Author Topic: The Sunday Game  (Read 421547 times)

Seany

• View Profile
Re: The Sunday Game
« Reply #4965 on: August 27, 2017, 04:51:22 PM »
Excellent analysis there by Brolly. When he concentrates on the game and not the other nonsense, he's really good.

Owen Brannigan

• View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: August 27, 2017, 04:55:07 PM »
I actually think Martin Carney is an excellent co commentator. Knows his stuff. Knows the players. Knows the game. What exactly are people looking for in a co commentator?
He is the worst I've ever heard and today he's worse than usual. He doesn't need to tell us the same thing ten times. We can see that Dublin are dominant and Tyrone are very poor. It's like he's taped himself and it's playing on repeat.

Still not as bad as Dick Clerkin as co-commentator on SKY.

Carbery

• View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: August 27, 2017, 10:18:44 PM »
The Sunday Game panel glossed over the Colm Cavanagh incident tonight with Brian McGuigan describing it as "irreverent"
It was a blatant kick to his opponent and a sending off offence.

punt kick

• View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: August 27, 2017, 10:19:54 PM »
The Sunday Game panel glossed over the Colm Cavanagh incident tonight with Brian McGuigan describing it as "irreverent"

Agree scummy cowardly attack.

rodney trotter

• View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: August 27, 2017, 10:22:40 PM »
McGuigan said much the same when donaghy grabbed the Galway full back by the throat.
Just to save Donaghy ,as he has Tyrone blood.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: August 27, 2017, 10:24:58 PM »
I actually think Martin Carney is an excellent co commentator. Knows his stuff. Knows the players. Knows the game. What exactly are people looking for in a co commentator?
I don't mind his analysis except that he talketh way too much, in excess. He would need to cut out 90% of his verbiage before my nerves could chill out. In regards to Martin Carney, the adage "less is more" never rang more true.

cornetto

• View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: August 28, 2017, 01:05:25 AM »
I didn't see the Sunday game tonight but read elsewhere they signed off with the song,

"TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HARTE"

A coincidence or a bit of belly rubbing for mickey Harte for no interviews?

Mayo4Sam

• John Says Keep The Faith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: August 28, 2017, 01:17:02 AM »

While at the same time zooming in x1000 to see AOS standing on Donaghys toe as excuse for the puck in the mouth
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Owen Brannigan

• View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: August 28, 2017, 09:00:47 AM »
McGuigan started the case for the defence of Harte stating a 'county board faction' and some people in Tyrone wanted him to go. His only defence was who would want to come in to replace Mickey Harte.

Brick Tamlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: August 28, 2017, 09:08:46 AM »

Are you taking the piss?
He might have knowledge but whenever he opens his mouth he certainly doesn't show it.
He certainly does not know the players. He gets their names wrong on an astoundingly regular basis. Actually a lot of the boys on RTE do.
There was a passage of play, maybe a Tyrone kickout (there were a lot of those) when Carney tried to make a point but stuttered, farted, spluttered and tripped over his words for about 7seconds and it ended up a mutter in the end. The man is absolutely dreadful. Plus the tone of his voice is nauseating.

doodaa

• View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: August 28, 2017, 09:10:52 AM »

Are you taking the piss?
He might have knowledge but whenever he opens his mouth he certainly doesn't show it.
He certainly does not know the players. He gets their names wrong on an astoundingly regular basis. Actually a lot of the boys on RTE do.
There was a passage of play, maybe a Tyrone kickout (there were a lot of those) when Carney tried to make a point but stuttered, farted, spluttered and tripped over his words for about 7seconds and it ended up a mutter in the end. The man is absolutely dreadful. Plus the tone of his voice is nauseating.

Agreed. There are times ive contemplated watching a game in complete silence when he is commentating.

Brick Tamlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: August 28, 2017, 09:27:14 AM »
On last nights show It was clear that McGuigan tried to brush the Cavanagh Kung-fu under the carpet and move on quickly. And then thon big flower Whelan didn't want to be drawn on it either by more or less doing the same.
It makes no sense to have fellas in the studio commenting or 'analysing' these games if they have a connection to said county or the players. Get some fellas in there who will call it as it is without fear of consequence.
A lot of whats said in the RTE studios is just ball-tickling nonsense for old pros.

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: August 28, 2017, 09:53:40 AM »
On last nights show It was clear that McGuigan tried to brush the Cavanagh Kung-fu under the carpet and move on quickly. And then thon big flower Whelan didn't want to be drawn on it either by more or less doing the same.
It makes no sense to have fellas in the studio commenting or 'analysing' these games if they have a connection to said county or the players. Get some fellas in there who will call it as it is without fear of consequence.
A lot of whats said in the RTE studios is just ball-tickling nonsense for old pros.

They were trying to say it was irrelevant because tyrone were beaten but surely if the incident was looked at again and it was rightly upgraded to a red card cavanagh would be looking at a suspension for at least the first round of next years championship. Therefore it certainly isn't irrelevant.

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: August 28, 2017, 10:03:53 AM »

Gutless is the word to describe those fellas. Cavanaghs act was a straight red, end of discussion.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: August 28, 2017, 10:27:35 AM »
All 3 pundits bottled it last night re: the karate kid. I expected McGuigan to defend him but not the others.

As for Harte staying as long as he wants, he should decide etc. That's nonsense. If the same logic applied, David Moyes would still be at Man U.