The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

QuoteAt one stage, it was - "Ye know, Michael.....Ah, sorry, you're not as good looking as Michael."

Yeah, that was really cringeworthy stuff alright. He's an awful dose.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: hardstation on June 17, 2008, 04:15:54 PM
Quote from: Uladh on June 17, 2008, 03:51:17 PM

Twas hard to pick that phrase out between all of the business and Grid iron speak the man rehershes and the high pitched "yeknow pat"s.
At one stage, it was - "Ye know, Michael.....Ah, sorry, you're not as good looking as Michael."

Pat was fairly quick off the mark with a corrective "Pat" when he called him Michael and as for that "you're not as good looking as Michael" wtf  :o Has the SG gone all bleeding metrosexual on us???

Quote from: Hardy on June 17, 2008, 03:48:12 PM
I hope I misheard this, but in a noisy pub in Dublin on Sunday night I thought I heard Tommy Lyons saying something about Armagh scoring "on the second phase". Please tell me I'm wrong.

Definitely remember him mumbling about "turn overs" alright, not so sure about "second phases", he's an awful plank.

Got a good laugh from Joanne making eyes at Dara O'Cinnede, yous don't stand a chance lads...  :D
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jinxy

The younger lads in general like O'Cinneide, Goggins, Connell (TV3) seem to be far more articulate and interesting to listen to. The likes of Davis, Lyons etc. just parrot cliches and I'm sick of listening to them at this stage. McStay is a pain in the arse but at least he makes the odd interesting point. As for big Anthony, as Superintendent Chalmers said about Principal Skinner, "The rod up that man's butt, must have a rod up it's butt!"
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Uladh on June 17, 2008, 03:51:17 PM
i love the way he has to refer to his notes to read out the name of thse who "he" thinks has played well. nice touch that.

I noticed that alright myself, Lyons isn't worst for that though, the award for that goes to Davis
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Louth Exile

Delayed because a game where they can't even score once in 120 minutes  ::)
I can rarely see the attraction of soccer these days, was an exciting shoot out though.
Just to pick one game, Wexford/Laois game had 30 scores in 70 minutes.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Tankie

Please stop bitching, i'd say that match got higher viewer numbers than the sunday game will get!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Louth Exile

Quote from: Tankie on June 22, 2008, 10:28:02 PM
Please stop bitching, i'd say that match got higher viewer numbers than the sunday game will get!

Does that mean the quality of the sport was better?? Probably does in your world  :D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Did Spillane look uncomfortable or what, after that Aprés Match skit!  ;D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Louth Exile

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 22, 2008, 10:51:43 PM

It was very funny and seemed to capture the essence of the man  :D

Owenmoresider

Seemed to be alright. God Jim Carney gets on my nerves.

I'll probably switch it off for a few mins after this. McStay's smug face after that could result in a TV being put beyond repair.

johnpower

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 22, 2008, 10:51:43 PM

Great sketch .dont worry it will only spur him on

Maguire01

Most likely, given the time The Sunday Game is pushed back to!
But alas, The Sunday Game didn't come on, at least not for those in the North needing VirginMedia to get RTÉ, as they never unblocked the reception following the soccer coverage.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Louth Exile on June 22, 2008, 10:25:50 PM
Delayed because a game where they can't even score once in 120 minutes  ::)
I can rarely see the attraction of soccer these days, was an exciting shoot out though.
Just to pick one game, Wexford/Laois game had 30 scores in 70 minutes.
you should have watched more of the euro championships then, they've been excellent, whilst tonight's game wasn't the best, in general they've been a refreshing level above that shite that sky tell us is the best in the world - the premiership!!!

Louth Exile

Quote from: Owenmoresider on June 22, 2008, 10:56:41 PM
I'll probably switch it off for a few mins after this. McStay's smug face after that could result in a TV being put beyond repair.

I can feel your pain, he didn't hold back with the boot, Bernie "bollixy hole" Flynn does the same with us!

At least he had the good manners to admit that it wasn't a penalty

Tankie

Quote from: Louth Exile on June 22, 2008, 10:45:02 PM

Does that mean the quality of the sport was better?? Probably does in your world  :D

god man open your eyes to the outside world!
Grand Slam Saturday!