Author Topic: The Sunday Game  (Read 421548 times)

From the Bunker

• View Profile
Re: The Sunday Game
« Reply #4980 on: August 28, 2017, 10:30:50 AM »
All 3 pundits bottled it last night re: the karate kid. I expected McGuigan to defend him but not the others.

As for Harte staying as long as he wants, he should decide etc. That's nonsense. If the same logic applied, David Moyes would still be at Man U.

Arsene Wenger is a better example.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: August 28, 2017, 10:37:53 AM »
I didn't see the evening show but the pundits on the afternoon show most definitely commented on the Cavanagh assault.

At the time I thought it was a late, reckless, dangerous challenge and well inside the red card territory but I don't agree with attributing intent or deliberation to Colm C's action, as Colm O'Rourke did.

Fat Angry Motorist

• View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: August 28, 2017, 10:42:29 AM »
I didn't see the evening show but the pundits on the afternoon show most definitely commented on the Cavanagh assault.

At the time I thought it was a late, reckless, dangerous challenge and well inside the red card territory but I don't agree with attributing intent or deliberation to Colm C's action, as Colm O'Rourke did.

Seriously?  You don't accidentally go in late with the studs showing, stomach high.  Shocking incident, deliberate attempt to injure the Dub player well deserving of a ban.
Give cyclists plenty of room.  It's the rules I tells ya!

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: August 28, 2017, 12:21:54 PM »
 Then you're a mind reader.
Afaia, Colm Cavanagh is a tough combative player but never a sc˙mbag, so he has my benefit of the doubt.

Owen Brannigan

• View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: August 28, 2017, 12:48:01 PM »
Afaia, Colm Cavanagh is a tough combative player but never a sc˙mbag, so he has my benefit of the doubt.

You need to look again at the tackle and the level of frustration being experienced by a player not just with the way the game was going but with the failure of his colleagues to play with an equal level of intensity.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: August 28, 2017, 12:53:15 PM »

Whether CC is normally a dirty player or not, it's a red card all day long.

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: August 28, 2017, 05:48:44 PM »

It was about as blatant a red card as you're likely to see. The 'he's not that type of player' is no defence against the incident.

macdanger2

• View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: August 28, 2017, 11:25:04 PM »
Decent bit of analysis on TSG last night actually, fair enough it wasn't rocket science but it's better than just whinging about how rubbish games are

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: August 28, 2017, 11:31:11 PM »

It was about as blatant a red card as you're likely to see. The 'he's not that type of player' is no defence against the incident.

Indeed if that's not red with a hefty ban to boot we might as well do away with red cards. A disgraceful assault and fully intentional in my opinion.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: August 29, 2017, 12:31:17 AM »

Whether CC is normally a dirty player or not, it's a red card all day long.
I said it was a red card challenge  .......  all day long.
A good player can make a very bad challenge, without premeditation.

rrhf

• View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: August 29, 2017, 07:13:23 AM »
Games over lads. Colm not that type of player anyways.

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: August 29, 2017, 07:26:13 AM »
All 3 pundits bottled it last night re: the karate kid. I expected McGuigan to defend him but not the others.

As for Harte staying as long as he wants, he should decide etc. That's nonsense. If the same logic applied, David Moyes would still be at Man U.

How's Brendan Donaghy ban going?

Cllr Willie Power

• View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: August 30, 2017, 02:20:25 AM »
Laughing at all the Dubs going mad about the Colm Cavanagh tackle - there wasn't a word when Johnny Cooper did an even worse one back in 2015....

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: August 30, 2017, 06:50:42 AM »
Laughing at all the Dubs going mad about the Colm Cavanagh tackle - there wasn't a word when Johnny Cooper did an even worse one back in 2015....

There was,... fom tyrone fans. Which shows how hypocritical they are because these same fans can now try and deflect attention away from the thuggish challenge by cavanagh which was undoubtedly worthy of a red card.

Franko

• View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: August 30, 2017, 07:56:56 AM »

There was,... fom tyrone fans. Which shows how hypocritical they are because these same fans can now try and deflect attention away from the thuggish challenge by cavanagh which was undoubtedly worthy of a red card.

Ah I wouldn't pay these sort of fans much heed.  These are the sort of brainwashed fools that defended the likes of Philip Jordan and Tiernan McCann.  Give the opinions of these people the consideration they deserve... and ignore them.  Proper Tyrone football people know the craic... ie. the people who had been to a football match prior to 2003.