Things that make you go .....Hmmm, that's interesting.

Started by Asal Mor, October 05, 2012, 05:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

While sitting down, lift your right foot off the floor and swing your leg from the knee down to make clockwise circles.

While doing this, draw the number '6' in the air with your right hand.

See what happens to your foot circles.

There's nothing you can do about it.

seafoid

from 2008

http://www.housingwire.com/blogs/1-rewired/post/if-you-do-nothing-else-today

Steve Eisman had become a poorly kept secret. Five hundred people called in to hear what he had to say, and another 500 logged on afterward to listen to a recording of it. He explained the strange alchemy of the C.D.O. and said that he expected losses of up to $300 billion from this sliver of the market alone. To evaluate the situation, he urged his audience to "just throw your model in the garbage can. The models are all backward-looking. The models don't have any idea of what this world has become.... For the first time in their lives, people in the asset-backed-securitization world are actually having to think." He explained that the rating agencies were morally bankrupt and living in fear of becoming actually bankrupt. "The rating agencies are scared to death," he said. "They're scared to death about doing nothing because they'll look like fools if they do nothing."
Dynamite stuff.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Hardy on April 03, 2014, 11:30:43 AM
While sitting down, lift your right foot off the floor and swing your leg from the knee down to make clockwise circles.

Tried for 10 minutes but couldn't beat it. Nosey cnuts in the office staring at me put me off.

ONeill

A small band of Hindu worshippers in India are claiming that drinking fresh cow urine can help cure all diseases - including cancer. Drinking cow urine to treat medical ailments is a centuries old practice in the Hindu religion. But the unusual treatment - which is not medically proven - has resurfaced in recent years, in the North Indian city of Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: ONeill on April 10, 2014, 02:06:44 PM
A small band of Hindu worshippers in India are claiming that drinking fresh cow urine can help cure all diseases - including cancer. Drinking cow urine to treat medical ailments is a centuries old practice in the Hindu religion. But the unusual treatment - which is not medically proven - has resurfaced in recent years, in the North Indian city of Agra, Uttar Pradesh.

Something like the "training" sessions in the movie Beerfest, except they used ram's piss...drink that and you can drink anything!!!

Hardy

Quote from: ONeill on April 10, 2014, 02:06:44 PM

I know a few publicans who seem to believe the same thing.

Orior

Quote from: Hardy on April 03, 2014, 11:30:43 AM

Reminds me of a quote from Goodfellas

Jimmy: Who is this?
Vinnie{over phone}: This is Vinnie.
Jimmy: Vinnie, what happened?
Vinnie{over phone}: Well we-...
Jimmy{interrupting}: You get it straightened out?
Vinnie{over phone}: No, we had a problem... and uh, we tried to do everything we could.
Jimmy: What do you mean?
Vinnie{over phone}: Well, you know what I mean. He's gone, and we couldn't do nothing about it. That's it.
Jimmy{exasperated}: What do you mean? What do you mean? Uh...
Vinnie{over phone}: He's gone. He's gone.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lawnseed

Heres something..  Unless im dreaming are there two versions of the sly stallone film "demolition man"? In the show I rembember stallone is invited to dinner with ramond coctoe (your man from yes minister) together with sandra bullock to "Taco belle" 
In the version I saw this morning they were invited to "Pizza hut"  whats going on?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Puckoon

Asal Mor

Bennett from Commando

was also the biker from The Village people

;)

lawnseed

Quote from: lawnseed on April 11, 2014, 04:28:31 PM
Heres something..  Unless im dreaming are there two versions of the sly stallone film "demolition man"? In the show I rembember stallone is invited to dinner with ramond cocteau (Nigel hawthorne) together with sandra bullock to "Taco belle" 
In the version I saw this morning they were invited to "Pizza hut"  whats going on?

haaa hahahah...
there are two versions pizza and taco belle  both filmed together "pizza hut" is the European version because they commanded more European market share at the time of the movie

you see a thing that makes you go hmmm.. 8)

lawnseed

Quote from: Puckoon on April 12, 2014, 08:28:11 AM
^^^

Yer man is high
Ahh come on thats a real bit of trivia puck. Next time that shows on youll want to see if its the US version or the european version.. :D

Aristo 60

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-27157504

Is the same job being done for us by the Irish army west of Donegal or do the rooskies have free reign there?