Super 8s

Started by theticklemister, February 19, 2017, 10:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Oldira on July 11, 2018, 04:47:10 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 11, 2018, 04:34:15 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 11, 2018, 04:22:55 PM
So Dublin have made official what we all knew all along.
Croke Park IS their home ground.
That or Roscommon not wanting to cause any hassle.

In fairness if Roscommon lose their first two games and Dublin win theirs then I could see that game being moved to Parnell Park. Rossies wont travel with nothing at stake and Dublin will have qualified so no attraction for Dublin fans either. Would make sense to move to PP.

This wasn't even worth typing.

Rossfan

We'd have no say in it as the away team.
Time to add an addendum to the Rule book at next Congress that no County can use Croke Park as a home venue in the Quarter Finals.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Orchard park on July 11, 2018, 04:50:02 PM

In fairness if Roscommon lose their first two games and Dublin win theirs then I could see that game being moved to Parnell Park. Rossies wont travel with nothing at stake and Dublin will have qualified so no attraction for Dublin fans either. Would make sense to move to PP.

It's a double header with the u20 final sol i'd say it stays  put

Hopefully there'll be 2 Connacht counties with prizes at stake.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

giveballaghback

I see they are trying to sanitise the u20 championship by playing the final at headquarters, they have made some haymes  of this competition, most counties had to field weakened teams because they had lads doing exams, after years of commitment to development panels what would be a last chance to represent their county for a lot of lads goes up in smoke, I would particularly mention our own Connacht council in this regard, brainless whatevers.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 11, 2018, 05:29:52 PM

We'll already be qualified for the AISF by then, Farr.

Dinny Breen

That u20 final will feature probably Kerry or Kildare both are out the day before in Killarney at 6pm in the S8 R3 game. Surely the weekend before is the time to play it.
#newbridgeornowhere

manfromdelmonte

Dublin could be out too

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on July 11, 2018, 06:14:09 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 11, 2018, 05:29:52 PM

We'll already be qualified for the AISF by then, Farr.

Le cĂșnamh DĂ©. And wouldn't it be nice to get revenge over Galway if ye were in the semi?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: giveballaghback on July 11, 2018, 06:03:22 PM
I see they are trying to sanitise the u20 championship by playing the final at headquarters, they have made some haymes  of this competition, most counties had to field weakened teams because they had lads doing exams, after years of commitment to development panels what would be a last chance to represent their county for a lot of lads goes up in smoke, I would particularly mention our own Connacht council in this regard, brainless whatevers.

Agree with all that and i would be hopefully the 2019 U20 championship will be much improved as the powers to be learn from all the errors they made. Playing the semi final and final during the super 8s is more nonsense scheduling and as Dinny said supporters are expected to be in Fitzgerald Stadium Saturday evening then Croke Park Sunday for a 1pm throw in.

Rossfan

When do you play it?
May -3rd level exams, June Leaving Cert.
No County games in April so it's Feb/March or October/ November??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on July 12, 2018, 12:44:53 PM
When do you play it?
May -3rd level exams, June Leaving Cert.
No County games in April so it's Feb/March or October/ November??
Your team Roscommon playing 3 games in 3 weeks did them no favours at all in that Connacht final and U20s aren't conditioned like seniors footballers are for that amount of games. Both AI semi finals on in different venues at the same time is a bit odd surely a double header would have made more sense?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

BennyHarp

Perfect scenario, Tyrone beat Roscommon whilst Donegal grab a point v Dublin. In a crazy game in Omagh, Tyrone get a last min goal to take all three points and Donegal win at the Hyde. Donegal and Tyrone play out a nil nil draw in Ballybofey to send the Dubs packing.
That was never a square ball!!

Jayop

Could you just imagine if Dublin somehow didn't get through to the semi finals? Bets busted all over the country.

Syferus

Quote from: Jayop on July 13, 2018, 02:49:01 PM
Could you just imagine if Dublin somehow didn't get through to the semi finals? Bets busted all over the country.

It's as likely as Tyrone winning the AI.

trileacman

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 13, 2018, 02:24:39 PM
Perfect scenario, Tyrone beat Roscommon whilst Donegal grab a point v Dublin. In a crazy game in Omagh, Tyrone get a last min goal to take all three points and Donegal win at the Hyde. Donegal and Tyrone play out a nil nil draw in Ballybofey to send the Dubs packing.

Jesus that would be a dream come true, especially the nil nil draw in a hurricane force wind and rain in Ballybofey.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014