Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Hectic

Yesterday we showed character to come back and batter them until we made the breakthrough and preserve our invincibles tag after flying half way round the world and with a makeshift defence.

The concern though lies in the fact we are fielding makeshift defences game after game. We simply cannot afford not to have this addressed come the end of the window with a new quality and game ready centre back.

The other thing yesterday shows us is that if Aberdeen can be better than all the rest they will keep us honest this season as they have the potential to gather as many points as us in all fixtures except those against us.

What are the thoughts on playing at Ibrox before going to Anderlect in the Champions League. Again yesterday demonstrated the impact a big match can have on the following fixture.

Personally I think Anderlecht away is the pivotal game for us. While Sevco are no more than a Hearts or a Motherwell in terms of ability the game still represents a high inensity fixture. Do we rest up players for heading to Belgium?

illdecide

No you cannot and should not rest players going to the Cess pit, i know we have a big game a few days later but it shouldn't be a problem for players lifting themselves for those two fixtures. They can be rested the following weekend against lesser oposition and it shouldn't be too difficult to play 2 games in a week.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hectic

Last season after getting battered in Camp Nou and only commiting 3 fouls in the game Rodgers said that the adrenaline from the Sevco game the weekend had jaded the players.

I reckon we could go to Ibrox with the following team and win. I dont think they deserve any more respect:

Gordon
Gamboa
Bitton
Ajer
Miller
Hayes
Armstrong
McGregor
Eboue
Henderson
Forrest

Dobt think or expect we would make that many changes though.

Hectic

Im sure a few of you heard about GMS winding up in the river Kelvin the other night. Well ir appears he was assaulted in the nightclub beforehand. I got this information thanks to the Daily Rag which I normally avoid clicking on. It appears as well that he deserved to be assaulted and was lucky it did not happen earlier in the night. Seriously what are the standards of journalism these days that they can base a story around an eye witness account with the eyewitness clearly supporting the idea that someone drunk, acting the lig, and stumbling about is fair game for physical assault. It is a good reminder of the general standards of the press in Scotland.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/aberdeen-star-gary-mackay-steven-11073101

illdecide

With just under 2 hours to go it doesn't look like there is any activity around Celtic Park, we need a centre half badly.

Targetman

Confirmed the signing of Odsonne Edouard from PSG, a 19 year old centre forward but still no centre half

Over the Bar

Should've gone for Costa on loan til Christmas.   CL football for the wee loony toon to keep him sharp for his transfer to Athletico in the winter window and he's  good enough to give Celtic a slim chance at finishing in top two in CL group. 

Capt Pat

Celtic will now have to face Mbappe as well as Neymar in the PSG games. They really did need a new centre half.

ned

We need a centre back if we can improve on what we have, not just for the sake of it.
At present we have Simunovic, Sviatchenko, Boyata, Ajer, Lustig and at a push Bitton and Tierney who can play in a three centrally. Whether these lot are good enough is another matter but a new CB for PSG is really not going to make a difference.
Edouard could potentially be our record signing. That tells me that for the right player we are prepared to pay. Have you seen some of the dross we have signed in the past few years? Quality is what I want every time.

illdecide

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 31, 2017, 11:31:20 PM
Should've gone for Costa on loan til Christmas.   CL football for the wee loony toon to keep him sharp for his transfer to Athletico in the winter window and he's  good enough to give Celtic a slim chance at finishing in top two in CL group.

Yeah his £200k a week wages would have been easy paid

tonto1888

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 01, 2017, 02:12:06 AM
Celtic will now have to face Mbappe as well as Neymar in the PSG games. They really did need a new centre half.

What centre half could we have bought to keep those guys quiet

MoChara

Quote from: ned on September 01, 2017, 07:55:05 AM
We need a centre back if we can improve on what we have, not just for the sake of it.
At present we have Simunovic, Sviatchenko, Boyata, Ajer, Lustig and at a push Bitton and Tierney who can play in a three centrally. Whether these lot are good enough is another matter but a new CB for PSG is really not going to make a difference.
Edouard could potentially be our record signing. That tells me that for the right player we are prepared to pay. Have you seen some of the dross we have signed in the past few years? Quality is what I want every time.

This article shows the signings over the last 10 years, if you can remember all of them I'll be impressed.

http://celtsarehere.com/celtics-best-ever-summer-transfer-window/

ned

Quote from: MoChara on September 01, 2017, 09:42:21 AM
Quote from: ned on September 01, 2017, 07:55:05 AM

This article shows the signings over the last 10 years, if you can remember all of them I'll be impressed.

http://celtsarehere.com/celtics-best-ever-summer-transfer-window/

I know all those names but some in a "had blocked that from memory" type way! Was there a point to your post or just more of a why the eff did we sign him?

tonto1888

The only one o ant remember is the inter Milan guy under strachan in 2007

bennydorano

Ronni bought some stinkers. Johnny Hayes from Aberdeen tho, what's that about?