Author Topic: Who will stop this Dublin team from 4, 5, 6 or more in a row?  (Read 195 times)

Muck Savage

• View Profile
The biggest questions I had after the game is who will stop Dublin from going 4, 5 or even 6 in a row? And when will that be?
Kerry with their 4 minors should start to see some of the talent flow through to Senior so my guess is they will be the team to stop them. Mayo, while I'd love to see them back I don't know how they same group of lads keep going to the well. Is there another run in them?

rrhf

• View Profile
I think it's Kerry then mayo then Dublin next year. Mayo are as good a team as Dublin and can win next years all Ireland. They need a different ref and a decent subs bench next year. Kerry and Tyrone have serious remedial work to do during the league it terms of playing style and personnel.

Syferus

• View Profile
Mayo are not as good a team as Dublin, best evidenced by their failure to beat them in the last five years despite numerous opportunities.

mrhardyannual

• View Profile
Mayo are not as good a team as Dublin, best evidenced by their failure to beat them in the last five years despite numerous opportunities.
Fair point to date. No reason why it has to remain that way.

Syferus

• View Profile

I think the age profile of both squads says it's going to get worse rather than better for Mayo.

mrhardyannual

• View Profile

I think the age profile of both squads says it's going to get worse rather than better for Mayo.
While Father Time may have an effect a little injection of youth could be a remedy.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

• View Profile
Kerry will eventually, Mayo maybe might get one more chance, everyone else have no hope.

T Fearon

• View Profile
Providing the management retain the hunger and desire I cannot see them being stopped for five in a row.Only a hiccup against Donegal in 2014 has prevented this from happening already

Lar Naparka

• I just know this is gonna be our year!
    • View Profile
Kerry will eventually, Mayo maybe might get one more chance, everyone else have no hope.
That's how I see it also. From what some who have seen Dublin's Blue Wave  blueprint, three out of every five is the objective and that is about the number we can expect for the foreseeable future. Unless there are great social and political changes in near to immediate term future, the Dubs can be expected to meet this objective or better it.