The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: Dont Matter on May 26, 2013, 10:44:57 PM
Quote from: bigpaul on May 26, 2013, 10:40:10 PM
Have to say, I'm coming round to Paul Grimley's point of view; two weeks, two public stonings.No analysis of the London-Sligo match,just an assassination of a current manager by a former player!Our game deserves much better.I look forward to the day when another channel is in a position to compete with RTE!!!!!

It's time for everyone to brush up on their Gaeilge and hand it over to TG4.
Spillane didn't have a clue about gps but less of a clue how a proper blanket defence works. If he thinks Cork will run through Donegals defence or Kerry will play 2 long balls and they'll be in on goal then he is living in cloud cookoo land.
Then all we had was rushed through reports on the Leinster games and London/Sligo. More action, less Spillane is what's needed.

Exactly, the cork no 7 and gooch would both have been fouled way out the field and the taking of the free delayed by any one of the top teams.

Syferus

TG4 aren't much better. SBB is the Connemara version of Pat Spillane.

From the Bunker

Quote from: bigpaul on May 26, 2013, 10:56:39 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 26, 2013, 10:44:43 PM
Awful trite light tabloidesque "analysis".
Be better if they just had highlights of the games and leave it at that.
+1.

+2

Quote from: macdanger2 on May 26, 2013, 11:00:34 PM
Have to say, I'm coming round to Paul Grimley's point of view; two weeks, two public stonings.No analysis of the London-Sligo match,just an assassination of a current manager by a former player!Our game deserves much better.I look forward to the day when another channel is in a position to compete with RTE!!!!!

Spillane didn't have a clue about gps but less of a clue how a proper blanket defence works. If he thinks Cork will run through Donegals defence or Kerry will play 2 long balls and they'll be in on goal then he is living in cloud cookoo land.
Then all we had was rushed through reports on the Leinster games and London/Sligo. More action, less Spillane is what's needed.

Exactly, the cork no 7 and gooch would both have been fouled way out the field and the taking of the free delayed by any one of the top teams.

It's Spillanes One trick pony The long ball into the Full Forwards.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 26, 2013, 11:03:35 PM
Quote from: bigpaul on May 26, 2013, 10:56:39 PM
+1.

+2

Quote from: macdanger2 on May 26, 2013, 11:00:34 PM

It's Spillanes One trick pony The long ball into the Full Forwards.

A one trick pony on an analysis show is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Jinxy

This oul moderrin game is fierce complicated.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Captain Obvious

+ 3

Spillane with highlights on how to beat the blanket defence when Tipperary,Limerick didn't use or know how to use one.

bigpaul

I think it's too late for me to brush up, I would happily watch with my cupla focal,wish I didn't understand bearla at times!

babarino

Poor performance tonight by the panel. Brolly, O'Rourke and Kevin Mc Stay are RTE's best pundits. You have to put county allegiances aside when analysing games and O'Hara shouldn't have used his inside knowledge of Sligo to have a go at Kevin Walsh.

Putting on the county blinkers and match analysis don't go together. Pundits all do it at some stage...even the good ones, which is why they shouldn't be given a soap box to comment on games involving their county.

bigpaul

Quote from: babarino on May 26, 2013, 11:35:55 PM
Poor performance tonight by the panel. Brolly, O'Rourke and Kevin Mc Stay are RTE's best pundits. You have to put county allegiances aside when analysing games and O'Hara shouldn't have used his inside knowledge of Sligo to have a go at Kevin Walsh.

Putting on the county blinkers and match analysis don't go together. Pundits all do it at some stage...even the good ones, which is why they shouldn't be given a soap box to comment on games involving their county.
Giants among dwarves!

Main Street

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 26, 2013, 10:18:55 PM
Jez, Spillane just would not let O'Hara or Whealan talk about the GPS that Tyrone were using. Poor form! It was one of those if you can't argue just shout him down! And as for the Blanket rant about Limerick..... jez!  :-[
I didn't see the program, wtf is this GPS thing you mention?

Syferus

Quote from: Main Street on May 26, 2013, 11:58:11 PM
Jez, Spillane just would not let O'Hara or Whealan talk about the GPS that Tyrone were using. Poor form! It was one of those if you can't argue just shout him down! And as for the Blanket rant about Limerick..... jez!  :-[

Conor Gromley has one on his ankle so he doesn't break bail  :-X

bigpaul

Quote from: Main Street on May 26, 2013, 11:58:11 PM
Spillane came across a bit like yourself, he did see the programmme though!

ck

Fair play to O'Hara for exposing the BS that's going on in Sligo. It can be seen as sour grapes but he knew the info so he stated it. Fair play to him.

As for Spillane givi g out about lads wearing GPS systems. Pat is so far out of touch its unreal. He's still stuck in the 70's when the good ole days produced fancy free football and world peace prevailed

Aaron Boone

Before he was interrupted, Spillane probably had a punchline that GPS meant 'Go Pat Spillane'.

Syferus

Quote from: ck on May 27, 2013, 12:18:34 AM
Fair play to O'Hara for exposing the BS that's going on in Sligo. It can be seen as sour grapes but he knew the info so he stated it. Fair play to him.

As for Spillane givi g out about lads wearing GPS systems. Pat is so far out of touch its unreal. He's still stuck in the 70's when the good ole days produced fancy free football and world peace prevailed

So you're saying he should stop Moyna-ing and get with the times?