Laois Senior Footballers 2024

Started by les Antiques, December 31, 2023, 12:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The PRO

Poor enough game. London offered very little in attack and once the first goal broke them open it was a foregone conclusion.
Good to see the starting team mixed up a bit. Of those getting a chance, O'Flynn did very well and Dicey was quite good too.
We look almost certain to go up now but it would be nice to win the league final too. I think Longford might win that dogfight for second.

Blueforever

Footballers yesterday very poor centre of defence wide opened midfield non existent Murphy and Dempsey must be brutal if Lillis is first option off bench  could be a very short summer
Pitch in terrible state could no one tells Leitrim to warm up on terrace side as stand side was badly cut up only positive we are almost assured promotion don't think Offaly be shaking in there boots looking at that yesterday

Saint88

Early season fitness and new management bounce is probably wearing off now. Promotion to division 3 achieved which is great but the rest of the year could be a hard watch... hope not.

Jd

We were very poor Saturday evening but Leitrim probably wanted it a bit more. You saw the reaction at the end they treated it like an all Against the wind I think our keeper struggled a bit and kept kicking the short ones to the wettest place on the pitch where lads were struggling to hold their feet. A good few turnovers came from that.that kick has to be on the chest. We looked a bit exposed when Leitrim just lorried the ball in long and they probably left a few goals behind them. A poor result but hopefully not too costly

georgedoylesrightleg

kelly loss masive, flynn no cornerback. time to fire in bitta pace n youth now n stop bringin in tried trusted n failed from subs

les Antiques

We were poor Saturday and Leitrim and there followers were up for it.  Lacked urgency throughout.

Paul Kingston is our most natural forward by far. The rest are hit and miss. O'Carroll for such a talented footballer gets involved in too much nonsense throughout and I don't think it helps in any way. 

Niall Dunne and Kelly are definitely missed . Bringing on Lillis at midfield to gain some  influence was a strange one . Doesn't have the stamina anymore for that position even for 15/20 mins. More of a nuisance in the full forward line if anything. 

We will be in Division 3 next year but  the Offaly game in a few weeks in OMP will tell a lot about this team. 

Laois Rising

Bar the Leitrim game it has been a solid league campaign. With promotion pretty much in the bag I wonder were the squad put through a hard training week prior the Leitrim game. It might explain the performance, especially the last 15-20minutes where Leitrim were the far more energetic and lively team by the end. The test of this team will be the Offaly game and ensuring that they reach the latter stages of the Tailteann Cup where we show competitiveness against whoever we may face. 

Saint88

Quote from: Laois Rising on March 23, 2024, 02:39:21 PMBar the Leitrim game it has been a solid league campaign. With promotion pretty much in the bag I wonder were the squad put through a hard training week prior the Leitrim game. It might explain the performance, especially the last 15-20minutes where Leitrim were the far more energetic and lively team by the end. The test of this team will be the Offaly game and ensuring that they reach the latter stages of the Tailteann Cup where we show competitiveness against whoever we may face. 

A hard training week 🤦🏻�♂️. Who would do that. It's like something from 20 years ago. That would increase injury risk. They lost. Not good enough on the day. It's more likely that we were fitter that most early in the season and things are levelling out now.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Great to see us hitting 5 goals today in a game we were always going to win. The most important thing is that we kept going strong when we had a big lead, Laois teams in the past had a tendency to sit on a lead and more times than not got caught out when the opponent fought back.
On to Croker next Saturday and a great experience lying ahead for some of the squad who haven't played there before, that kind of thing is invaluable to young players. Let's hope we play to our best and give ourselves a great boost for the up and coming championship.
Well done all concerned...
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

County Man

Congratulations to our footballers on promotion to division 3.

Fermanagh, Kildare, Clare, Sligo, Antrim, Offaly, Laois and Leitrim will make up division 3 next year.

Didn't make it to today's game but 5-19 is some scoring!

Our full forward line of Mark Barry, Evan O'Carroll and Paul Kingston are very strong. They were excellent against Leitrim last week also with some fantastic scores especially in the first half.

My take on last weeks game was that Leitrim were ravenous, it was a championship game for them. We had the safety net of today's game and still could have got a draw with Mark Barry's free striking the post.

Ryan O'Rourke was brilliant for Leitrim last week so he will take watching in the division 4 final. Hopefully we will bring a crowd to Croke park because Leitrim certainly will! Back in 2019, they brought a massive crowd to their division 4 final v Derry. I'd be very confident that we will win next Saturday.

Looking ahead to championship, we have Offaly on April 13th. That should be a cracking local derby and a really good test. The aim would be to win that, try to give a good account of ourselves v Dublin and then have a good run in the Tailteann cup in May/June.

redsetanta

Credit where it's due. Promotion in his first campaign and back to Div 3.

Hopefully we have a decent run in the Tailteann Cup this year.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

recyclebin

Hope we get the win on Saturday and bring home a trophy. Living over here in Mayo and as Jimmy Sloyan would put it, I couldn't stand another loss to a team picked by Andy F*cking Moran! Twice in two years is enough.

A division 4 title is as it gets for the time being, we are still a good way from a division 3 or a Tailteann cup.

georgedoylesrightleg

In da final tomorro n not a peep, if we're not miserable n moanin we're not talkin. besta luck to lads tomorrow, National final in croker, tis wha tis about. hope plenty o young lads get run out, this is there chance now n gettin time in them is almost as important as anything else.

les Antiques

Best of luck lads today  . Great to get promotion and I think we will do Leitrim today.  I think the conditions will suit us better and there's definitely another kick in this Laois team .

SCFC

Good luck to the lads in a little under two  hours now.
Think the new players, Fitzpatrick, Dempsey, Heffernan have added a lot.
Hope the likes of Dunne, Fingleton and Murphy get some game time in Croker.