think the facilities are just OK and you will get better for less in one of the aforementioned establishments as well as better service so I personally would go somewhere else!

Longshanks

See the PEC is handy to me and I was in LA fitness but I didnt find it that great and the steam room,sauna and Jacuzzi after a work out were always bloody broken (made my blood boil in did >:( >:( )

I was paying about £30 a month for LA fitness and it seems I can get it £25 a month with a student card for J/T in PEC and thought it was all re done recently?

rolloutking

Jesus lads just go in the back door at the football pitch

Last year it ws £4 a pop for the handball courts so the back door was frequented

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: rolloutking on October 08, 2008, 06:44:06 PM
Jesus lads just go in the back door at the football pitch

Last year it ws £4 a pop for the handball courts so the back door was frequented

Just watch the police don't get you after your last brush with the law!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

rolloutking

If anyone says anything just say "Aw i've never been here before, some man outside there told me this was the way in"

Last year i paid once and never used the wee barcode on the piece of paper and I have that incase anyone stops me

TacadoirArdMhacha

Booking football's gone up from about £20 last week to over £30 this year I think.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead