Ulster SFC final set for Clones

Started by youbetterbelieveit, February 14, 2007, 11:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youbetterbelieveit

Ulster SFC final set for Clones
14 February 2007

This year's Ulster SFC final looks set to return to its spiritual home of Clones as it clashes with the Leinster SFC final on July 15th.

The Ulster Council has confirmed that the feeling in their camp is that Croke Park will not be available to them next summer.

A re-structuring of the county championship season sees the All-Ireland final being played a week earlier in order to facilitate the club competitions which, in turn, brings forward the championship dates.

"Because of the tightening up of the fixture schedule, it has ruled it out for us," Ulster Council PRO Martin McAviney explained.

"From the look of it, it will be Clones. Clones is the biggest venue we have."

armaghniac

Great for Clones. Do we need another Ulster final not in Croker thread?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

laughinpaddy

just a qiuck question that i need an answer for, i didn't want to start a new thread for it.

when was the last time there was an all southern Ulster Final? in other words a final that didn't include any of the occupied six
been racking my head all day! >:(
I ain't gettin on no plane!

Blue06

when was the last time there was an all southern Ulster Final? in other words a final that didn't include any of the occupied six
been racking my head all day!

The last All Irish ;) Ulster Final was 1983 Donegal v Cavan.  Prior to that Donegal v Monaghan in 1979.

Onlooker

Laughinpaddy, I think the answer you are looking for Donegal v. Cavan in 1983.

laughinpaddy

cheers blue06 and onlooker, i can finally get some work done ;)
I ain't gettin on no plane!